(Violet) Saffron Meadow - My Happiest Days are Past

Selfish White Lily

How much can one person suffer?

'I can’t do this.'

Yunhyeong continues to smile his ever-radiant smile. Maybe he’s getting good at it—masking his feelings. No one notices how the corner of his lips quivers ever so slightly. No one notices how his cheeks ache from trying. No one notices how his smile never reaches his eyes anymore.

And so, he watches. He watches all of them having fun. He watches them joyfully laughing and slinging their arms around one another. He watches how his eyes crinkle with mirth, how his nose scrunches ever so slightly, how his dimples—oh god his dimples—appearing happily.

'He looks so happy…'

He laughs along them, but when he felt his throat beginning to tighten, he excuses himself to the bathroom. Making sure that the bathroom is completely empty and that no one was following him, he locks himself inside. He pulls out his handkerchief and presses it against his mouth as he finally coughs, desperately trying to silence it.

After it ended, Yunhyeong was scared. He was scared to look at it, but he can’t avoid it. Slowly, he lowers his handkerchief and opens his eyes and looks at it. Innocently lying on his yellow handkerchief was two petals of saffron meadow.

Exhausted, he leans his head back against the door and closes his eyes, swallowing thickly.

'As long as he is happy, then there’s nothing else I can do.

As long as he is happy, there’s nothing else I will ever ask of.

As long as he is happy, I am content.'