Breathless

The Forgotten Vow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Dongyeol?" It has been thousand of times since Suji knocked on the door but there's no answer coming from her twin. She was gradually getting anxious as she remembered the things happened to Dongyeol few days ago. 

He wouldn't do anything stupid, would he? Suji bore those words in her mind.

Suji took out her smart phone and dialled Dongyeol's number. She set the phone to her ears and could actually heard Dongyeol's ringtone was ringing inside the room. But till the last beep, he still refused to respond to the call.

And Suji knows at that time, there's something wrong going on in there.

She instantly made her way downstairs to find for the maid, Ms. Hwang whom has been working here ever since before they're born, "How can I help you, Miss?" The senior woman greeted Suji as she saw the girl's frowning face; as she bit her lower lips, causing it to bleed a little bit.

"Can I have Dongyeol's key room?" She sought the maid, and the woman passed a pleasant smile to her as she nodded, before she made her way into her room and came out with a key in her hand. She gave the key to Suji and without waiting, Suji grabbed the key and rushed herself towards Dongyeol's room.

Suji unlocked the room just to see a boy was laying on the bed with blood covered his body and a piece of shattered glass in his hand. She jumped onto the bed and looked at her lifeless twin; but still breathing, and Suji couldn't help herself but burst into tears.

"Lee Dongyeol," She kept calling out for her twin's name but she knows there will be no answer coming from him. 

Suddenly, she woke up when she could feel someone was calling out for her name, "Lee Suji," Suji gradually revealed her eyes and could see the one whom she has wanted to see the most, sit right infront of her.

It's all a dream. Glad that it's just a dream.

Suji was already drenching in sweats, with tears left on her cheeks as if she really cried though it's only a dream. The girl suddenly pulls the boy into a tight hug, startling him but then Dongyeol settled himself as he wrapped his arms around Suji's and slowly patted the girl's back

"Hey, what's wrong?" Dongyeol asked when he realized that Suji has always been having nightmares lately and it caused her to wake up with tears, drenching in sweats and even worst, sometimes her body would be full with scratches as if she injures herself in the sleep.

Suji was sobbing, "D--- Don't leave me," She said with tears kept dripping down her cheeks, and Dongyeol's shirt was already wet due to her endless tears, "I--- I don't want to lose you,"

"Shh," Dongyeol supported the girl in his embrace, "I'm here, okay," He assured Suji, "I'm not going anywhere and I'll be here, now and forever. Have faith in me, Suji," The boy told his twin to place some faith and trust on him. Dongyeol knew there's no guarantee that he could fulfil his promise with her but he wanted to at least try to be the best brother for Suji.

The girl then pulled herself out from the hug and stared into Dongyeol's face with her swollen eyes, "I dreamt about it again," She told him, "That moment---- I could clearly see you--- blood," Suji stuttered and the tears started to come out from her big eyes again, "I-- I thought I would lose you--- but--,"

"Hey," Dongyeol put his both hands on the girl's cheeks as he passed an assurance smile towards his twin, "It's all in the past. I promised you, right, that I would never do such thing again?" 

Suji smacked her lips as she bit her lower lips, "I know but then--,"

"Trust me," He assessed her small hand into his, "I know I may not be the best brother you ever had, but I promise I will try to be the best for you; at least for now,"

 

 

Jungwoo was walking down the streets, heading to Suji's house since Suji called him early in the morning after she woke up from the terrible dreams. She told the boy she needed him by her side when Jungwoo insisted for them just to see each other at the club house.

However, it wasn't a problem for Jungwoo to go to Suji's since he has constantly been there anyway, to accompany Suji everytime her parents locked Dongyeol into the dungeon. She would cry all night until she finally fell numb in Jungwoo's arms.

As he was on his way there, the sound of his phone ringing disrupted his attention. Jungwoo took out his phone from the jeans pocket and answered the call. All he could hear now was a sound of a girl sobbing. He looked at the phone, and it's clearly shown Yein's name on the screen, "Jung Yein?" Jungwoo called out for the girl's name, "Hey, is there anything wrong?" He asked, but there's no answer coming from Yein.

"Where are you?" The boy asked but it took few seconds for the girl to definitively answer that question of his, "Stay there and don't go anywhere, I'll be there as soon as I can," Jungwoo had ended the call abruptly before he sent a message to Suji saying he couldn't go to her house and asked them to gather at the club house instead.

 

 

As soon as Jungwoo reached the house with the black gate, his eyes wandered around to seek a way for him to enter the house without being noticed by those loan shark whom were still occupying the house. He frowned when he could see someone familiar, "Wasn't that----," Jungwoo went speechless when he recognized one of the people in there. 

But then. he quickly brushed the thought away and continued finding a way to go into the house. At long last, he could see an opening at the second floor window of the house and decided to risk his life and save his friend.

He was panting so hard as he suffered a challenging way to go inside the house. Jungwoo needs to climb up the wall only by holding onto the plumber and when he finally went inside the house, he bumped into the edge of the table; causing the boy to groan in pain.

Yein, who was in fact seeing the scene, giggled to see her clumsy friend, "Jungwoo," She called out for the boy.

Jungwoo lifted up his head and looked at the girl who was having a smile plastered on her face, "Are you okay?" He asked as he approached her. But before that, Jungwoo made sure that the door was already locked and there's no way for those men to barge into the room.

The girl quietly nodded her head, "Thank you for coming," Yein thanked the boy and Jungwoo couldn't do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter