06。

〈 NOX ﹔ the prophecy 〉 blockberry creative's first boy group。

  

                                                                          
The universe has moved for us
Without missing a single thing
Our happiness was meant to be
Cuz you love me, and I love you


 

 

The video starts showing planet earth, slowly zooming onto it until you see sion's eye, following by a glass of water and lastly, it shows sion in a room, a living room by the looks of it, the image only using the colors blue and yellow as he faces to the left. once again it starts to zoom, this time onto sion's figure at the same time he starts to directly face the camera.

 a solo shot of sion follows, plain and simple as he leans onto the wall behind him. then, shows sion on a bed, covering himself with the white blankets as if he was hiding. the shoot keeps changing, this time coming back to the solo shot, sion now looking upwards before it changes again, this time showing him in the same living room, supporting his arms using his knees as he watches something that appears to be a toy, circles which appear planets moving along with the “toy,” the shot's color is blue. lastly, it changes to a shot of sion's face, which is now looking downwards.

a shot of sion on what seems to be the bed from before, now he appears to be under the blankets as the background is pure white, this time sion is facing the camera. the shot changes, now the shot is once again blue, this time showing a cactus who's the only thing not blue –it's yellow, sion seems to be trying to touch it. before he can, the shot changes again and it's, once again, the same one under the blanket, with the difference that this time it shows sion looking at something, not the camera, as he seems to be using the blanket to cover himself.

 that shot last for a few seconds before it's a similar one, sion is still under the blanket but now he's facing the camera, laying his head on the bed as the camera zooms on his face. the image changes and we're back to the cactus, sion is almost reaching it before the image changes again, now showing his feets as they hide under the white blankets.

the frame changes again to the blue and white living room, sion seems to have touched the cactus and is now retracting his finger to look at it, the image only focusing on the cactus hence, sion's figure is blurry. the shot changes and we get a solo shot, sion facing upwards as he seems to be hugging his knees. that shot last for a few seconds before the camera pans back to the blue and yellow shot, now sion showing his finger which has a drop of blood on it, the blood showing it's dark red color.

 the camera zooms onto the blood on sion's finger, until it shows him floating in space and he appears to be drifting away, while what seems to be nebulas start to appear as he fades. the camera zooms out and once again we see sion's eye, blinking.

 as he blinks, sion sits up on a bed, looking at a giant window on the ceiling, the room is full white and the only colours are sion's yellow blanket and the blue that comes from the window. the shot changes and shows the view from the window, and sion facing up towards it. later, it shows sion on the blue apartment, playing with a yellow ball and not facing the camera.

 the shots start to change, a solo shot followed by the yellow ball which sion just moved with a finger, to another solo shot of sion facing right, to an eclipse. followed by a shot of sion on the white room and bed, looking at a giant yellow ball which was in the exact place of the eclipse from the last shot. sion faces the camera as he hides himself with the yellow blanket, flashing a smile before disappearing.

 now sion is in a room facing towards a wall that is missing which shows the ocean, along with clouds. a solo shot which is followed by sion lifting the yellow blanket, the place is a dark blue colour and he seems in awe, later it shows a telescope and a sky filled with stars. Sion is giving his back to the camera as he looks up at the sky. once again, the shot of the eclipse shows.

 sion is now sitting at the edge of what could be a roof, the starry sky in the background as he gazes at a big, blue, moon. soon changing to another solo shot of sion, smiling at himself before facing the camera, the smile dissapears.

 back to the apartment shot, sion is now sitting on the window, an elk can be seen on the other side of the window before the video shows him hugging it, appearing to be deep in thought. the shot changes at sion is once again at the edge of the “roof” but now, he's giving his back towards the edge. a solo shot shows before the image goes back to the roof, sion now falling towards the abyss as the camera shows him reaching out.

the video starts to show the apartment, objects shaking followed by sion's fall before showing sion in said apartment sitting on the couch as everything falls, moves and trembles, yet he looks around with a smile on his face. the sea shows.

 we see sion floating up, apparently looking from a telescope, we later see his face and his eye, the eye looking through the telescope before showing sion using it. the image changes and sion is now in the wall-less room, letting go of a balloon.

 everything is shaking as we get a shoot of sion's face, the image is blue as he slowly smiles to the camera. the shoot changes to sion begin covered by a curtain followed by the eclipse which is now passing.

 sion is now sitting in the white room, alone and slowly, the room starts the illuminate. the music video ends with a shot of sion's face, looking at the camera and slowly, he smiles.

 

Blockberry Entertainment Unveils Main Dancer of NOX

9.9.18


The company added the profile of new member Sion to the NOX roster on their official company website. At the same time, Sion's debut MV, Serendipity, was released on Youtube. It showcases his boyish charms and alluring vocals.

Sion was born as Chu Jiwoo on the 3rd of August 1996 in Busan. He is enrolled in the dance department of the Busan University of Arts and will be the main dancer and a lead vocalist of the upcoming boygroup.

In related news, Blockberry Creative's girl group, Loona, had just made their debut three weeks ago.


[+421; - 71] You got to admit that BBC is very meticulous at choosing their title tracks. Serendipity is such a good song!

[+392; - 92] He is really cute! I can't wait for NOX debut.

[+367; - 98] Anyways, Stan Loona.

[+337; - 34] The song has such a melancholic feeling. When Sion-nim looked at the sky his gaze was so sad and it really made me feel sad, too

[+237; - 63]  Similar to Dal, there is a lot of emphasis on the colour blue. Could that maybe be a symbolism for loneliness?
- Also, his curiosity about the cactus which he touched just to get hurt, it seems like some of the MVs have similar storylines
- Agree, it seems like Sion-sshi is searching for something

[+232; -11] I actually know him from back when he lived in Busan. He was a very talented dancer and went to lots of competitions during his high school days. Jiwoo-ssi was someone who smiled brightly and his mom always accompanied him to the contests, he and his family gave me a good impression

[+209; -121] A main dancer that doesn't have one single dancing scene in all of his MV Are they too scared that his dancing won't live up to our expectations?
 

 
 


                                                                           
                                                                            
                                                                             


                
                                                                                                                                  5th of August, 2018


 

„It's still lacking. Technically, it's alright but there are not enough feelings, intimacy, a spark for this type of song.“

Jihan's voice sounded frustrated. Jiwoo picked it up through the headphones he was wearing, and when the younger glanced through the glass panel which separated the recording booth from the control room, he could see the producer frowning at his music equipment. They were a good two hours in and still hadn't gotten a decent take. Over that time, Jihan's frown had deepened, and Jiwoo felt his heart plummeting with each rewind of the backing track.

Jiwoo gulped. His mouth felt dry like sandpaper but he didn't really dare to ask for a glass of water, not when he was the reason their recording session had taken such a downturn.

He had followed every tip on the internet that he could find and went into this task with a few dozen annotations on his lyric sheet. He had looked forward to it since it was Jihan who would produce his song, his friend and sometimes kissing partner who had mentioned he wanted to produce for him ages ago. When he woke up he had been giddy at the prospects of the day. Now he would do anything to be somewhere else.

„I could try it again,“ he offers softly. He was honestly not sure if he should say anything at all, he hadn't felt that kind of emotional distance between them in a long while.

Jihan stared at him for a long moment, considering, before he shook his head.

„What do you think about while you're recording?“ he asked instead, gaze locked onto him.

„I..uhm, I guess I just do my best to sound as good as possible.“

But apparently his best wasn't enough. Jiwoo's head was a mess, his mental notes on air support and resonation and diction blended with his anxiety and his disappointment at himself into a stabbing headache. The chance of debuting meant so much to him but he was still falling short on such a critical assignment.

To Jiwoo, singing was different than dancing. It was not his grand passion, more a task tied to his future profession which he still hadn't mastered well enough. Though he knew he couldn't use this as an excuse for mediocre performances, especially not when he disappointed everyone; Jihan who was watching him with a frown on his face, the composer who probably envisioned a better singer for his track, the listeners who looked forward to his debut, his family...

Part of Jiwoo wanted to tell Jihan that it would be alright if the producer let someone else record that song if he couldn't get any good take. The final result mattered more than any of Jiwoo's feelings. But he doubted this was what the producer wanted to hear.

„I-“, Jihan started, then hesitated for a while, his lips. It was enough to break off Jiwoo's train of thoughts from spiralling even further down the rabbit hole. He took a deep breath and waited for the other to continue.

„I saw you dance, the impression you gave was...notable. I'm not an expert on dancing but I think that not anyone can express emotions the way you do. Just... just try singing the way you dance. Stop overthinking and just focus the emotions, yeah?“

“Yeah,” Jiwoo answered, his voice a tiny hint breathless. He hoped Jihan didn't notice; it was just that his hyung rarely offered compliments and to hear that kind of assertion from him made him irrationally happy for some reason. The corners of his mouth wanted to lift up into a smile but he schooled his expression into a professional neutrality. Then he looked at Jihan and gave him a nod.

The producer initiated a new recording and the first notes from Serendipity played through his headphones. Jiwoo tried to shut out all the performance anxiety and the technical rules that popped up in his mind and focused on the tender feelings that fit the song.

It was difficult singing a song about love in an emotional way without having a specific person in mind.

Especially when a face constantly reappeared in front of his inner eye, making his heartbeat speed up and his face flush. It was even worse that the person that face belonged to was currently watching him through the glass panel, he could almost feel the prickling gaze on his skin. If he'd opened his eyes, Jiwoo would have probably caught him staring at him, brows furrowed and biting his lips.

In his previous attempts he had tried to tune out that face, thinking consciously about the technical aspects more but the results had been disappointing. Now he was allowing those emotions in, pouring all the hidden affection into his singing, even though it felt weird, vulnerable.



                                                                      Cause you love me
                                                                         And I love you



Jiwoo's breath hitched as he stumbled over those words. He felt his blush deepen. It just felt weirdly intimate, his chest felt constricting. A part of his brain told him it was weird, and he didn't even like Jihan that much. In spite of that, he continued singing, didn't dare to stop the odd kind of trance he was caught up in.

When the last chords of the instrumental faded, he opened his eyes again slowly. Jihan was staring at him intently, not unlike the way he imagined. Jiwoo stared back and for a few seconds they seemed frozen in time, lost in their own world.

Jiwoo was the first one to look away, he nervously readjusted his earphones and mussed his hands through his blonde hair.

„Finally. Why not like that from the beginning?“ Jihan said with a smile.

Jiwoo let out an audible breath and by the heat in his face he was sure that his blush had deepened further.

„Let's record it like that a few more times.“


 
 

Author's Note: Congratulations to goodgiorno and Chu Jiwoo! Credit of the MV goes to them.
About the length of the reveals - I actually planned that they wouldn't be longer than one page  of a word document but apparently I'm bad at estimation. I just write down the scenario I have in mind and sometimes they end up longer than that.