Chapter 6

Sudden Proposal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6

 

~ Suji's pov ~

Mid week has arrived. Jane is ill, so she couldn't come to school. I felt kind of lonely today. I'm not close to the other students so I feel odd to be in this class on my own. After calling Jane, I put my phone down on the table. While holding up my chin on my right hand, I stared at the window. Most of the students had left the class at break time. Some spoke loudly in the hallway while some of them run and joked around.

"Where's Jane? I didn't see her today," Taehyung came to my surprise.

"She's sick. You don't know?" I glanced at him.

Taehyung frowned and said softly, "Jongkook doesn't say anything."

"I guess being my tour guide is quite tiring," I tidied up the books. "But she's resting now."

"I hope so," he nodded.

Bring. Bring. Bring.

The vibrating phone distracted me. Taehyung glanced at my phone before leaving, "Ciao!"

I glanced at him while waving my left hand. The ringing had stopped. I saw a new number that I didn't know, which had called me for a few days. I bit my lip while thinking about some people who may know my number, "Is it Grandpa's new number?"

 

*

 

at Suji's flat

I arrived at my flat 10 minutes ago. After throwing the bag to the couch, I played the song on my playlist. I was humming while walking to the kitchen and picking up the melon juice in the refrigerator that I made this morning. With melon juice in hand, I walked to my room.

Bring. Bring. Bring.

I was ing my shirt when the phone rang. I paused and stared at my bag, where my phone was hiding. While sipping the juice, I picked up the phone and saw the same number that had been calling me appeared on the screen. Arguing with myself, I answered the call hesitantly, "Yo--"

"Where have you been?!" someone cut in. I kept the phone away from my ears while frowning. "Yoboseyo .. yoboseyo .. Lee Suji!! I'll kill you if you hang up," the voice snapped.

"Grandpa?!" I asked softly. I heard a snorting voice of this man.

"Where are you?" he asked.

"I'm sorry but who are you Mr. Rude?" I sighed while trying to calm myself.

"Let's just say that I'm your first love," he said flatly.

I frowned while thinking, "Sehun?"

"Where are you?" he asked again.

"I'm home. Why?! Are you really Sehun?" Still frowning, I sat on the armrest of the couch and put the juice on the table.

"Why did you never answer my call?"

I bited my lips and paused. It's so weird to talk to him on the phone. Is it because I haven't seen him in a while? "It's not like I know it's your number," I reasoned. The sound of doorbell startled me. "How do you get my number?" I asked while staring at the door. The non-stop bell kond of annoyed me.

"Where were you at Sunday night?" Sehun said.

"Sunday night?!" I paused to remember, "Oh I went out with my friends. Heyy!! What's with all the question when you ignore mine?" I frowned as I headed for the door.

I prepared all kinds of insults that I'd like to say to the person who played a prank on my door. It's not like I'm expecting a guest. And only a few people know I lived here. I'm sure Grandpa is in Busan or he will call me if he makes a visit to Seoul. And the one I'm talking with right now is in Singapore. I scowled as I slammed the door open, "What the--"

Holding the phone on my left hand, I gawked at Sehun who was standing in front of my door. He stared at me in his in-famous bored face and lowered his eyes. He whistled in sudden. As I looked down I was stunned. I clutched the front of my shirt and glanced at him fearfully to met his eyes. "Nice one," he smirked.

In reddening face I slammed the door close with all my might and locked it. I banged my head against the door because of my idiocy. Oh my God!! What kind of sins that I commited to get this embarrassment?!!

Bring. Bring. Bring.

I glared at the ringing phone on my left hand. I wondered why this stupid phone is still here. I should have throw it to wipe off his y smirk. Not to mention he looked so hugable in a blue shirt with a black suit today. Gahh!! What am I thinking?! I must be hallucinating because of the hunger. I slapped my right cheek to wake me up. Ouch!! But that hurts. "What do you want?" I asked sourly as I my cheek.

"Put your clothes on properly and open the door before I break in," he said.

"Just go home. I'm not in the mood to talk to you," I sulked.

I heard the doorbell rang. "Open the damn door now before those woman put their hands on me," he hissed.

"They can have you for all I care," I pouted and hung up the call. I turned offthe phone and threw it to the couch. I scowled at the door before went to my room to pick up a white T-shirt and a grey sweat pants. After changing my uniform I came out of my room and rested on the couch. I the TV and tried to ignore the noices at the door.

I laid my head on the armrest and threw my foot onto the other side. I changed the channel randomly, yet how can I concentrate with the persistence of the bell? I'm surprised there has been no complaint from my neighbors. I listened as the bell stopped and glanced at the door, "Has he gone?"

I bit my lip as I tiptoed to the door. I put my ear on the door, trying to overhear the conversation outside. It looked like he's gone. I unlocked the door very-very slowly, and opened it slightly. So it's only my left eye that was visible from the outside.

I didn't see anyone, but I heard a woman's voice. Ah! there's another woman's voice too. I opened the door wider to peek. There!! I saw Sehun talked to some women. Well .. more like they did all the talkings when the jerk was just standing there. I knew some of their faces. Sometimes I passed them in the hallway but I don't know their names.

"It's tiring to stand here," the lady in red dress gave flirty smiles.

"Yess .. why don't we wait at our place?" the lady in black dress winked as she crossed her arms. I'm sure she tried to show off her chest with the way her puffed it out.

"I'll wait here," Sehun turned but the lady in white dress held his arm.

"I don't know what you saw in that little girl," she bited her lips as she Sehun's left arm. "She's just a kid, no offence but she's so plain. We can give you more of ehat you need than that little girl."

"Of course! I don't take the offence but the insult is taken," I muttered. Sehun looked around and narrowed his eyes when we met. I covered my surprise in a silly laugh.

"What are you doing here? I don't know that you're coming," I smiled as I looked at the woman who let go of Sehun's arm in an annoyed face.

Sehun scoffed, "You didn't know? After I called you?"

"Err - my battery is low so I don't know you've arrived," I shrugged.

"Whatever," Sehun said while walking over to me. I widened my eyes as he stood in front of me. But I'm even more surprised when he shortened the distance between us and he kissed me. The jerk just kissed me. I was still stunned when he pulled away. He glanced at the shocked women behind, "Sorry I want to have some times alone with my fiancee. Come on babe," he passed me and went into the living room.

Since Sehun was inside, the women's attention was on me. Or more like I got a rain of glares. I don't want to have trouble with them, so I just left them. After all I'll meet them again during my stay here.

 

*

 

"Why did you kiss me?" I scowled.

"It's just a peck," he leaned back on the couch.

"It's a kiss or a peck for you, but sti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter