02。

〈 NOX ﹔ the prophecy 〉 blockberry creative's first boy group。
                                                                                                           

 

When I finally meet you, on a day I can’t predict / When we finally become a “we”
So I won’t just pass by you / So I can recognize you / Please stay that way


 

Remus stands in an room, opulent and garishly furnished in the exuberant style of the baroque and its rococo extension. Light filters in from the windows through curtains that obscure the view. Remus goes about his day interacting with various objects around the room but it's obvious he's restless. He walks and acts stiff and there are strings wrapped tight around his arms like a marrionette. He lounges on the sofa but that doesn't feel right. He leafs through a book by a big antique bookcase but the pages are blank. He arranges a bowl of fruit just so even though they're obviously plastic. He fixes himself up in a mirror that has been completely painted over in lilac, righting his shirt just so, fixing his hat just so, but it's obvious that it doesn't quite fit. His clothes are too dark and don't fit right, they stand out against the rest of the room. He stands out against the rest of the room.

Suddely one of the windows blows open and a magpie lands on the sill, which he quickly shoos away and desperately shuts the window back up. There's cuts of him nailing the window shut with pastel planks. Cracks start to form on the walls but Remus grabs a paint bucket and desperately paints over them as they appear.

Then the door opens, letting real bright light spill onto the scene. Five magpies can be seen outside, staring intently at him. Remus approaches, his expression cautious and a little scared, but he finds his strings don't let him venture far enough to actually step outside of the room. All he can do is look at the outside, and a distinct blue sky can be seen outside of his little prison. He looks back at his room and then turns his gaze to the strings. Carefully he pulls and breaks one, leaving angry red marks where they used to be. He waits for the sky to fall on him but nothing happens. He breaks the others, looking almost mesmerized by the possibility. 

After breaking his strings he very cautiously steps outside. There are still angry red lines where the strings used to be, and he rubs them as he looks around. He's in an empty street, the sky above him is a bright blue and he squints against the sun. Seven magpies fly overhead, coming from the south, and Remus tries to follow, but in his caution he’s too slow and he loses sight of the birds.

While lost, Remus finds an empty rundown doorway. Above it is a rough engraving that resembles two heads attached to each other, each facing the other way. He enters cautiously into a room that looks as shabby inside as the building did outside. There is a single mirror in the center of the room. On the wall behind it is a closed door with ignis aurum probat carved roughly above it. There's nothing elegant about the room, a stark contrast to the one he was in before.

He approaches the mirror, and for the first time he really sees himself, standing in dark dirty clothes that don't fit, with angry red lines still prominent on his arms. The mirror image shows someone entirely different: he has soft pink hair instead of the dark brown, his clothes are light and pastel with the sleeves pushed up to his elbow, and the red lines are soft and almost entirely faded. The dark Remus touches his mirror image with shock and wonder. He glances at the lines on his arms and, after a moment's hesitation, rubs at them and they fade just a little. The camera circles around the mirror and when it comes back around the pastel Remus is standing outside and the dark Remus looks back from the mirror. Then the door opens.

Remus passes through, and on the other side there is a huge lighthouse standing on a cliff. Eight magpies land on the railing at the very top, looking down at him. He enters the lighthouse and climbs all the way up the circular stairs to the top. He is noticeably freer in his movements and expressions. There's nothing of that cautious mouse left as he runs up the stairs without abandon, sometimes skipping multiple steps to get to the top. The camera focuses on the top door from the outside as Remus throws it open and steps onto the platform, the red lines on his arms completely gone now. There's a huge smile filled with wonder on his face as he looks at the horizon, though we can't see it as the camera focuses solely on his face. He leans on the railing and smiles, content at what he is seeing as the last words of the song play.

 

 

"The second member of NOX serenades you in his solo MV debut"
 
5.5.18

Get ready for Remus, the second member of Blockberry Creative's upcoming male idol group. Remus debuted today with the soulful ballad 'Stay As You Are', which showcases his soothing voice  and impressive singing ability.

His company announced on Twitter that Remus was born as Sun Seyoon on the 14.11.1992 and would be one of the main vocals and the leader of NOX. Prior to his time at Blockberry Creative, Seyoon had been a SM Entertainment trainee for twelve years. He also already finished his military service as a soldier in active duty. A representative of Blockberry Creative stated: 'Because of Remus' age and his experience in training, we are confident that he'll fulfill his role of leadership well'. What are your thoughts on Remus' debut?

[+471, -122] I'm an ahjumma in my 40s. I usually have no interest in idols but I've been replaying 'Stay' since it came out. The way Remus sings is just full of emotion, every time I listen to this song, I get goosebumps. I'm really looking forward to hear more of him.

[+455, -312] His visuals are not really idol-like
- People like you then go around and whine about idols being untalented 
- Is he singing with his face or voice? I'm tired of idol members shaking their butts and biting their lips

[+410; -252] Here you can see the prime example of hard work paying off.  because he persisted for 12 years without giving up, he finally made his debut

[+390; -201] Frankly speaking, there must be a reason why SM didn't debut him after letting him train for so many years, imagine the training costs they must have wasted on him... there are 18 members who made it into NCT, so for him to not be chosen, he must have been severely lacking

[+364; -101] Why is nobody talking about the meaning of the MV, I think it's beautifully done. It's obvious that when Remus cut off the strings, he cut off negative presences in his life. I wish I understood Latin to understand the text above the door

[+322; -14] Finally a real man who completed his army service! out of the perspective of this hyung, Remus is likeable

[+271; -87] That street in his MV is exactly the same place Vana's music video had been filmed. Are BBC already running out of money so soon;;

[+261; -57] He looks like a baby so his voice caught me off-guard. so cute! Seyoon, this noona is looking forward to you~


 
 

                                                                               

                                                                                                April the 3rd, 2018                                                                          

 
"Trainee Sun Seyoon, please go to the CEO's office, Mr Kwon expects you there."

A Blockberry staff member stood at the practice room door with a hand still weighing on the handle. The trainees had been practicing their dancing but the moment he finished speaking, all eyes were on the short trainee in the corner.

Seyoon nodded at the staff member before he sending his instructor a polite smile and asking for a permission to leave the lesson for a while. Why would the CEO be calling to his office now? He could think of a million reasons and not all of them were good.

"Just go, you can come back to practice later," his dance instructor said.

Seyoon thanked her with a bow and slowly walked to the door, hoping that his wobbling knees wouldn't be obvious. He got some thumbs up and grins from some of the younger trainees and he hoped the smile he sent in return didn't betray his nerves.
 
As soon as he closed the door to the training room, he let out a deep breath and brushed his sweaty hands on his sweatpants.
 
The issue was, if he could come back to practice later.
 
After Moon Hawon had been set for debut last month, every male trainee in the company was secretly hoping that their turn would be next. Had any other name been called out, he might have believed that they were heading towards a debut. But, no, it was him who’d been called out. Why would they choose him? He had been training here for only four months, was more than three years older than the next oldest trainee and at a height of 167cm, he had long given up the hope that he would ever belong to a so-called 'visual line'.
 
Would the CEO tell him they made a mistake when they scouted him? That they realized he wasn't really what they were looking for, just like it happened back then? He couldn’t imagine that it could be the alternative. That he might actually achieve the thing that he’d been working towards for twelve years, and that in the span of four months. But no, time had taught him to not be that optimistic.
 
His feet carried him to the CEO's office as if they were moving on their own accord while he tried to fight back the nausea that bubbled up at the sight of that imposing door. He brushed his hands on his sweatpants again. Oh no, he'd just been dancing for hours, he probably looked terrible! He tried to hastily fix his hair and rub the sweat from his brow away before taking another deep breath and knocking on the door.
 
"Come in," a muffled baritone voice from the other room. Seyoon carefully opened the door and stepped inside the office before closing it behind him. He bowed a polite ninety degrees and when he looked up again, Mr Kwon was smiling at him, the crows feet next to his eyes wrinkling up.
 
He rose from his big, ebony armchair and extended his hands towards him. "Congratulations on your impending debut, Sun Seyoon."
 
Seyoon's eyes widened in surprise. Did he really just hear that? Had the CEO really just said that? He felt his heart skip a beat before it pounded in his ribcage with new fervor, the blood rushing through his ears. For the fraction of a second, his jaw dropped before his manners kicked in and he quickly shut it again. He arranged his expression into a more appropriate one but it did little to betray the warmth that spread in his chest. He bowed again, this time even deeper.
 
"Thank you for your kind consideration, I won't disappoint you, Sajangnim."
 
 
 
First I want to express my gratitude to UrangUtang who not only created Seyoon but also offered to help me by being my beta reader. She really edited this fantastically, improving the overall quality by, like, 1000%.
Credit to the MV also goes to her, as she is Seyoon's creator.
Also, I don't want to run into any plagiarism issues with this story, so I here is a question for everyone who applied: in case your character is chosen, do I get the permission to include the MV section of your app in your reveal chapter? I might do small edits with the language/formatting (leaving out interpretations, keep the format similar to the other chosen apps) but I won't touch the actual content.