Chapter 1

Sudden Proposal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

 

In the middle of the jammed road of Seoul tonight, the sound of car horns raced with the police sirens. A girl came out of a taxi and run through a traffic jam. Occasionally her eyes glanced at her watch on her left hand. 'The taxi driver ahjussi said the hotel is one km away . Ahh !! Off all the time, why should I overslept today,' the girl thought irritably.

2 hours ago, she was busy flicking through books at the bookstore near her flat. After finding a book she found interesting, she decided to look for an empty bench. But .. maybe this business book was too much for her, at the end she fell asleep. Her left cheek was attached to one of the pages that read Page 6.

'If I recall I just finished reading the introduction. Do I have no business talent or is it just so boring ?! Aigoo .. maybe I was just shocked that I used to read manga,' she said to herself.

BAM!!!

"Mianhe~" she bowed briefly to the woman she had just run into. Without waiting for an answer, she ran again to Capital Hotel. There was a yelling voice from behind but she didn't turn around.

Bringg !! Bringg !!

'Just shut up please!'

Bringg !! Bringg !! Bringg !!

'Uuughh !!! Why so persistant !!'

Feeling annoyed, she opened her phone. Her grandfather's face graced the screen. The face on the screen smiled but for some reason the smile looked scary right now. As she continued to run she answered the call. "Yo-"

"You're late."

"I'm on the way Grandpa."

"I told you to be here at 7 pm young lady. And you know how much I hate people who are coming late," the man said firmly.

"I'm not just some people," the girl muttered.

"What?"

"10. I'll be there in 10 mins. I'm close," the girl replied. 'I'm close to die, either from tired of running or killed by you,' she continued to herself.

She hung up the phone. She could imagine her grandfather stared his phone in total disbelief. She knew her grandfather didn't like it when someone cut off his call. 'Won't change anything. He will still scold me.'

 

*

 

at Capital Hotel

~ Suji's Pov ~

After asking the hotel staff where the table that had been booked on behalf of Mr. Lee Soonjae - my grandfather's name, one of them took me there. People looked at me strangely, but I don't have the energy to confront them. I'm soo tired. I'm mentally crying.

Actually Grandpa really loves me. At least that's how I feel. I don't know what he needs in Seoul, but I think it must be related to his work. Or maybe he missed me after I moved from Busan 2 weeks ago.

We promised to have dinner tonight. At first I wanted to invite Grandpa to dine at my flat. But Grandpa decided that we will meet at Capital Hotel. If only Grandpa knew my efforts to get here. It was not my fault that there was a hit-and-run accident nearby. That's what I heard in the middle of running.

Aaaahh !!! I am soo tired!!! As soon as I saw Grandpa's face who was sipping something from his cup - I'm sure it was coffee, I half ran over to him, "I'm sorry I'm late." I leaned forward with my hands resting on my knees. I'm really tired. I think I want to lay on the floor. But I try to forgot about that, 'coz that would add to my sins in Grandpa's eyes.

I opened my mouth to give a better air supply. I don't care if I looked like a fish that's out of breath. In fact, I was out of breath. I want to faint!!

"Suji-ya ~" I felt like hearing a woman's voice. Was it due to lack of oxygen that I was hearing things? I lifted my head and glanced at the voice.

OH SH*TT!!! I'm sorry Mrs. Oh, I didn't mean to curse you. But I cursed myself. Why do I have to be here!!!!!

Wait!!! No!!

This is my dinner with Grandpa so supposedly he is the one who shouldn't be here!!

"An hour. You're late for an hour," Grandpa said curtly.

Ouch!!! Do you know what it feels when you fall down but there's still someone who stomps on you. Unfortunately Grandpa was the one who stepped on my back so I couldn't get back.

"Luckily, there are Oh family who accompanied me here. Otherwise I'll just leave you."

"Sit here dear. You look awful," said Mrs. Oh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter