Chapter 7

Sudden Proposal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7

 

Suji sat pensively in front of the mirror. She looked down at her clasping  hands in her lap. For a moment she let go of her hands and her eyes fixed on her shaking palm. Breathing deeply, she put her hands together, hoping it would lessen her nerves.

She looked up at the mirror and a girl in a white wedding dress stared back at her. Hesitation appeared on the girl's eyes, 'Suji-ya .. do you really want this?'

"Do you need anything?" Victoria said as she put the veil on.

Suji sighed and shook her head, "No. Thank you."

"Are you nervous?" Victoria asked. Suji looked up and stared into Victoria's eyes in the mirror. She nodded as she bit her lip. Victoria smiled and joked, "Don't be! It'll take away your beauty."

Suji smiled back, "Thanks Unnie."  They had met for several times and Suji likes her. It's so much esay to deal with her than her boss.

"No problem dear. Could you please stand up?" Victoria waited for Suji to stand up and helped her with the dress. "To make you more relaxed I'll let you know that your soon-to-be husband looks so handsome today. It's not that he's not handsome on another day, but he's so godly handsome today. Too bad he's taken."

Suji laughed at that, "Just wait 'till he's open his mouth."

Victoria smirked, "Why? Is he a good kisser?"

Suji widened her eyes, "No! I never said that." She looked down to hide her blush.

Victoria lifted an eyebrow, "Why so shy?" She smirked and gave a sly look, "Are you by any chance still a ?"

Suji's jaw dropped as she stared at Victoria's smug face. Victoria exploded with laughter while looking back at her, "Why are you so cute?"

Mrs. Oh called out as she opened the door, "Suji-ya .. you look so beautiful." She got near to Suji and smiled as she watched her up and down. She glanced at Elizabeth who followed in her back, "I love the dress El."

"You have to," Miss Elizabeth said conceitedly.

She greeted Victoria, "Hello Vicky. It's been a long time since I met you."

Victoria smiled back at her and glanced at Suji, "Neh. Your daughter in law is so cute Mrs. Oh." While Elizabeth tidied up the veil, Suji narrowed her eyes at Victoria who laughed at her.

Mrs. Oh smiled at Suji, "Yes she is. You're so beautiful dear. Sehun will be shocked to see you."

Suji smiled wryly, "Err-- thanks Mrs. Oh."

Mrs Oh frowned, "No! From now on there's no more Mrs. Oh between us. Call me Eommonim or Omma."

Suji opened to argue, but the deepening frown on Mrs. Oh's face made her stop, "Okay." Suji smiled as Mrs. Oh put her ear closer, "Okay Eommonim."

"That's better," Mrs. Oh smiled broadly.

 

*

 

Sehun stared boredly at Yeri who stood in front of him without saying a thing since a minute ago, "What do you want Yeri?"

Yeri puffed up her cheeks and snorted, "I still don't understand what you see in her."

Sehun smirked, "She has a nice body."

"What the hell!" Yeri gaped.  "I can't believe I'm hearing this," Yeri looked at him in disgust and left.

He said it just to irk her. He chuckled at the curse she uttered while his eyes followed her who approached Krystal. His chuckle disappeared as he stared at Krystal.

 

~ flashback ~

"You won't believe it when you see him," Krystal rested her cheek on the table, glaring at the bottle of wine in front of her. "Why does he have to be an ?" she snapped and tried to pour the wine into her glass.

Sehun who seated in front of her, grabbed the bottle from her hand, "That's enough."

Krystal pouted and glared at Sehun, "Do you want to dispute me too?"

"You're drunk. I'll take you home," Sehun stood up and pulled her arms.

"I'm not drunk," Krystal shook her head as she watched the dancing people in the club. She laughed and her feet stepped to the crowd.

Sehun held her back, "Let's get you home."

 

*

 

Krystal tottered beside the car. She bumped her head on his shoulder. Sehun glanced at her and hugged her waist as he opened the door, "Come in." Sehun helped her so she would not hit her head.

Sehun shook his head and encircled the car. He opened the door and sat behind the wheel. He looked at Krystal who frowned as she tried to wear her seat belt. He sighed and took the seat belt in her hands.

Krystal stared at him in half lid and whispered, "Why are you so nice to me?" Sehun paused and looked up when their face was only a few inches away. "Every girl will be so lucky to have you," she mumbled.

Sehun stared at those brown eyes that always drew him. Carefully he her cheek with his thumb. His gaze fell on her lips which was not too far from his thumb before he kissed them. It's just a soft peck yet he felt his heart will stop instantly because it was beating too fast. When he heard her gasp, he moved back and looked away, "Sorry."

Krystal was startled as she looked at Sehun who was trying to turn on the engine. She bit her lip and she looked away.

Sehun glanced at Krystal in guilt, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't get carried away."

"Let's say it never happened," she said as she stared out the window.

~ end of flashback ~

 

*

 

"Yo man! I thought  I'll get married first but it turns out you're ahead of me," Jongin tapped Sehun's shoulder and brook Sehun out of his reverie. Jongin dressed in a brown suit with a matching shirt ties.

"You're alone?" Sehun regretted as he blurted it since he knew the answer.

"I was with Krystal. She was chatting with Yeri there," Jongin pointed at the two women who were laughing not far from them. Yeri dressed in beautiful soft-pink colored dress while Krystal looked elegant in a mocca colored dress.

Jongin looked around, "Is your soon-to-be wife still inside?"

"I think so," Sehun said.

"I still can't believe you're getting married. You don't even show any signs that you're interested in women," Jongin chuckled.

Sehun raised his eyebrow, "Well .. I'm not you."

Jongin laughed, "Aren't you nervous?"

"No," Sehun answered as he looked at his watch.

 

*

 

"Sehun-ah," Chairman Lee called Sehun. Jongin had left him alone some times ago.

Sehun turned around and bent 90 degrees. "Chairman Lee .. I'm sorry to bother you that the ceremony is held here."

Chairman Lee smiled, "I like it more in here. My little Suji looks more alive when she lives here." For a moment they fell silent before Chairman Lee sighed. "Please forgive this selfish old man. Thank you so much Sehun-ah," he said with a bow.

Sehun was taken back for a moment and held Chairman Lee, "Please don't. It's my choise."

 

*

 

~ Suji's pov ~

I puffed my cheeks while looking at my face in the mirror. On different occasions I would love to use this wedding dress and marry someone I like. But ...

I stared at the glass wall that was on my left. While clutching the dress, I walked over to the wall and paused to enjoy the skyline of the city. I don't know what floor I'm on but the view is nice here. The ceremony is held in Capital Hotel. Since it's private Sehun said it'll be easier to maintain if we hold it here.

"Suji-ya."

I turned and met Grandpa's smiling face, "Grandpa." I walked quickly to him.

"Hey, slow down. I don't want you to ruin your makeup and dress," Grandpa chuckled.

I smiled at him, "I miss you Grandpa."

He smiled back, "Come here and let me hug you for the last time before you become someone's wife." I frowned at him but my legs walked into his arms. I came to my comfort as I hugged him. It has always been my shelter. It always gives me strenght, parent's hugs that I never have.

"Come on. Sehun must have been waiting for you," he said.

 

*

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter