Chapter 3

Sudden Proposal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

 

at Oh family's recidence

Sehun and Suji arrived at Oh family's residence 10 minutes ago. Right now they were talking in the living room. It's her first time that she came to their house in Seoul. Usually she met them in Busan. When she was little she thought that Mr. Oh was Grandpa's friend, but later she knew that the man was also her Grandpa's lawyer. 

Sehun was talking to his father about the progress of the project he was working on. As she half listened to them, she looked around the living room. It was a modern white living room with a chandelier as its decoration. Sehun and his father sat on a long L-shaped white sofa, with striped brown throw pillow beside them. She was sitting on the single couch with the same coloring just to their right, and she could see a brown carpet under the couches.

Behind Sehun and his father, family pictures were hung on the wall. There were the face of Sehun, his parents and the face of a girl she didn't knew. But somehow she felt that she had met her somewhere.

"It's Yeri-ya," Mrs. Oh came and sat on the same couch that her husband occupied.

"Ne?!" Suji asked with a frown marring her forehead.

"That girl who was next to me on the picture, she's our youngest," Mrs. Oh answered while pointing at the picture behind her husband. She continued, "She used to stay with my mother that's why you never had a chance to meet her in Busan."

"I see," Suji nodded while thinking. She felt that the girls's face was kind of familiar.

"Anyway we've talked to your grandfather dear. You're getting married in May," Mrs. Oh squealed.

"WHAT?!" Suji asked half shouting.

"I heard Sehun has proposed to you. I have no problem with you guys getting married at young age. I myself married at 17. So I think the sooner the better," Mrs. Oh continued her own narration. While the girl beside her only responded with jaw dropping.

"And of course we don't want to worry your grandfather, so you have to stay with us soon," Mrs. Oh said joyfully.

"Wait a minute!! I'm so sorry Mrs. Oh, but I swear there is nothing between us. We're not even dating. That night-- it's just joking. Yeah .. we're just joking," Suji tried to convince Mrs. Oh, but she herself was not sure with her own choise of words.

"I don't think that you guys kissing around only for a joke," Mrs. Oh lifted her right eyebrow while glanced mockingly at Sehun and Suji.

'Gahh!! It's so embarrassing' Suji mentally smacked herself for agreeing to come here. She should have known what's coming.

"Suji-ya .. we had talked to Chairman Lee. He's just as happy as us. You don't have to worry. My wife will take care of it," Mr. Oh smiled while joining the conversation.

"It feels like yesterday that the little you followed Sehun around. Chairman Lee even joked that you were obsessed with our Sehun-ie. Aigoo .. you two were so cute. I 'm glad that Sehun replied your feelings," Mrs. Oh squeled giddyly as she remembered the childhood of Sehun and Suji.

'Could it be more embarrasing?' Suji wanted to pull her hair in frustation. With a flushed face, she looked at Sehun for help, but he just crossed his legs so regally and smirked. Making her want to pull his hair instead of her hair to release her frustation.

Bring!! Bring!!

Suji felt the vibration in her bag. After checking her phone, she asked permission to leave for a while.

 

*

 

"Yoboseyo ~~" she said, looking at his grandfather's smiling face on the screen.

"How is my granddaughter doing?" Chairman Lee asked.

"So - so, how about you Grandpa?" she said wanly.

"So - so," he cuckled when he saw Suji frowned. "I'm  more healthy since you leave me here all alone," he countinued while laughing. Suji grinned at his grandfather's laugh.

"But I feel at ease because Sehun will take care of you there," Chairman Lee said, making Suji's smile disappeared. "He was with me when I went back to Busan. He said that he wants to marry you. Suji-ya, I'm glad that your childhood dream will come true. Mrs. Oh will arrange everything so you don't have to worry," he laughed.

"What are you talking about Grandpa?" Suji asked in a serious tone.

"Of course your marriage," replied his grandfather excitedly.

"Who's gonna get married? I'm too young for marriage," Suji frowned.

"You're old enough to marry," he replied.

"I'm only 17 for God's sake, Grandpa. And I'm still in school!" She argued.

"Your grandmother got married when she was 15 years old."

"That was decades ago, of course it's different now," Suji raised her voice. 'At this rate I'm going to get a headache. I haven't eaten yet I feel like I'm going to throw up,' she thought.

Chairman Lee sighed before continuing, "Marriage won't get in your way child, you still can go to school, having college or working. Beside it's your last year in high school. And I do not mind if I have great-grandchildrens too now."

"Grandpa!!" Suji shrieked.

"Well .. if you feel the responsibility is too big, I can wait for my great-grandson until you graduate school," he continued.

"That's enough! You make me dizzy Grandpa," Suji scowled. Her left hand began to massage her head.

Tn. Lee laughed heartily at Suji's face, "Please smile more. I just want you to be happy,"

"Actually I want to say 'I love you', but I take it back 'cause you gave me a bad headache,"

Mr. Lee laughed and hung up the phone, "I love you too child."

 

~ Suji's pov ~

Talking to him makes me missed him. He's not only a grandfather, but he's also a parent and a friend to me. To be honest I'm glad to see Grandpa laughed like that, but why do it feels like he's laughing over my misery.

When I put my phone into my bag, I saw a garden near of the terrace where I stood. I headed towards the swing in the middle of the garden. But when I think about it, maybe some other time. Dinner will begin soon. Then again on my second thought, I'll avoid second dinner at any cost. Once already gave me heart attack.

As I turned around I saw Sehun leaning against the door. We stared at each other in silent. I waited for him to leave but he didn't move at all. Ugh!! It's really awkward.

I cleared my throat, "Is there something you want to talk about?"

"No," he replied simply. He turned toward the house as I remembered something, "Grandpa told me that you're with him in Busan. Is that true?"

"Ne. I just came back this morning," he turned around to reply. It made sense that he looked tired today.

"You didn't tell me anything about marriage."

"I've told you, but looks like you were enjoying your first kiss too much that you didn't listen," he mocked and went into the house. Gaaahhh!!! He stirred my fury again, just when my blood started to calm down. I clutched my hands in front of me, imagining I was using them to strangle him.

After many long sighs, I went back into the house and Mrs. Oh took me to the dining room. Her husband already sat at the head of the table. She sat on his right and Sehun to his left. "Suji-ya .. come and sit next to Sehun dear," Mrs. Oh said.

As I pulled up the chair, the girl in front of me looked up. She's the girl in the picture, Sehun's little sister. She looked beautiful with her shoulder-length brown hair. "Annyeong haseyo I'm Lee Suji," I greeted her. I waited and still waiting, but moment passed and she's still quite. I sighed, 'It must be in their blood.'

"Aigoo!! I just remembered that you guys are schoolmate. It's such a good thing. You can go to school together later."

"I don't want too," Yeri said curtly.

"Yeri-ya .. don't talk like that," Mrs. Oh said.

'Schoolmate?!'

 

 

The dinner was over. Mrs. Oh is really a great cook and I love her beef bourguignon with celeriac mash - that's what she told me. I learned that she liked to cook, but because she's been living in Busan only with her husband, she couldn't cook as much dishes that she wants to.

I sat next to Mrs. Oh when we were talking in the living room. Ugh!! It felt so uncomfortable, because that girl who sat across me kept sending glares since dinner. I just found out that we're really schoolmate but she's from class 3A.

"Sehun .. take Suji to meet Elizabeth on Monday. She's overseas right now but I've told her that you will be there at 6," Mrs. Oh suddenly said.

"Excuse me, but who is Elizabeth?" I asked.

"She is my cousin, she's also a great designer," she replied without looking at me. "Yeobo .. Chairman Lee's birthday is on May 20th, right?" she asked her husband.

Without waiting for an answe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter