Chapter 7 : Break Down

It's Always Been You

Yoochun is leaning on his car waiting for Jaejoong to come out from his place. Yoochun stand straight when he sees Jaejoong coming out from the building. He jogs to Jaejoong and greet him “Jaejoong-ssi!” he said but Jaejoong just turn to him blankly then Yoochun realize something strange about Jaejoong. His eyes are puffy and he is not cheerful as usual. “What happen to you?” Yoochun straightly ask.

“Ah… Yoochun-ssi. No, nothing happen. What are you doing here?” Jaejoong clearly lies and Yoochun can tell it but he just going to let it slide.

“I just passing by then remember that you always go to work around this time so I decided to pick you up. I called you but you did not answer”

Then Jaejoong realize that he left his phone in his place, since last night he didn’t dare to look at his phone. He knew that Yunho is calling him like crazy last night.

“I’m sorry I completely forgot where I placed my phone” Jaejoong giving an excuse.

“Hmm okay… I will take you to your work place. Come with me” Yoochun ask nicely and Jaejoong nodded. Yoochun carefully lead Jaejoong to his car.

On their way Jaejoong is silent not like himself, usually they will talk about many things but today Jaejoong is not himself. Yoochun know there is something wrong and he is guessing that it must be about that Jung Yunho.

“A couple days ago, your friend Changmin is coming to me” Yoochun start the conversation trying to break the ice.

“Changmin? What did he tell you? I hope it’s not something stupid” Jaejoong finally let his voice out after ten minutes of silence driving.

“He just asked me to take care of you” Yoochun lies.

Jaejoong just nodded and believing Yoochun’s lies. After that he becomes silence again.

They arrived at Jaejoong’s work place, Yoochun is about to get off from the car to open the door for Jaejoong but Jaejoong stops him.

“Yoochun-ah… You know… actually…” Jaejoong is hesitates to talk about something to Yoochun. “What is it? Just tell me Jae-ah” Yoochun said calmly so Jaejoong would talk to him. ”Actually I’m really not in the mood to work, can you please take me somewhere else?” Jaejoong ask which Yoochun cannot refuse since it’s the first time Jaejoong ever asking for something. “Sure, I’ll tell mother that you take a sick leave for today” then Yoochun takes his phone to call his mother.

Yoochun is driving around the little city not sure where Jaejoong want to be. “Where do you want to go?” Yoochun ask. “Somewhere quite. Sorry to bother you like this. I’m really glad that you are here” Jaejoong said in low sad tone but it’s enough to make Yoochun happy and blushing. He is hoping that being beside Jaejoong when he is down is his chance to earn Jaejoong’s heart. “You want to go to the beach? It’s an hour drive though” Yoochun suggesting. “I would love to if you don’t mind” Jaejoong answer. Yoochun smiled “Then beach it is”.

After an hour drive they finally arrived and it’s perfectly quite just like Jaejoong ask there is no one there but the. “We here” Yoochun whispered to wake Jaejoong up, he is sleeping on their way to the beach. “I’m sorry I fall asleep” Jaejoong said in apologetic tone. “It’s alright” Yoochun said then he gets down from the car and jog to the other side to open the door for Jaejoong. As soon as Yoochun opens the door for Jaejoong, he can feel the wind breeze.

Yoochun is holding Jaejoong’s hand to guide him walking through the tip of the beach, sometimes the water hits their feet and Jaejoong can only giggle about it. Yoochun is enjoying the beautiful moment with Jaejoong and can only hope that this moment will last forever. Yoochun carefully take his phone and secretly captured Jaejoong’s giggling face when the water hits his feet after taking the picture his phone suddenly ringing. “It’s my mother calling” Yoochun said to Jaejoong. “Answer the phone” Jaejoong said as he let his hand go from Yoochun’s. “Okay I’ll be back. Be careful of the water alright, the wave is high” Yoochun warn Jaejoong then he left Jaejoong to pick up the call.

Jaejoong is left alone, he closed his eyes to feel the breeze then without him noticing his tears already fall down from his eyes. In his mind he can only ask Why? Why he must be living miserable like this? As far as he remember he never did anything wrong to anyone but why god keep giving him all the hardship. He cannot even imagine what is going to come next. Should I just die so everything will end?

Jaejoong takes a step toward the sea and then another step. Every step he takes is bringing him to deeper water until it almost reached his waist. Jaejoong’s mind is filled with everything that happens to him. Every step to the deeper part of the sea represents every hardship he already went through. The cold from the water is making his feet feel numb, and so does his feeling. He just wanted to end everything.

