chapter 1: the start of everything

✦ ✧ ∗ ❥ college adventures (discontinued indefinitely)

꒰ enjoy the word vomit ꒱

~

"Did you see my bag?", a boy asked his classmate flusteredly and his light brown hair sticking out comically.

"I saw Hoseok take it. He just left though, so you might be able to catch him."

The boy hurriedly ran towards the door of the classroom in hopes of catching the person who has his bag while shouting: "Thanks, Youngjae! I owe you one!"

Said boy shouted back in acknowledgment and continued packing his stuff, ready to meet his group of friends at the cafeteria for lunch.

 

Youngjae hummed a song while walking towards the cafeteria. He was in a good mood for some reason today. As he entered the dining place, the smell of food filled his nose and he looked around for his friends amongst the sea of people and loud chattering.

He scanned the whole area while walking around but to no avail. He sighed and took out his phone.

 

ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ♡‧₊˚ Satans.

yyj: where are you es? dont tell me yall are at the 2nd floor because i sure as hell am not climbing up those stairs.

 

byg's: then stay downstairs and starve alone forever. just the 4th week of knowing us and ure already so rude smh.

 

 

Youngjae huffed as he begrudgingly climbed up the cafeteria stairs leading to more seats above.

 

 

yyj: im coming up. and who was the one who told us to be comfortable?

 

byg's: hurry we're beside the f9.

 

 

f9??? holy , Youngjae thought.

F9 was the name of a popular male clique that the whole school named. They have been a group since high school and were popular because of their out-of-the-world visuals and astounding academics. However, most of the group's people keep to themselves and not much people will dare to approach them because of the intimidating aura they all seem to radiate and that created many rumors about the group, ranging from them actually being supernaturals to being the sons of powerful underground leaders.

 

Youngjae was about to reply when he bumped into someone. He almost lost his footing but the person he bumped into held his arms strongly and stabilized him.

He quickly apologized. "Oh my god, I am so sorry."

"It's fine," the person replied.

Youngjae looked up and he was pretty sure he muttered another 'oh my god' under his breath again. The person he had bumped into was no other than Jung Daehyun, a member of F9. Daehyun was known for his exceptionally charming look, especially with the mole under his eye. He was one of the few in F9 who actually interacts with others outside his clique and is quite sociable. Youngjae had liked him since day 1 at the college when he saw Daehyun folding the sleeves of his button-up shirt, revealing his well-toned arms.

 

"You okay there?", Daehyun asked, seemingly concerned when Youngjae just stared without saying anything. Youngjae snapped out of his trance.

"Yes, I'm okay. Sorry once again!" He nodded slightly to the other male before rushing up the stairs, excited to spill some tea to his friends.

 

"What took you so long?", Jaehwan asked when Youngjae bounded up to them, taking a seat beside Himchan.

"I've got something for y'all~", he sing-songed. "You wouldn't believe who just blessed me with a touch of love."

He received weird stares in reply.

Youngjae huffed and quickly explained, "Ya boy here is gonna be lucky for the rest of his life, for god himself just touched me with his golden hands."

Himchan rolled his eyes. "I'm gonna assume this 'god' is Daehyun. And he probably just accidentally brushed against you or something."

Youngjae shook his head in mock disappointment. "Right and wrong. Yes, 'god' is indeed Jung Daehyun but no, he didn't 'accidentally' brush against me. Fate brought us together and made him hold me. I knew I was in a good mood for a superb reason today."

"Okay, we don't really care."

"Cold-hearted bastards. I'll have you know that while I was climbing up those stairs of hell, I bumped into god and he saved me with those muscular arms. I would've returned back to the devil minions if it weren't for him. I am blessed now."

"I'll also have you know that if you don't eat now, you'll have to return to the devil minions starving in 15 minutes," Kyungsoo deadpanned.

"!!!"

Unbeknownst to the group, a certain someone of a group beside them was listening to everything Youngjae had said. He snickered silently.

 

-

 

"Dae hyung!" A shout echoed across the school field.

The subject of interest turned around in annoyance at the person who shouted for him.

"What do you want, stupid brat?"

"Nice to see you too. Anyways, I just wanted to tell you that you've got a new admirer."

Daehyun turned away and started dribbling the soccer ball with his feet. "Tell me when I care, Hyuk."

Hyuk pouted slightly at the elder's disinterest. "But that person is friends with my love. Maybe you could strike up a conversation with that person and bring me closer to my beloved?"

Daehyun whipped his head around irritatedly. "Oh so now you're using me as a stepping stone? ing coward."

Hyuk slowly walked to him and cooed. "Aw don't be mad. I was thinking about your love life too. You and he would be a match made in heaven, in my opinion."

"And if you don't get out of my sight now with your bull I'm gonna tell the whole world your obsession with J-"

"OKAY BYE IM OUT. SORRY."

 

-

 

 

"Oh my god, he's so cool!"

"Look at his toned body!"

"If he weren't so scary I would've talked to him more to get closer to him. Who wouldn't want to date a handsome guy like him?"

 

Kyungsoo sighed as he listened to those girls chattering. First of all, they were disturbing the performance. Secondly, do they only like Jongin because of his looks? Seriously?? Freaks.

He tapped one of the girls beside him. "Please keep it down. I can't concentrate on the performance."

"Whoops, sorry Kyungsoo. But you don't understand! Jongin is just too dashing." The girl gave him a quick (and fake) smile before turning back to her friends and chattering again.

Kyungsoo was upset. Of course he understood. He too liked Jongin romantically. But unlike the girls, he had seen Jongin before his growth spurt and had seen the kind soul underneath the cold facade. He just cannot stand the tons of people who claim they liked Jongin just because of his looks.

Kyungsoo shook away his thoughts. Jongin was still on the stage.

 

After the performance, Kyungsoo met with Hongbin at the library, which was near to the theatre.

"Hey, Soo! How was the performance?"

"It was great, but some people just have to ruin it with their stupid chattering. It's a theatre performance, for god's sake. Who the talks during a scene where it's all dead silence, Bin?!"

Hongbin smiled sympathetically and shrugged. "Well, you were at Jongin's play after all. Can't escape from those fans."

"Fans my ," Kyungsoo spat out.

"Calm down," Hongbin said as he rubbed his friend's shoulders soothingly. "Anyways I'm going to a study date. Wanna come along? I'll introduce you to my boyfriend and his friends. I'm sure you'll want to know them."

Kyungsoo shook his head. "Nah, I'm too lazy. Some other day?"

"Sure."

The two friends say their goodbyes and parted ways while cupid threw her bow on the floor. She had missed her target.

 

-

 

Baekhyun and Jaehwan were in another part of the school walking towards the music room when they saw a huge crowd standing at the room's door.

"What the- what's going on?", Jaehwan asked in shock. Baekhyun shrugged and tapped one of the students on her shoulders. "Hey, what's up? Why're y'all here?"

She flashed him an undignified look. "Aren't you from the Music and Vocal Club? You should know that Chanyeol and Sanghyuk are joining this club!"

"WHAT?!", Baekhyun and Jaehwan shouted loudly

They quickly squeezed through the crowd and went into the room, to find their club mates staring at Chanyeol and Sanghyuk in awe as both of them spoke to the teacher.

"Alright guys, gather around," the teacher clapped to gain everyone's attention. "Chanyeol and Sanghyuk here will be joining this club for good. Get along well, alright?"

Everyone started talking at the same time after the teacher's introduction and Baekhyun and Jaehwan both groaned a little as they see Chanyeol and Sanghyuk look at them. How can the F9 members join their club? As if having both of them in the same class is not enough already. Cupid did a little victory dance and shouted 'YES!'. Her favorite romance genre is hate to love. Oh boy, she is so excited.

 

 

Fast-forward to the next day, Jaehwan groaned as he and Baekhyun plopped down on the seats in the study corner where their friends were. Hongbin looked at them in concern. "What's wrong? You both look so dead."

"Yes, we will be dead soon," Baekhyun cried out dramatically. "We can never escape the clutches of death. Please plan our funeral soon, donate some money as well."

"The ?", Himchan said as he judged his friend. "What's going on?"

"Dumb Yeol and Hyuk are in our club! We're going to diieeeee," Baekhyun whined.

Himchan rolled his eyes. "I thought it was something more serious. I really don't understand why you both dislike them so much. They're really nice."

"'Dislike' would be an understatement," Jaehwan stated. "Try having F9 members in your class and in your club. Plus have them annoying you every single day. I have literally no idea why it's only the both of us!"

"They might have a crush on you both. I don't know any more reasons why they don't treat anyone like they treat y'all," Hongbin said as he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively at Jaehwan and Baekhyun.

Both of them gagged at Hongbin's words. "I think they just like the reactions they incite out of us. We should ignore them," Jaehwan said while Baekhyun agreed, and Hongbin only laughed at their antics.

 

-