Chapter 1

New start, Old beginnings, Chanyeol POV
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This entire day had been torturous for Chanyeol.  Knowing he would be seeing her soon, as close as he could be, and yet he had no idea what to say to her.  He had been going over and over it in his for weeks now.  Ever since it was confirmed, when she had agreed to come, and the details had been worked out, from that moment on he was a lost soul.  He had worked tirelessly to make sure he arranged the flight she was coming in from Indonesia on.  He painstakingly checked and double checked every flight time table he could and prayed to god that his schedule wasn’t going to be changed at the last moment.  Although he had made sure she was staying just a few doors away from him, he had to see her at the airport, he had built it up so much in his mind he needed to see her. 

He finally boarded the plane with the rest of s, clearly on edge but definitely unable to do anything at all to hide it, he gave in to the feeling, just two more hours he thought, two more hours and we would be sharing oxygen. 

No one else knew what he had done of course.  He was fairly sure Baekhyun had some suspicions about him, but he knew no one else had any idea.  After all none of them had ever asked about the peculiar book he carried around with him.  Oh no, wait, Kyungsoo asked about it once, briefly, when he was first reading it but as far as he could remember no one else really noticed. 

Refusing the mediocre food on the plane, he was too anxious to actually eat, he drummed away the seconds with his long fingertips on the arm rests of his chair.

‘Why aren’t you eating?’  Baekhyun commented bringing him out of his daydreams. 

‘Not hungry.’ He grumbled back, trying to pass it off as nothing unusual.  Baekhyun though could see straight through that excuse, and the look on his face confirmed it to Chanyeol.

‘You always eat.  Weirdo.  Are you sick?’  Baekhyun continued, digging into his cardboard noodles and chicken.

‘Yeah, I’ve felt strange since I woke up.’ He answered bluntly, reclining the chair, and closing his eyes in an attempt to fend off Baekhyun’s questioning.  Just two more hours.

 

Finally, they began the decent towards home.  Chanyeol’s nervousness was now peaking, and as soon as he was able, he stood up out of the seat, grabbing his belongings as quickly as was possible.  Looking at his watch it was 5.45pm, she had arrived not 10 minutes ago if all went to plan on her end.  Taking his phone out of his pocket, he flicked around on the screen to find arrivals for Incheon airport, confirming her flight had indeed landed on schedule. 

‘Why are you rushing?’  Jongdae frowned at him, getting up himself from his own seat and collecting his things.

‘I just want to get home, I’m tired.’ Chanyeol snapped back a little more harshly than he intended too. 

‘We’ll be there soon, are you feeling alright?’  Junmyeon asked him, full of sincere concern for him.

‘Yeah, I’m fine, just a little off.’ He told him striding over to the door to wait to disembark as quickly as he could.  He knew it didn’t matter, they would all be leaving together, they would be rushed through as they usually were to avoid the crowds and he had no control over how fast or slow they were to go. 

As they were escorted out first, with throngs of economy passengers trying to get a look at them as they passed he wondered how she was feeling right now.  He knew she would have no idea he was behind this, of course.  He hadn’t spoke to her in almost a year.  She probably didn’t even remember him really.  Not the him she knew anyway, but she would know him, the Exo him. 

They were directed through to the immigration counters.  His eyes darted around nervously, trying to locate her.  She had to be here, her plane had landed, so she must be here somewhere.  It was a useless task though trying to find her.  Too many people around them were attempting to take pictures of them and they were always told to keep their eyes down as much as possible and get through the systems as quickly as possible.  He was directed as one of the first to go through the immigration counter though, meeting his security on the other side, he was able to look down into the baggage hall.  His eyes swept the entire hall twice before he spotted what he thought could be her.  His heart jumped in his chest as he focused on a small woman.  She was waiting around a carousel tapping her foot, with her arms wrapped around herself.   She was not wearing a jacket thick enough for the cold she was about to face outside.  But her hair was long and blonde, and she looked exceptionally like her picture he had seen online, he couldn’t be sure, not until he saw her eyes.

His gaze was disturbed as Baekhyun and Jongdae made their way through and Baekhyun threw an arm around him. 

‘Let’s go.’ He grinned up at him.  Chanyeol knew they would be out of the doors before her since she had no suitcases yet.  They never waited for luggage, the staff who accompanied them did that, so they didn’t make more of a fuss than was necessary in the airports they frequented. 

‘I need to use the bathroom.’ Chanyeol stated, as they began to make their way out.  It was the first thing he could think of to buy her some time. 

‘Fine but make it quick.’ The security told him with a grimace towards his watch.  They hated being delayed in the airports, it didn’t particularly make their job any easier. 

He shot into the first bathroom he could find, and stood at the sink, thinking desperately how to delay them.  Tak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter