Chapter 5

The Legends Untold

              The night past through like there were nothing had happen in this world. Kim jong kook is still lying in the bed of the hospital. Last night was a hectic moment. Kim jong kook was not stable and critical. All of the family were called by the doctor. They were praying all the night for Kim jong kook to survive his critical condition. The same night that Song Im dreamt about the warrior and the goddess. The Sun rose this morning with a bright day ahead. But the family felt gloomy eventhough the day was bright. Song Im woke up this morning with lots of question marks in her head. The same question that appeared last night after she had a dream about a woman that looked exactly like her. She was not satisfied with the result of the Google search engine. So she decided to go to the national libray of the South Korea which is situated at 201 Banpo-daero, Banpo-dong, Seocho-gu, Seoul, South Korea. She was determined that maybe there will be something that can be done in order to trace the history of the so called Goddess. She stood up from her bed and quickly went to the bathroom. About 20 minutes were spent inside the bathroom doing the " girl's staffs" of God know what. She managed to get out from her appartment around 10 am in the morning. She needed to take the bus in order to go to the public library because the distance between the library and her home is about 10 minutes of bus riding. While waiting for the bus at the bus stop, the sky suddenly went dark and the weather forecast did not mention anything about the rain or even close to that. So she did not bring her umbrella. She cursed himself for not preparing for the worst. "Aigoo!! What a silly girl you are.. Song Im shii... babo" she said to herself. The wind began to start blowing strongly and the fallen leaves is scattered and flying everywhere in the middle of the air. The strong wind blow incrediblely and people started to get panic including Song Im. in the middle of hectic wind blowing scene, the fallen leaves was like assembling to make a shape. The leaves was shaping in a form of a woman. There were no pedestrian that realized the scene of " a woman leaf" that happen to appear in the middle of a stong wind exclude Song Im. She was happen to see the phenomenon literally right in front of her face as the " leaf woman was like trying to reach her out. as the leaf woman reach out her hand, the wind immediately stop and the leaf fall to the ground. The people at the surrounding was gaping their mouth as wide as they can because of the unrealistic thing that happen. Song Im was shocked and she was blinking rapidly as she could not believe her eyes. "What was that? mwo ya?.. Why is happening? Why I kept seing things. Am I going crazy?". The question kept adding up as she could not brain the situation that she was in.

             Right after the wind blowing phenomenon ends, the bus arrived and she quickly rode the bus and settle down on the sit. She kept thinking about the scene. It was like a CGI effects in a movie and it was so vivid. She brought out her earphone and started listening to the music. Around 10 minutes later, she arrived at the public library. Without wasting any time, she quickly went to the history section and started to search about the goddess. She took around 5 books in total and sat down at a table. She went cover to cover, pages by pages but surprisingly there was nothing about the goddess. She went back to the rack and took other books. The process repeated untill the librarian came to her and told her that the library is already wanted to close and ask her to come again tomorrow. The library closed at 11pm. She was so frustrated as she could not find any single clue about the self claim Goddess. She tidy up all the books and went out from the library. She walked to the bus stop and silently praying to the God to give her guidance. She walked tiredly with her glass that was almost falling down and messy hair. The surrounding people was staring at her. She did not care that the people judge her appearances as she had been used to it. As she was walking to the bus stop, she realized that she had not eaten since morning and she was starving. she decided to go to the nearest stall and have some snack and a little bit of soju. She end up drinking three bottles of soju on her own and she start to get drunk. "Ahjussi.. Ahjussi.. Ahjussi!!  Ahjumma?". She smiled alone as the drink started to mess with her consciousness. The ahjumma which is the owner of the stall was smiling as the young woman started to behave like a drunk person. The ahjumma asked her where she lived and asking about her friend so that her friend could take herhome. Suddenly, she started crying.. " Ahjussi.. I do not have friends. There were no one that was willing to befriend me. Eventhough there was someone that treat me equally like any other person but that person is sick. Now I dont have anyone.. Hehe.. Is it so sad and It was my fault that he end up like that. How can I forgive myself. Ahjussi..". She ended up passing out and the ahjumma brought Song Im to her home. The night passed as there were no stars and the moon is covered by the cloud. The scenery is so dim and only the light of the building that shone. It is somehow the world knew the feeling of sorrow that Song Im felt.

                " Where is this? What happen last night? The last thing that I remembered was soju.. Okay.. I was drinking soju, then what had happen? Did someone kidnap me? But the kidnapper did not tie my hand." She quickly felt her own mouth." There was no tape.. Fuhhhhhhh.. I was not kidnapped.. Well then?". As she trying to reorganize her thought, the sliding door opened. She was shocked and kept looking at the direction of the door. She jumped up on his leg and make the boxing gesture. She was ready if bad people came. Slowly the Ahjumma from the stall last night came in. She was so relieved as she saw that Ahjumma. The Ahjumma was bringing a bowl of hangover soup and passed it to her. She was deeply thankful." Choe-song-ham-ni-da Ahjumma". As she kept apologizing and nodding her head, she saw an old painting of a woman. The woman in that painting is the same as the Goddess that she met in her dream. She looked at the painting then she looked at the Ahjumma.. " What is the connection between the Ahjumma and the Goddess.. This is not a mere coincidence". She said to herself..