That Day

The Forgotten Vow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Dongyeol, as usual, he would invest his free time alone with no one else there to accompany him here. Like any other days, it's about the time for him to enter his favourite club in the city and enjoy the whole night, dancing on the floor. He could just invite any other guys to join him, but he didn't, because he prefers to go there alone.

Out of many times, he would say, there's an eerie vibe around him as he walked down the road, heading towards the club as if something bad going to happen today. But still, it wouldn't restrict him from going since today a well-known DJ will be hosting the event tonight. There will be no way for him to miss it.

It has been countless of times since Suji had called him and he eventually rejected all of the calls with a reason he didn't want his night to be ruined, listening to all the nonsense stuff Suji wanted to nag him. She loves to nag, that's what Dongyeol frantically sure about his twin sister. In the end, he set his phone in a silent mode so that he wouldn't be bothered with the non-stop incoming call.

He was actually quite lucky because Yein didn't contact him or else, he was sure he couldn't just ignore her call. Even if he tried, his hand would automatically slide on the green option, and hauled the phone to his ears, responding to the call. 

The reason was actually comparatively straightforward as he would say, he has liked Jung Yein ever since the first day Suji escorted her into the group. Yein was ordinarily a quiet kid so most of us had a hard time to talk to her at first, but as the time goes by, Yein slowly opened up herself and she suddenly transforms into the noisiest one between us; she even beat Suji in the term of noisiness.

Dongyeol knows that Suji knows for the fact he likes Yein but never approached her because of the vow, which he thought the silliest vow could ever exist in the world. But he was somehow understood why Suji did that; after all, she was however his twin, wasn't she?

It's all because she likes Jungwoo, as much as Dongyeol likes Yein. It would be a lie if he said he didn't notice the stares Suji constantly gave the boy everytime they're together. It's just like how he would usually do it on Yein. It was practically impossible for anyone to not grasp it as it's too obvious.

Suji did show her real feelings quite a lot, and the real thing was she didn't conceive it when she did all of it. Dongyeol could probably guarantee that Jungwoo knows about Suji's silly crush on him but then he couldn't say that Jungwoo likes her too. Notwithstanding, the possibility is moderately high since they're always together from the start.

He could admit, Jungwoo would be the second closest person to Suji after him. Adeptly, he couldn't say he lost his place to Jungwoo right? When sometimes... he did feel Suji was more comfortable to tell things towards Jungwoo instead of him. Wait, is that mean Suji treasures Jungwoo more than him? Sigh.

As he was walking down the road, he could note an unusual voice and guessed it wasn't too far from him. The alley is dark and no lamp post could be seen around. It actually freaked him out, quite a lot. Nevertheless, he still mustered his courage to resume his journey before he saw a particular light up lamp post shone over something... Wait, it's not exactly something... it's someone?

He knows he shouldn't be bothered about it nor taking a step further, but how could he just disregarded it when there's someone laying on the road, looking as if they're in pain. Oh, hell yeah, Dongyeol couldn't just let it goes by, he needs to know what happened over there.

So, at long last, he was already standing beside the figure and only by then he noticed, the face looks somehow familiar to him, it's..., "Boo Seungkwan," He frowned as he marked his face. But now, the most significant thing was the boy currently had blood all over his shirts.

He was basically drenched in blood, not tears nor sweats but blood.

That moment his eyes fell on the knife located not too far from his body, Dongyeol crouched down in knees to check on his condition and luckily, he was still breathing which means he's safe. The latter looked around but there's no one at all could be seen in the area and it flustered him, he didn't know on what he should do at the moment.

Without he realized, his hand moved towards the knife and he accidentally holds onto it, leaving at least one of his fingerprints on it, "I should call an ambulance," He took out his phone and quickly dialed the respective number before told the report on the incident.

But he didn't expect that the ambulance would arrive faster than it should as it freaking him out when he heard the siren sound. He didn't sure whether he should stay or abandon the boy alone behind... Dongyeol sure had no idea on what kind of situation he's in at the moment. Though, definitely, he fled the scene without even waiting for the ambulance to appear.

Dongyeol didn't know, the decision to leave a fingerprint on the knife would be the most dreadful mistakes he ever did in his entire life.

 

 

 

 

Jungwoo had no idea why suddenly Donghan called him out and on top of that, he couldn't invite anyone else with him. Only Jungwoo, alone. He found it weird but then he didn't have any choices other than to go and see him if he ever wanted to know on what reason Donghan called him for.

Currently, Jungwoo was sitting in front of Donghan with two cups of coffees on the table, "What do you want to tell me?" Jungwoo crossed his both arms and legs as he uttered those. Donghan raised both of his eyebrows as his lips slightly curved upwards producing a suspicious smile.

"Do you think you could act that way after you know what I have in my hand?" Donghan naturally took out his phone and scrolled over something before he revealed it to the boy in front of him, "I think you need to change your behaviour towards me after you watch this video," He acted all cocky and it actually annoyed Jungwoo even more.

The boy clutched the phone and clicked on the play button before his eyes squinted, become smaller as he couldn't believe what he just saw, "What is this?" His eyes back and forth constantly looking at both Donghan and the video, "Why Dongyeol is here?" Jungwoo cluelessly asked.

"As you know, three days ago, Seungkwan was hospitalized because someone pierced him using a knife on his stomach," Donghan informed him, "Just like what you see in the video, though," He continued, "You know what will happen if I gave the video to the reporters right?"

Jungwoo elevated his head up, silently clenching his fist, trying to suppress the anger he felt at the moment, "So what do you want me to do?" He knows he had no way out now.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter