07。

〈 NOX ﹔ the prophecy 〉 blockberry creative's first boy group。

  

                                                                          
I’ll hold you
Even when the world turns its back on you
You can lean on me Oooh
We are no more than friends

I know I know Woo
 

 

The video opens up with a frame of a throne with two throne chairs. On one side are deep black vines with stone crumbling away, on other bright stone with vibrant green vines.  Two different looking apples are lying on each chair. One apple that is slowly starting to rot away falls down, out of frame into a large throne looking room next to a person draped in black chiffon with a crown of black star calla lilies and promagrantee flowers sitting in a large black throne.  As the person lifts his head, it's revealed that the one in question is Ádan. He picks up the apple and stares at it.

The frame changes to show Daebyeol standing in frame with a dying narcissus flower. The frame gets a close up of Daebyeol's face to show his large circle frame glasses and his hair a dark ashy sliver-gray, just singing to the song.

Then the camera zooms out, Daebyeol walks to the margin of the frame to the left. On the other side of the screen is a blue light, another version of Daebyeol walking into it. Meanwhile, a snake strikes a dove which was trying to catch the first Daebyeol going into the dark.

Another frame. Daebyeol enters the dark and gloomy throne looking room just setting his dying plant next to his ebony throne. He stands in front of the other empty throne that the owl is resting in with the floral crown laying on top of the chair waiting for someone to wear it. He turns away from it, just looking back at the camera as a bident is slid across the floor at him. He ignores this just walking to the ebony throne and lounging in it. The camera zooms on Daebyeol as the owl flies above him, letting go of a crown of his own made of cypress branches and asphodel plant leaves. The crown lands on top of his head as he sings to the song as a swarm of bats flying in darkening the screen.

Daebyeol is now holding the bident in hand as his crown has two large ram horns just holding the crown of black star calla lilies and pomegranate flowers. The once empty room with only two thrones now has black columns of snakes nests, snowy owls, and a statue of a three headed dog.


The frame changes back to the rotten apple. This time, it's not Ádan but Daebyeol who is holding it.

The next couple frames are quick flashes of brightly saturated frames - showing Daebyeol and another person in Mundus. Some Daebyeol sitting next to him, them picking flowers, one with Daebyeol's head laying on his chest watching the bright blue sky, Daebyeol placing an asphodel leaf behind the other's ear.

Another shot. This time it's Daebyeol and that person on a rooftop. On Daebyeol's side, the sky is pitch black but it changes into a blueish gradient between them. There is a light source behind that other person, but it can't penetrate the pitch darkness on Daebyeol's side. Daebyeol reaches out his hand and grabs the other's, trying to drag him onto his side. The other one shrugs him off and turns away. As he's facing the light source, his face becomes illuminated enough to make out that the person in question is Cano. Daebyeol reaches out to him but he leaves.

The music video ends with another frame of Daebyeol on his throne. He is still holding the bident in hand as his crown has two large ram horns just holding the crown of black star calla lilies and pomegranate flowers. Snakes and owls are surrounding him, but his eyes are focused on the blossoming narcissus flower in his hand.

 

NOX' Daebyeol Makes his October Debut with Bonnie & Clyde

10.10.18


The saga takes a darker turn as the seventh NOX member, Daebyeol, was just revealed through his R&B ballad, Bonnie & Clyde. In the video, which is starring fellow members Cano and Ádan, he shows his corrupted and fatal charms.

Daebyeol's real name is Noh Euikyeol and he will be a lead dancer and lead vocalist of the group. This time, his debut month and his birth month actually line up as he was born on October 31st, 1996. Daebyeol was born in Seoul and trained for one year and two months.

[+681; - 72] Even though our Inyoung-ie's cameo was small, he looked so handsome in that video! Sun Inyoung fighting, Cano fighting, Daebyeol fighting ♥

[+432; - 31]  It seems like his and Cano's MV's are interlinked, wasn't there a dark blue door in Cano's video which he refused to pass through? Oh, let the theories begin!

[+398; - 42] His stage name seems inspired by the story of the Twin Apples. Even though it might look countrified, I like it when entertainment culture includes folklore like that. the MV also highlighted it, it seems like Daebyeol willingly became a devil to save Ádan?

[+336; - 12] So he is the male version of Olivia Hye, and Cano is the Yves who left him?
- You forgot that he tried to drag Cano with him instead of following, I don't think those two are comparable
- Isn't he more like Chuu?

[+311; - 171] he's handsome!! as expected of inyoung-ssi's group mates

[+294; - 9] The song and mv are good. I like that BBC venture out with darker concepts.

[+271; - 12] I think that he fit the y concept well *u*... his singing is also really nice


 
 


                                                                           
                                                                            
                                                                             


                
                                                                                                                          6th of December, 2017


 

One. Two. Three. Four.

Euikyeol watched himself in the mirror as he danced through the intrinsicate choreography. The deep bass energized him, motivated him to dismiss his aching muscles to move more fervently to the beat. The remix they chose was perfect for including multiple genres; some sections choppy for locking steps and then the music picking up for fluent, sweeping moves.
 
Out of the corner of his eyes he saw his friends' perform the same steps as him, the gracefulness of Jiwoo's spins and the fierceness of Shinjo's body rolls. Euikyeol's eyes clung a little longer on the latter - long enough to miss a beat and break the perfect synchronization.

He got back into the rhythm a few second later but the magic spell was gone. The euphory he felt seconds before
was replaced with mild annoyance at his own mistake.

Another formation change and now he was standing in the center.
He powered through the moves until the music stopped and he transitioned to the ending pose, smiling into the mirror in front of him. Euikyeol caught his breath for a few seconds before he walked a little closer to the mirror to inspect his face. He rubbed his hand against his eyes.

He knew it was a bad move to apply make up before his training sessions but sometimes, when he stood in front of the bathroom mirror, he just grabbed his eyeliner on impulse. And today he actually had a reason to look good, not that his make up had helped any. Even with his meager eyesight he could spot the dark circles smudging underneath his bottom lashes. Great, now he looked worse than if he left the house bare-faced.

“Geez, you look good, no need to stare at your own reflection that long.”

Euikyeol felt a sudden surge of embarassment and scrambled for a reply. “Thanks, you t-danced well.”

It wasn't a lie, though he wished he could have said something smoother. For example a 'like what you see?' and that famous eyebrow wiggle which seemed to work so well for those guys in the movies. Well, at least he hadn't actually said the first thing that popped up in his mind.

Shinjo
just smirked. “Can't lose the main dancer position to either of you.”

Jiwoo chuckled good-naturedly and Euikyeol made his best attempt at a smile and hoped that it was enough to convince his friends. He frankly didn't know whether he was still part of the competition for a potential main dancer. By now, it was turning more and more into a battle between Jiwoo and Shinjo. Their main instructor clearly saw them in a league of their own and it was somewhat true, he was falling behind. The blunder in their last routine wasn't the only mistake he made today, actually, 8 out of 10 times he could be accountable for them. Still probably the third best dancer among the trainees, but not a contender for the crown.

 
But it wasn't his friends' fault, he reminded himself while following them to the changing rooms. No need to get resentful. He should work harder to keep up with them.

“Anyways, we should
really hurry up now or else we'll be late to the movie. Again.” Shinjo said with a pointed look towards Jiwoo. Jiwoo had the decency to at least look guilty. His insistence to not leave the practice room until the tiniest flaw was fixed led their little group to pull a few all-nighters already. Euikyeol knew this wasn't healthy but sometimes a part of him wondered whether he'd be aknowledged as their contender if he showed the same amount of determination, too.

“Let me
just grab my things and change,” he answered and went to the corner where he usually left his belongings. One glance at his mobile screen showed the pop-up notification that he'd gotten a new message. Euikyeol squinted but the small font was impossible to decipher. Slipping on his hearing aids and then his glasses, he grabbed his mobile and opened the chat.

From: Gunhee
> Can you help out today?? I'm about to get overrun by a mob of students wanting to drink their problems away
> plz i'm dyng o ver here
> SOS!!!!!!!
> 😢😢😢

He sighed. The timing was unfortunate. He bit his look and glanced at his friends who were talking about the trailer while getting dressed. For one moment he contemplated to call Gunhee off.

Then he shook his head to get rid of those thoughts and typed out a reply.


> There in 30

He turned to his friends again, eyes apologetic, “Guys, bad news – I gotta help out at my father's club tonight.”

Shinjo clenched his jaw and crossed his arms in front of his chest and Jiwoo frowned.
The disappointment in their faces did nothing to make him feel better about his own predication.

“But haven't you helped out on most of these nights already?” Jiwoo asked and turned to Shinjo for affirmation.

Shinjo opened his mouth and Euikyeol already knew that he wouldn't like what he was hearing. “Even though I know I'll
probably sound like a broken record, I don't think that's a good idea. I mean, you want to debut after all, hanging out each night at a club wouldn't throw any good light on a rookie idol.”

It's not like Euikyeol didn't already know that.
His dad's establishment wasn't a horribly shady establishment but working at it's bar wouldn't exactly elevate his chances of selling an innocent concept. But good barmen weren't easy to find, and with one of them on a sick leave, he had to step up and keep the business running. He couldn't help what kind of enterprise his father ran, and Shinjo's constant objections were starting to get annoying.

So Euikyeol
just shrugged and held onto the argument he always used in those situations. “I was casted there. If the company had any objections, they wouldn't have given me a trainee offer.”

Perhaps he said those words with more bite than he intended because Shinjo scowled at him. A part of Euikyeol felt bad because it was him who had caused that expression, but it was overrun by the part of him that was frustrated. They had been to so many arguments already, couldn't Shinjo just drop that issue?

“Should we go to the movies another time?” offered Jiwoo, looking unsure between the two of them.

“Nah, it's fine. This week is the last one it's running and
I don't think I will have another day off from work.” Euikyeol smiled in the hope of making amends but Shinjo stared at him with a piercing gaze. He suspected that Shinjo had selected that movie because of him, fantasy and fairytale themes were his thing after all. But the business had priority.

“Fine.”
Shinjo grabbed onto Jiwoo's arm and linked it with his before picking up his backpack and walking out of the practice room. He didn't even spare him another glance. Jiwoo looked back with an apologetic smile but made no other sign of objection.

Euikyeol stared at the door after they had left. He felt like .
The whole week he had looked forward to finally spend a nice evening with his best friends but - of course - his plans had to be ruined once again. More then that, another fight with Shinjo on the topic of the clubs. Why couldn't they get along for once?

He run his hand through his hair in frustration and turned towards his belongings.
Then he reminded himself that he had to get changed quickly, the 30 minutes would barely be enough to arrive at the club.
 
 

Author's Note: Congratulations to Twiillaa and Noh Euikyeol! Credit of the MV goes to her, though I twisted some things so it would fit well into this story line.
And, may I present you: the 96-dance line! They have the strongest friendship you can currently encounter within the group.
Please take note that the last part plays in 2017, aka before any of them had been chosen for the line up.