Yoochun who is clueless keep talking to his mother on the phone. “No mom stop worry, he is fine with me. Of course I’ll take care of him…” then Yoochun turns around and find half of Jaejoong’s body already inside the water and he keep going to the deeper place. Yoochun immediately drops his phone on the ground and run toward Jaejoong “KIM JAEJOONG! STOP!” he shouts to Jaejoong but Jaejoong didn’t bother and keep going to the deeper water. Yoochun finally catch Jaejoong and he holds Jaejoong from behind “Let me go!!!” Jaejoong is struggling to let himself free from Yoochun. “NO!” He turns Jaejoong around to face him “What are you doing!? Trying to kill yourself!?” Yoochun shout straight in front of Jaejoong’s face. “I better die… I cannot live like this anymore… I’m tired” Jaejoong sobbing hard. Yoochun pull Jaejoong and hug him he whispered to Jaejoong. “Death is not the way to solve a problem. It doesn’t take your pain away. It gives to someone else instead. Everything you are going throught right now I believe god has a beautiful ending to it. Please don’t die, I need you… everyone you love need you Jaejoong-ah” Jaejoong hug Yoochun back and crying in Yoochun’s arm. Yoochun slowly take Jaejoong back to the land.

They are rest inside Yoochun’s car, both of them already change their cloth into dry cloth, luckily Yoochun always bring bunch of cloths and sleeping equipment since he like to stay until late in his office. Yoochun take a blanket from the back seat and wrap it to freezing Jaejoong who is fall asleep. Yoochun keep looking at the sleeping Jaejoong and wondering what’s really inside  this beautiful creature mind and what kind of hardship he went through until he want to kill himself. Yoochun is drawn by the beauty of this living creature beside him and he cannot hold himself anymore. Yoochun lean closer to Jaejoong “I’m sorry” he whispered to sleeping Jaejoong then he puts his lips on Jaejoong’s lips and making Jaejoong wake from his sleep, he tried to push Yoochun. “Yoo…ahh…Stop!” he said between the kiss and Yoochun finally got into his right mind back. He pulls himself from the kiss and begs for forgiveness “Jaejoong-ah! I’m sorry! I didn’t know what is gotten into me… I’m sorry!” he begs. “Why… why you did that to me?” Jaejoong still shock from what happen. “Jaejoong-ah, I really wanted to tell you this. I love you… I Love you from the very first time I met you” Yoochun finally confessed to Jaejoong, Yoochun cannot hold his feeling any longer.

“Yoochun-ah I’m sorry… I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to lead you to anything. You must be wrong about your feeling…” Jaejoong head is all messes up, this is really not a good time to hear a confession. “No Jaejoong-ah! You didn’t lead me to anything and my feeling did not wrong. Right from the first moment I saw you I knew that I fall for you! You are the one I’ve been longing for” then Yoochun takes Jaejoong’s hand and place it on his chest. “Feel it! My heart is beating like crazy it beats like this only because of you”

Jaejoong tried to let his hand go but Yoochun is way stronger than he is. “Yoochun-ah, please don’t make it hard for me. You know…. I already have someone else I love… Please…” Jaejoong plead. “NO! He is a married man for god’s sake!” after shouting that to Jaejoong, Jaejoong suddenly become quite. “How… how do you know?” Jaejoong is startled by the fact that Yoochun already know about Yunho. “I already know everything from Changmin. He told me your story because he know that I love you that’s why he warn me to not get my hopes high since he told me that you can only love one person, Jung Yunho” Yoochun explains. “You already know about everything, why you still doing this to me? You will only get hurt Yoochun-ah. Getting hurt by someone like me is not worth it” Jaejoong said. “Because I want you to be happy, I want to get you out from all the hardship you’ve been going trough. I want to make a better life for you and you are worth to be fight for” Yoochun tried to assuring Jaejoong.

“I can’t give you the answer right now Yoochun-ah I’m sorry. You’ve been nothing but nice to me but I’ve never fall to other person other than Yunho. I’m sorry… I’m sorry” Jaejoong bow his head down cannot look straight into Yoochun’s eyes. Yoochun smiled and pats on Jaejoong’s head lightly “That’s okay, I didn’t want your answer right away because I already know the answer. But I will try my best to change your answer. And by the way my mom already know about my feeling and she is nothing but happy. She keeps pushing me to chase after you”.

After the brief confession, Yoochun drove back to the town.