Chapter 11

New start, Old beginnings, Chanyeol POV
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun had got Chanyeol into bed, left him with a bottle of water and pain killers for the inevitable headache that followed him the next day, and a bucket next to him, just in case he did need to vomit again. 

Chanyeol woke up sometime mid-afternoon, with a banging sore head, trying to remember what he had said last night.  He didn’t remember getting home at all, but one look around his room he knew Baekhyun had come and saved him from himself, and he instantly felt like a horrible friend for keeping him in the dark about everything. 

He downed the bottle of water, with the painkillers, and dragged himself into the shower, trying to wash away most of his shame.  When he made his way into the kitchen, he saw in the fridge Baekhyun had ordered him some food, though he was no were to be found, he was grateful, remembering how he intended to eat yesterday but never quite made it, and with his queasy stomach, he scoffed everything Baekhyun had left for him easily, before going back to lay down for a while before he had to leave at 7pm for the MV shoot, with Alex.

At 5.30, Baekhyun came home and stood in Chanyeol’s doorway watching him, with his arms folded. 

Chanyeol, sensing him there, opened one eye from his face down position on the bed. 

‘Hey,’ he sighed gruffly.

‘Hello there, sunshine.’  Baekhyun replied.

‘Thanks, for helping me, and for the food,’ Chanyeol sighed, as he pulled himself up onto his knees.

‘You’re welcome, though you did need it.  How’s your head?’  Baekhyun asked, eyeing him carefully.

‘Not so bad now.’  Chanyeol said quietly, rubbing his fingers gingerly through his hair.

‘You leave at 7?’  Baekhyun asked him.

Chanyeol’s eyes met his, ‘Yeah, I guess I should throw some clothes in a bag.’  Chanyeol looked around his untidy room self-consciously.

‘Chanyeol, what you said last night.’  Baekhyun started, making Chanyeol stop in his tracks.  What had he said last night?

‘You said you brought her here.  I’m smart enough to know you mean Alex, everything else you said I could work out for myself, but you brought her here?’  Baekhyun was waiting for an answer, and Chanyeol knew he deserved one. 

‘I arranged that she stay down the hall.’  Chanyeol admitted, knowing it was time.

‘How?’ Baekhyun asked immediately, Chanyeol knew from the look on his face he hadn’t worked that one out. 

‘She – you were right, she wrote the book, I got Sungbin at KTV to arrange a meeting for her to make it to a film.’  He mumbled feeling embarrassed. 

‘Ahhh the book.’  Baekhyun sighed, slapping himself on his forehead.  ‘That’s pretty impressive.’  He added, finally getting a smile out of Chanyeol. 

‘How do you know her?  To know you love her as much as you do?’  Baekhyun asked, taking Chanyeol by surprise.

‘I just-‘ Chanyeol waivered, he didn’t want to admit the truth to Baekhyun, not yet.  ‘I just feel like I do, from the book.’  He told him, knowing that excuse was worse than the truth.

‘You need to tell Junmyeon.’  Baekhyun shot back at him seriously. 

Chanyeol looked up at him, knowing he was right.  ‘But what do I say to him, he’s already falling in love with her himself, and she’s probably falling for him.’  Chanyeol moaned, putting his head in his hands. 

‘I wouldn’t be so sure about her just yet.  I’ve just been with her.’  Baekhyun said, as Chanyeol dropped his hands to take in what he said. ‘You need to tell Junmyeon before he does get hurt though.’

‘I can’t.’  Chanyeol huffed, ‘He’s my friend.’

‘Yeah and that’s why you need to tell him.’  Baekhyun pushed back.

‘Why were you with her?’  Chanyeol asked, changing the subject. 

‘I went to see how she was, after the way you were last night.’  Baekhyun said without giving anything anyway. 

Chanyeol shook his head sadly, gathering his things, he needed to leave in a little less than an hour. 

‘She’s worried about you, that means she cares, stop acting crazy with her and just be honest.’  Baekhyun said, turning to leave. 

‘If I could do that I wouldn’t be in this mess.’  Chanyeol sighed as he left, not paying attention to whatever he was putting in his bag for the weekend. 

What Baekhyun had said though played on his mind.  He did feel much better for sharing his burden with someone at last, after his complete break down last night and after all Baekhyun was right, he needed to stop acting crazy, to try and be honest.  He decided to try and be as nice as he could this weekend, and find the right time to tell her, before he told Junmyeon.  If she didn’t want him, or feel the same, he needn’t tell Junmyeon and hurt him then, he could keep going along and never know how much Chanyeol was in love with her, but if he told him first, and then she didn’t want him back, then it would always be there between him and Junmyeon, and that’s something he didn’t want.

It was just after 7 when he left the apartment, with a ‘fighting!’ and a grin from Baekhyun he took deep breaths as he descended the floors in the elevator to the lobby to go and wait for the driver. 

He could see Alexandra in her cream coat waiting outside before he even left the building.  He walked slowly up to her and reminded himself to be nice. 

‘Alexandra.’  He said quietly reaching her in no time at all.

She jumped slightly at his presence, one of the earphones she had in her ears fell out as she looked up at him. 

‘Chanyeol,’ she gasped at him.  ‘You’re here.’

‘I’m here.’  He told her, thanking god his voice was even and steady tonight.   ‘Where else would I be?’ he asked her with a slight grin.

She was looking up at him curiously.  Her face was lit with the dim lights from the street and she was as beautiful as ever in his eyes. 

‘I-you-I–I didn’t know you were going in the same-at the same time.’ She was tripping over her words.  She was nervous he realised, making him relax a little.

‘Save’s them money, since we live in the same apartment block,’ he told her, holding back his chuckle.  He thought it was adorably cute sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter