Michaelmas Daisy – Farewell

Selfish White Lily

He knew something was wrong, he felt it days ago. He always wanted to approach him but the other kept avoiding him. It frustrates him, to be honest, and he is also frustrated with himself because he simply lets him get away from him.

But not this time.

With the excuse of leaving his phone, he returns back to check on him and hoping that the other could tell him. He enters the place and heads upstairs, softly calling out to him. The response he receives was a violent cough, causing him to panic and run to his room, grabbing the doorknob and forcefully opens the door. “Yunhyeong-hyung!’

Yunhyeong had his eyes closed, his breathing now becoming soft and slow.

‘I guess it’s not possible to see him once more…’

A single tear rolls down from his eye, clearing his throat as, biting his lower lip again to prevent a small sob to escape. He was really going to miss all of them. His eyes snap open when he hears a faint call coming from downstairs. He glances at the door, frowning a bit as he listens. Another call, this time louder, and from a voice he knows all too well.

Just by hearing his voice, Yunhyeong begins to cry softly and was about to call back but was interrupted by a violent coughing fit, causing him to curl up into a smaller ball as he feels warm liquid trickling down his chin. He hears him call out to him in panic, followed by frantic footsteps approaching his room, then the door swings open.

Silence.

Yunhyeong is certain that he’s frozen, eyes wide in shock. He has yet to catch his breath from the fit, having no time to wipe the remnants of it. He lets out a weak laugh of relief, slowly looking up at him as his eyesight begins to get blurry.

Amidst the dimness, he can clearly make out those endearing wide eyes staring back at him, his mouth hanging open from shock, eyebrows furrowed upward in disbelief.

‘He’s here…’

No words were spoken between the two, only the ragged panting and the soft, nearly inaudible breaths.

The older smiles once more, this time it reaches his eyes. Then he closes them slowly and exhales for the last time.

‘I will always love you and I will never ever regret loving you, Chanwoo.’

On his left hand rests the flower head of a single, blood-soaked Michaelmas Daisy.