Chapter 6

The Legends Untold

The painting of the goddess kept on appearing on her thought. Song im kept thinking about it after she went home after thanked the old lady for the whole night.. She wanted to ask the ahjumma but her tongue just won't speak up.. Even though she went so much to go to the national library. She won't get the answer that easy. She kept remembering the dream and all the event that happen so far. It all started with kim jong kook's accident.. She began to connect the dot. It was like a puzzle.. She needed to find the missing piece.

Kim jong kook perspective

Kim jong kook woke up in the middle of knowhere. There was a huge tree and the tree was as big as the seoul tower.. He woke and was mesmerized by the tree size. He was so little compared to the tree. The area was full of tree and the only tree that stood up was the gigantic free.. It was a forest and the centre of the forest was that tree.. There were firefly everywhere and the whole forest were glittering with the moonlight. There were river streams that cross the whole forest and kim jong kook could felt that the forest itself was alive. He looked at himself and he could see that he was wearing some kind of armor. Beside him was a sword and it is enormous. It was as big as him.. The blade was black and full of decoration. There were carving with a language that he could not understand. The carving was glowing with the green dim light. He tried to swing the sword. Surprisingly the sword was so light. He tried to copy some moves that he watched in the historical drama and the sword just understand his mind.  Without him knowing, pair of eyes were watching from the dark. They kept watching him doing the stunt. I hour passed and kim jong kook still swinging the sword. The clock kept ticking and he tried to see the time.. He was searching for his handphone and he could not find it. At that time that he realised it. How could he be so calm and not panicking. He started to remembered everything. The accident and suddenly he saw something that very familiar. The stones, the river and the trees. It was as he was enlighten and he remembered this place. It was the same place inside his dream. So he tried to reorganise  his thoughts.." Am I dreaming?" he said inside his head. He denied it. Impossible this is a dream he said. It is so real and the time that I spent swinging that sword felt like real. He was speaking to himself and the conversation continued for several minutes. At the end, he concluded that he has traveled to another world or he traveled back to the past. How can he ended up like this. He was alone in his future but not in the past. " I guessed that I'm always alone whether in the future or the past. What a lonely life that I had". He sighed while walking to the exact spot in his dream. He remembered that inside his dream, there was a woman, beautiful woman who looked like a goddess. But sadly she did not appeared like in his dream. He thought that the dream is just a dream and now is the reality. How can a woman who look like a goddess will waiting for him  in the middle of the forest. " That will be super epic if that woman really came to me". He said to himself. He walked at the river bank and hopping on the stone. Playing with himself because he was bored. While playing with the water, he suddenly felt hungry. He immediately saw a fish was swimming in the water. He tried to catch the fish. He struggled and finally could catch it. The fish was about the size of his thigh. He was satisfied with the result and started to think the way to cook the fish. He remembered when he was a little kid, he was a boy scout and luckily he did not skip the camp. So he learned the survival skill. But sadly, all of the knowledge is only a theory. He tried to put the theory into a practical. It did not worked very well. He spent almost 1 hour doing the same thing. Trying to light a fire. He looked at the fish. 'Can I eat it raw. No. No. No. Kim jong kook.. Wake up. Only god knows how many microorganisms that live inside that fish were trying to find a new place to live. You are not that kind to let those guys inside your muscular body. There's no way I can allows that. " He kept on thinking on how can he cooked this fish. He kept mumbling. When he was a little, he saw a cartoon named Avatar, the last airbender. He kept thinking, it would be an easy task for a fire bender to cook this fish. He imagined that " Zuko" are laughing at him and mocking him. SHAME on you kim jong kook. He tried again with the thought of the avatar.. I'm am the avatar.. Master of the four elements. Long ago, the four nation lived in harmony. But everything changed when the fire nation attack. By the time he finished that sentence. Fire emerged and he was very delighted. Shockingly, the fire did not ignite at the firewood but the source of fire was on his hand. He panicked and quickly ran to the river. He tried to put down the fire with the water. The fire did not die. It kept burning on his hand. Strangely he did not feel hurt with the fire. He tried to touch it his other hand. It's true. It did not burn him. He tried to put the fish into fire. It works. He laughed with his accomplishment. He cooked the fish and to other things except him the fire is so dangerous. It could cook the fish in only a few seconds. Strange enough, the colour of the fire is not like ordinary one, the colour of his fire is bluish purple. If you are familiar with the emission spectra from flame tests, you'll recognize that potassium salts burn violet or purple. The color seems more of a blue-violet, but you can get a more reddish purple if you mix a little strontium from the red fire tutorial in with the salt substitute.. He remembered the chemistry experiment that he had done in his time during his high school. What a cool flame. If only he had his handphone, he would snap a picture and send to jang hyuk, his best friend. He tried to figure out the way to put off the flame. He tried to cast a mantra by throwing gestures all over the place and said. Oh mighty fire. Please vanished. It did not happen so easy. He tried other ways. Abracadabra he cast. Same result. Zamzamalakazam. It still not worked out. Then he gave up. Lastly he tried to use his mind. He imagined that the fire dissappear. Luckily the flame vanished. So he felt that he knew how this thing work. He tried some experiments. He tried to ignite the flame once more. Surprisingly it worked. Hahahahahhahahaha.. He laughed out loud. I am the avatar.. Master of the four elements. Without his notice. He spent doing the experiments almost throught out the night and finally he felt asleep. What a long dream he said. I must be hallucinating. What a weird dream. I hoped that I could wake up in my real world and see my parent. He slowly close his eyes. 

The Sun rises and engulfing the whole forest with the light. Kim jong kook slept under a tree and he slowly regained his consciousness. He tried to open his eyes. He felt very comfortable. What a soft pillow he said. I did not expect the hospital pillow is so high quality. The smell. What a nice smell. The smell of flower is everywhere. He recognised this smell. It's the smell of the purple flower. What is it? It started with L. Yeahh.. The smell of lavender. He recognised it. Slowly he felt fingers brushing his face. Mom, I knew that I had made you worry. I'm sorry mom. The feeling of touch made him eager to wake up. He quickly opened his eyes. He was expecting his mother. " What? What just happened? Where is my mom. I did not see her.. Wait.. Wait just a minute.  Who the hell is this woman. How can she be here in the hospital? Is she my relatives. Impossible.. Wait.. Is this hospital. How can there are so many trees inside a hospital room. Waitt.. The soft feelings. It was that woman thigh. He stood up immediately and he looked at the woman.. 

I'm so sorry.. I didn't meant to sleep on your thigh. He was bowing. She smiled to him and it made his heart melt. WAAAAAIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTT.... He was screaming.. You are that person.. You are that woman... You are that woman from my dream.. IMMMMPPPPOOOSSSSSIIIIBBBBLLLLLEEEEE....