i. she

The Renaissance of A Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

i. she

 

[  beethoven —  moonlight sonata  ]

 

 

CHAEYOUNG.

The upper west side of Manhattan suspended into the vivacious lights that awoke the chilling frail night of New York City. After going through a busy afternoon rehearsal in the Lincoln Center, I was glad that I have finally mastered the three musical pieces I'll be playing for the grand orchestra concert tomorrow and I exited the place with a heart light with burden and a soul at ease.

It was five minutes before eight when I came to pick my girlfriend up from our new apartment suite near Central Park. It's been over two weeks since our first move in together, and living with the love of my life was the best decision I've ever made. Although the paparazzi were frequently making abuzz of our recent move in, and local tabloids bombard us with rumors we've never even imagine we would do, we still managed to keep our privacy as individuals.

Like I get how big of a limelight star Jennie is, not to mention, she self-handledly got that multi-million contract with Medieval, a prestigious contemporary art institution, without the help of her parent's influential empire which sparked immense controversy between their family, but I don't get the constant making of rumors they do for us. They always make our relationship seem the most scandalous of all when in reality we're just like every other couple but with a more rich heritage in where the New York Media digs millions of profit from it.

I honked my maroon lamborghini in front of our door and she quickly jolted outside as the paparazzi flashed their cameras on her face. Jennie successfully got in. Needless to say she looked splendid in her Gucci dangling silver dress along with the Yves Saint Laurent monogram chained wallet I bought for her a year ago. "You okay?" I quickly asked in worry as I examined her pale face and cryptic expression,

"A little bit nervous." she sighed deeply as she settled in with her seat belt. I tucked her hair on the side as I made eye contact, "The people loves your work, Jennie. This is like your third week of opening your new art galas, you opened tons of shows across New York and they all did well. So don't tell me you're nervous now." I said in earnestness. "But Chaeng, I'm doing it on metropolitan museum, and it's been a dream of mine ever since! This one of my biggest galas yet and I just don't know if I'm ever ready." she chattered out gratitude and worry at the same time. "Trust me, you are. You deserve all of this. I've seen you work hard." I slowly caught her cold hands, and intertwined it with mine. "It's just the right time for people to see how great of an artist you are." Her eyes reformed into a calmer sea of waves, she felt relaxed. Thank God.

"Do you think they'll show up and cause a scene again?" Yet again her face went in torment. Sometimes I wished my girlfriend doesn't overthink too much because she has this ability to manipulate my optimism, I shook my head. "I don't think your parents would go that far. They've had enough media exposure when they visited the last gala you opened. If they have any decency left, they won't steal your spotlight again." I gave her words of reassurance if it's the only thing that will leave her at ease.

After making sure that Jennie was ready, we quickly headed to the Metropolitan Museum, and stopped at Museum Mile, a place in which Jennie and the Medieval Institute of Arts rented for her exclusive art exhibition gala entitled, dreams of a soul. As expected, we were greeted by tons of photographers flashing their cameras beside the red aisle. We walked beside each other while Jennie and I were all smiles for the camera, a reporter from E! Entertainment approached Jennie for an interview and I let her stand on her own this time because this was her spotlight.

I proceeded inside as the servers gave me a strawberry pisco punch to start up the night, the vast dainty atmosphere that the museum gave complimented the pristine artworks of Jennie, there were about twenty of them displayed in the place. I inched closer to what looks like a musical note formed by black and white piano keys with a single red rose in the middle, I was quite intrigued and checked the title of the art piece, "Rose of music." I read aloud without realizing that piece was meant for me, my smirk involuntarily appeared on my lips as I feel my heart flutter. 

Jennie has been this romantic, a trait you wouldn't expect a cold 23-year old chic would have and it's the cutest thing.

...

 

I was roaming the place alone having few chit-chats of  famous strangers when I saw a familiar face right in the corner of the museum, it was our orchestra conductor, Felipe Ricci. He's a renowned Italian conductor whom I got to befriend with in Rome while I was studying classical music three years ago now he has come to New York to conduct the orchestra for my concert. "Felipe!" I volumed my voice and approached my old friend, "Chaeyoung, there you are!" His thick Italian accent resonated through his voice, I smiled and we greeted each other with a kiss on the cheeks, "Are you having a great time?" I asked. "Of course, your girlfriend's works are fascinating. And I've observed her arts are more related to music, but maybe that's just  because of you." He suppressed a laugh as he took a sip on his cocktail, I shyly agreed. As if on cue, a familiar touch caressed along the fabric of my waistline, I tilted my head and my eyes saw a smiling Jennie who was ready to greet my peers, "Hi, babe." She kissed me on the cheek before she went to greet Felipe, "Hi! Nice to meet you." Her hands shook the conductor's own.

 

"Ciao! It's an honor to meet the creator of these magnificent masterpieces." The italian conductor praised the artist. "Jennie, this is Felipe he was the italian conductor I was talking about." I introduced her to him formally and both smiled at each other. "I hope you do well in your concert tomorrow." my girlfriend said, "Of course, we will. Chaeyoung here is all we need." He made a hand gesture that pointed to me and we all muffled a humble laugh, "You're going to watch, right?" Felipe retorted a question, I saw Jennie nodded quickly, "Of course, I wouldn't miss to watch the youngest piano prodigy of New York for the world." Jennie stole a quick meaningful glance at me, I blushed. 

 

Our conversation was interrupted when we heard a commotion outside. Yoongi is here! were the particular words I heard that made me flustered. "Seems like your brother wanted to pay an early visit." Jennie said as we watched my older brother, Yoongi descend upon our eyes. He dyed his hair in blonde again, his charming persona radiated underneath his oxford tuxe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter