04。

〈 NOX ﹔ the prophecy 〉 blockberry creative's first boy group。
                                                                                                           

                                                                          

                                                                                      Coming from talent to my debut /
                                                              I dream of the whole nation / I come out on live TV /
                                                                                             The Real Thing



 

The video begins with Cano standing on the edge of a building looking across it to another one across the way. The sky above him is blue but quickly fading into twilight. Wind is blowing up, making his white jacket billow and his hair sway. He looks down, the street below busy with cars. He takes a few steps back and runs towards the edge, leaping off. The jump is slowed and the scene shifts, showing different angles of the jump, before switching to Cano standing alone on the roof again, beginning his rap, the sky above him dark with stars.

The scene shifts to him walking down the dark street, still rapping as he walks along. The visible sky is dark, dusklit. Neon signs of various colors in arrows of differing styles seem to point him into a direction. He ignores most of them, instead pausing to follow one bright green one. He turns to look and to his surprise there's a figure at the end of a dark alley wearing a green jacket and hood. There's a brief closeup of a smirk, a bit of the bottom of the face, and he turns away, revelaing a gold embroidered dragonfly on the back of the jacket.

Scene shifts to Cano on the roof again, rapping directly to the camera and the audience, and the sky above him is blue. His jump is shown briefly again before it changes back.

Cano takes off after the figure who is now running from him. Down the alley and right through a dark green door. He emerges in a stairwell, and Cano looks up, seeing the figure in green above him peering at him before disappearing. Cano runs up the stairs, his ascent mingled with scenes of him being on the room, staring at a far roof, and more close up cuts of his leap from the previous scenes. While the stairs are dark, there are windows showing the outside world. The sky is seen as growing darker. At last, he makes it to the top of the stair and bursts through another green door.

He stumbles in to a white room. He is clearly perplexed with a close up on his face.  All around are vendors and their stands, but instead of being manned by people, it's people with animal mascot heads. One has musical instruments, another lots of food, another with books, and farther along are all sorts of others though they aren't focused on. There is one selling TVs, all showing images of a castle with a pink sky that hold his interest for a moment. Instead, the book vendor grabs him and forces him to sit in a chair, shoving a book into his hand. Another then grabs him, the music vendor, trying to put a recorder and clarinet in his hands. The food vendor then grabs him and shoves a bunch of candy on a plate at him. He looks almost overwhelmed, but has reached out for the candy when he notices the guy in green walking away from the crowd of mascots.

He's back on the roof, the sky over him has changed to a pink dusklight, and he smirks before uttering his rap line.

As soon as he finishes, Cano throws the plate of candy aside, and makes a run for it. He tears down the stalls as he goes by, attempting to slow down the mascots that are now coming after him. Useless baubles abound on the ground in his wake, among them noticeably: a facemask with a silly mouth, a paper chain, there's even a little porcelain doll with a broken leg.
Through another green door, back into a dark stairwell. Running up the stairs again. The camera angle changes, making it appear as if he's walking sideways, upside down, backwards, forwards. Within this network of stairs, he begins following neon arrows of varying colors, pointing him the right direction. More scenes of his slow motion leap from the roof intermingle here, along with him on the roof dancing and rapping. 

He finally emerges into a dark hall where at the end is a door alight, red with specks of a very dark blue. Suddenly lights come on of different colors over more people with mascot heads. They all reach out a hand to him, motioning to the red door. Two more figures emerge, one with an ox head and another a horse head. They beckon him and motion to the door, bowing their heads. The door begins to open but Cano stops when he sees another green door off to the side, also alight.

Back on the roof again, and Cano is running to leap across to the other building again. A close up of his legs shows the right one has one of the pant legs pulled up, brief images of a dragonfly wing like pattern glowing on it as he runs. The scene is back to the room, and he is running for the green door instead, stumbling as smaller, stuffed versions of the horse and ox grab onto his right leg. Cut shots of him rapping on the roof with the stars behind him, the sky lighting up to dawnlight, him leaping across the space between the buildings, his hand reaching to touch the green door all intermingle. The final image is a hand reaching out, grabbing his wrist, and the sleeve of the hand is green.

The scene changes suddenly, and Cano is standing from a kneeling position. He stands, the audience now realizing he is wearing a green jacket with a gold embroidered dragonfly on it's back. As he stands, he looks up to the sky, a pink/peach hue like one sees at dawn. We hear a door opening, and he turns to look over his shoulder at the camera, a smile beginning to form on his face. The MV ends.

 

"Cano is ready to hype you up with 'The Real Thing"
 
7.7.18

7th of July, 2018 Cano is ready to hype you up with 'The Real Thing' Today Blockberry Creative dropped the debut MV of the fourth member of it's new boygroup NOX. The new member has the stage name Cano and will be a lead dancer and lead rapper of the group. His debut single 'The Real Thing' is an uptempo track and shows off his impressive rapping.
Cano was born as Maki Shinjo in Fukuoka, Japan but moved to Seoul when he was young. He was born in 1996 and trained under the company for 2 years before making his debut. A representative of the company stated 'Please support Cano's debut and look forward to the rest of the members'.


[+530; -81] Guys, the weird stairs in the MV are actually from an M. C. Esher lithograph named 'reality'! That lithographs has three points of gravity. Could this be related to the three universe theory BBC was talking about? Also, I spotted Vana's powder blue, Inyoung's pink and Remus' lavender tone, do you think the other colours represented other members?
- This MV is the most fun so far!
 
[+529, -92] I like the song, it's so energetic. Shinjo's is definitely the most idol-like track so far. Also, the MV was so well produced.
 
[+455; -138] He has such a bright energy to him, I bet he'll be a moodmaker. Cano, I'll support you~
 
[+426; -472] Are we short of Korean trainees? First Produce and now this, I hate how the Japanese are trying to take over our music industry;;
 
[+371; -487] His Korean is good for a Japanese person
- Haven't you read the article, he actually grew up in Seoul
 
[+384; -259] I wonder what's on the other side of those doors. Anyways, so far the group has been exciting! Shinjo oppa fighting, NOX fighting~
 
[+276; -74] Seems like the rap line is very weak if someone like him qualifies for a lead rapper ㅋ ㅋ
 
[+251; -57] So he's basically chasing after his own self in the MV? Since the clothes he wears in the end are also green.
- Yes, he was chasing after himself
- I'm not sure, the person in the green jacket seemed to have a slightly different build
 
 

                                                                           
                                                                            
                                                                             


                
                                                                                                                                                    13th of June, 2018




Shinjo looked up to the apartment complex in front of him with a smile. The grey walls had seen better days and the few trees in front of it cast shadows over the windows and blocked the view, but the area was quiet and in the golden light of the afternoon sun it seemed inviting.
 

It wasn't fancy, but it would be his home now and the thought of that put a smile on his face.
 

“It's great!” he declared, underlining his words with a thumbs up towards his sister.
 

“I'm happy for you. Shingyu told me to take some pictures of the place, he was sulking when I told him he can't help us with moving you in.”
 

Shinjo grinned. That sounded like their younger half-brother. But Shingyu had an exam coming up  and Shinjo wouldn't let him neglect it just to carry suitcases and inspect his new home. It's not like his stepfather needed more reasons to be disappointed in him anyway.
 

While Hanae took out her phone to take some photos like Shingyu had asked, Shinjo heaved the two pieces of luggage out of her car and carried them to the front door.
 

“Let me help you with that,” she said and tried to wriggle one of the suitcases out of his hands but Shinjo gripped it tight. She'd been kind enough to offer him her car to move his things after he had declined his manager’s offer. He’d thought he could manage relocating his few possessions just fine on his own, but it turned out the NOX dorm wasn't as close to the trainee dorms as he’d initially expected, and he had better things to do on a sunny afternoon than using public transportation with two heavy suitcases in tow. Thankfully his sister had offered to fetch him, though he didn't like to rely on her help too much. She was an angel, honestly.
 

“Wait until I earn my own money, I swear I'll pay you back. For everything.
 

Hanae responded with a giggle. He didn't know what was so funny but there was no time to ask, just then they’d arrived at the front door. He unlocked it with the key his manager gave him and stepped into the hallway. The inside was clean and the elevator was functional as well. A relief, since the apartment was on the 4th floor and Shinjo was already working out enough with his dancing alone, thanks.
 

“Did y'all miss me?” he yelled as soon as he opened the apartment door and stepped inside. He slipped off his shoes and smiled once he heard quick footsteps approaching. It had been just a few weeks since the debuted members stopped training with the rest of the trainee body, but not having them around had left him with a weird feeling. Who knew that having three dance students less would make such a difference?
 

“Shinjo! Congratulations on being the fourth member!”
 

Seyoon was the first one to greet him and Shinjo pulled him into a bear hug.
 

“Don't be so formal all the time, hyung, “ he nagged as Seyoon affectionately patted his back.
 

Jojo-Hyung!
 

He felt something collide into him with full force. Then a bony arm wrap around his waist and when he turned his head he saw that Inyoung had joined the hug and was clinging onto him like a koala. How adorable.
 

“Leech,” Shinjo said fondly and jabbed his fingers into the younger's side, causing Inyoung to yelp and giggle. Inyoung escaped the tickle attack by hiding himself behind Seyoon, using him as a human shield. Shinjo felt slightly bad for their oldest hyung who was always suffering from their childish antics, but he didn't let that stop his attack. He leaned forward and tried to get a hold on Inyoung, and in the process Seyoon's small form got trapped between.
 

“I see, you're already close,” Hanae commented dryly. Oops. In his joy about the reunion Shinjo had almost forgotten about his sister. Seyoon, the leader he was, nervously ran his hand through his mussed up hair and tried to save face while making apologies and offering her tea.
 

Shinjo's eyes searched for the other occupant of the flat and found him leaning against a door frame, as if he wasn’t sure if he should join them or not. Cute, Shinjo thought, before he decided to attack.
 

“Banana!” he exclaimed heartily – how could he not? After all the Korean spelling of Hawon's stage name was Bana – before he threw himself at the member. Behind his back he could envision Hanae face-palming and Seyoon apologizing for his behaviour again.
 

“You’re seriously too much sometimes, hyung,” Hawon grumbled in reply before escaping from Shinjo’s grasp and crossing his arms in front of his chest. Shinjo decided to not bug him further, at least he managed to pinch his cheeks this time. He thought he heard his sister mutter something like ‘good luck with him in public’ to Seyoon but since there was no real bite behind her words, he took them mildly.
 

“Jojo-hyung, do you want to room with me and Seyoon-hyung? There are three beds in each of the rooms, so we still have a free one, ” Shinjo’s attention shifted towards a hopeful  Inyoung who was clinging to his arm again. Shinjo glanced up and exchanged a look with his sister; yes, this adorable fluff ball also reminded him of Shingyu.
 

Shinjo adored Inyoung and got along well with Seyoon – well, who didn't get along with Seyoon? - but there was something holding him back. He didn't want to let Inyoung down and he also didn't want Hawon to feel left out, but he reminded himself of all the scenarios he and his best friends had been coming up with together since ages ago, when none of the three debutants had joined their company yet. Sharing a room with them, pillow fights and blanket forts, despite being not sure about their chances of debuting, he wasn't ready to give that up just yet.
 

“Nah, I'll just take the empty one”, he said lightly and ruffled Inyoung’s hair, hoping that the younger one wouldn’t be too disappointed. His eyes met Hanae's again and she sent him a pointed look. He was sure that she was jumping to conclusions but he didn't want to correct her non-verbal assumption, so he just rolled his eyes in reply.
 

He then moved his belongings into the still unoccupied room and settled in with the help of his sister and Seyoon and Inyoung. Afterwards he invited her to drink some tea with them but she declined, mentioning that she was busy and wanted to give them some space. When she was gone, he collapsed on his bed, looking up at the ceiling. Man, he couldn’t believe that two years of effort and a dropped degree would finally pay themselves off.

 
 

Author's Note: Congratulations to kattirompa and Maki Shinjo! Credit of the MV goes to her.
Sorry for the silence the past days, I'm busier than before but I'll try to update at shorter intervals. Maybe tomorrow I'll upload a small profile, so it's easier to keep track of the group members.