Chapter 2 : Why are we ended up like this?

It's Always Been You

Yunho walks to Changmin office after Changmin’s secretary let him in. He is waiting for Changmin’s who still busy in operation room. Today is Changmin’s birthday so he wanted to take his best friend for lunch.Yunho looking around the room due his boredom and a little gift box on Changmin’s table captured his eyes.

He takes a look at the box and it seems Changmin already opens the box. Inside the box is a watch that Changmin been talking for a months.

“I wonder who gave this gift to Changmin, this person must be so close with Changmin”

Next to the box is a piece of paper from the shipping company. Yunho takes the paper and read the sender’s name which making him shock.

Yunho takes his phone out from the pocket and called someone “You need to look for someone for me” then Yunho hang up the phone and leaves Changmin’s office.

><

The next day after that

Yunho sits in front of his computer waiting for something then his phone ringing.

“I already sent you an email, please look into it” Said the caller then he hang up.

Yunho look into the emails and he closed his mouth in shock.

“It can’t be….” His hands keep scrolling until the last photo that attached to the email.

The email contains everything about Jaejoong, from his address, workplace, until his current condition, his blindness.

“All this time he is hiding because he is blind and Changmin know about it!?”

Yunho get up from his seat and leave his office, he is looking for an explanation from Changmin.

><

Yunho banged on Changmin’s apartment door a couple of times did not bother to use the bell.

“Okay wait a second!” shout Changmin from inside his apartment.

As soon as Changmin opens the door, a fist ended up in his cheek. Yunho hits him until he fall on the floor.

“YAH! What is that for!?” Changmin said holding his now red swallow cheek.

Yunho grab on Changmin by his collar and shout to his face. “Why do you hide everything from me!? WHY!!??”

“Hide what…. It can’t be? It’s about Jaejoong isn’t it?” Changmin finally realize that Yunho is talking about Jaejoong. His prediction is right, sooner or later he is going to find out.

“Yunho-ah please let me go, I’ll explain everything” Then Yunho let Changmin go.

They sit together on Changmin’s bar table. Yunho chugged a couple glass of Whiskey to calm himself then Changmin joins sitting next to him with a glass of red wine.

“You drink? You usually not drinking in working days” Yunho ask looking at the red wine on Changmin’s hand.

“Yeah, I took a day off tomorrow. I’m planning to spend my day with Jaejoong tomorrow” Changmin explains.

“Changmin-ah what happen to him?” Yunho ask, hand gripping tight on the glass.

Then Changmin tell the whole story that he keep hidden.

Flashback

“Kim Jaejoong-ssi I know about your relationship with my Son and me as his mother did not prove it at all. My son needs someone who’s way better than you” Yunho’s mom said straightly in Jaejoong’s face.

“I know about it that I don’t have anything but I love your son and I… I promise I’ll make him happy no matter what” Jaejoong tried assuring Yunho’s mother.

“Only love isn’t enough Jaejoong-ssi, you know our family right? We are the family of Jung Company. We need to expand that’s why we need someone who can bring fortune to our family not a burden like you. I’m afraid our family got your bad luck, your parents died in accident because of you right? your money from your parents is gone because your fathers in debt right?” Yunho’s mom said sarcastically.

Jaejoong keep his head hanging low doesn’t have anything to argue.

Yunho’s mom placed a piece of paper on the table.

“That is some money, I think it’s enough for you to move to another town and forget my son. Take the money” Yunho’s mom said.

“No I’ll not take your money, but I’ll leave….”

><

“Kim Jaejoong! Why are you doing this to Yunho!? He’s gone crazy you know!? Now he is in the hospital, his hand is bleeding from punching a mirror” Changmin said as soon as he met Jaejoong after searching from him.

“I am sorry Changmin-ah, I need to do this” Jaejoong keep his head hanging low and tried to hold his tears.

“You know I’m in pain too…. I feel like going to kill myself” Jaejoong continue then his tears falling hard.

“Then why are you doing this? Why you have to break up with him by saying that his love isn’t enough to make you happy?” Changmin really can’t understand Jaejoong.

“I just realize that Yunho can find someone so much better than me Changmin-ah, I’m afraid that I will bring him a bad luck” Jaejoong explains between his tears.

“Is it because of Yunho’s mother?”

Jaejoong looks at Changmin. “How did you know?”

Wild guess, I know sooner or later she will tried to ruin your relationship with Yunho. we need to tell Yunho about this” when Changmin is about to leave, Jaejoong hold his hand.

“No please don’t! Yunho will hate his mother even more if you telling him this. Please keep this us a secret between us, everything will get passed maybe Yunho is devastated now but I believe one day he will forget about everything”

Changmin can’t say another word and do as Jaejoong told him too

><

“Jaejoong-ah are you sure about leaving the city?” Changmin said as he hand Jaejoong’s back to him.

”I am 100% sure Changmin-ah, back in my hometown I can life my live peacefully” Jaejoong smiled but inside he is hurting.

“Jaejoong-ah I can take you to your hometown with me car, I don’t know why but I have a bad feeling” Changmin said while trying to take Jaejoong’s bag again.

“Haha it’s only your feeling because you are sad about me leaving. Everything is going to be fine”

After hugging for a good bye Jaejoong’s enters the bus.

><

“Now I’m reporting from the place of a Bus accident last night involving 24 passengers, 8 people dead and 16 people badly injured. This is Reporter Han reporting for MBC News!”

“Jaejoong-ah!!! Jaejoong-ah!!!!!!!” Changmin runs in the crowded emergency room looking for Jaejoong then he found his friend lying in the bed with blood all over his head.

“Doctor please saves my friend!” Changmin shouts to the doctor who’s about to check on Jaejoong.

><

“Jaejoong-ssi  I’m afraid to say that your optical nerve is badly injured due the accident that’s why after the surgery you might got into permanent blind”

Then Jaejoong’s world fell apart.

“Jaejoong-ah seriously we need to tell Yunho about this! Why are you being so stubborn!?”

“No I can’t! I don’t want to become a burden! Changmin-ah please takes me somewhere Yunho cannot find me….please” Jaejoong begged.

End of flashback

“So… everything is happens because of my mother?” Yunho said in disbelieve.

Changmin answer with a nod. “And now he’s blind?” Yunho continues.

“Yes he is blind” Then Changmin chugged another ship of the red wine.

Yunho ruffles his hair in frustration and he cried, he cried for the first time in 7 years. He promises himself 7 years ago that crying for Jaejoong is going to be the last time he cried but now he breaks his own promise to himself. Now he is crying again for Kim Jaejoong.

Yunho just crying like child and Changmin did nothing about it because there is nothing to do, Yunho only need to cry right now.

The next morning Changmin and Yunho goes to Jaejoong’s place, Yunho wanted to see Jaejoong so bad.

Yunho waits at the café nearby Jaejoong’s workplace then he heard the doorbell rings signaling that someone is coming in.

Changmin guides Jaejoong to his seat across Yunho. Yunho stay quite when he is looking at Jaejoong doesn’t want Jaejoong to found out that he is here.

“Changmin-ah is there anyone else sitting here beside you? Are you bringing your friend?” Jaejoong ask because he sense someone present and vividly he smell Yunho’s scent but he know that it can’t be Yunho.

“Ah no I’m all alone” Changmin lied. “What do you want to drink?” He continues shifting the conversation.

“Like always, strawberry frappe!” Jaejoong said giggling. Yunho smiled at Jaejoong even they were an adult but Jaejoong’s favorite drink still the same as when they were in high school.

“Okay I am going to order the drink, you wait here ne” Changmin said to Jaejoong but at the same time he signaling Yunho to keep quite then Yunho answers it with a nod.

Yunho just keep looking at Jaejoong who’s playing with a finger, maybe in his mind he is playing some melody he wanted to tries later on the piano. Yunho get his hand closer to Jaejoong’s hand, he wanted to touch it but he can’t. He is now holding his tears since Jaejoong is so close but he doesn’t realize Yunho’s existence.

“Here is your drink” Changmin placed the drink in front of Jaejoong and he takes Jaejoong’s hand and placed it on the drink so Jaejoong knows where is his drink.

“Thank you Min-ah, ah do you like my gift?” Jaejoong ask mentioning the watch he gave for Changmin’s birthday.

“I love it! Thank you so much you really know what I like” Changmin compliment.

Changmin and Jaejoong talks about a lot of things and Yunho just sit there quietly eyes never leaving Jaejoong.

“Changmin-ah how is he? Does he give you any gift?” suddenly Jaejoong ask about Yunho.

Changmin looks at Yunho with uneasy but Yunho gives him a signal to answer Jaejoong’s question.

“He is fine. Yes he does give me a gift!” Changmin said as he rubbed on his swollen cheek.

“He must be gives you something nice since you are his one and only bestfriend” Jaejoong chuckles. “His wife is UEE right?” Jaejoong continues and Changmin look at Yunho again uneasy but Yunho gives him a signal to answer his question.

“Yes, she is Yunho’s wife” Changmin answer with hesitate.

“My friend at work said she is beautiful and she has a perfect life. Now she is starring in a new drama right? My friend said the drama is really good I really wanted to see her face. What kind of women who makes Yunho happy? How is their happy life right now? Thank god I leave him 7 years ago, I did not regret it even a little bit”

Yunho can’t stand hearing Jaejoong saying that, he stands up and leave the café making. Changmin looks at Yunho in shock but he cannot chase Yunho who’s leaving.

“He is here right?” Jaejoong ask calmly.

“”How… How did you know Jaejoong-ah?” Changmin shocks.

“How can’t I doesn’t know the presence of someone that I miss the most Changmin-ah? How? I wanted to cried and hug him so bad but I can’t…” Jaejoong is now in tears.

><

Yunho is now outside the café, crying. He doesn’t even care about people eyes on him. He closes his mouth to prevent him from sobbing. His heart is hurt because Jaejoong wanted to see how happy he is when Jaejoong’s life is a messed up.

Someone tapped his shoulder and he turns around, it’s Changmin.

“He knows that you are there” Changmin said. “He knows?” said Yunho then he runs inside the café again.

“Why!? Why are you doing this to me Jaejoong-ah!? Why are you suffering alone, Why!?!” He shouts to Jaejoong doesn’t care about other people in the café. Jaejoong just silent with head straight forward but he is now holding his tears.

“Answer me Jaejoong-ah, Why!?” Yunho is now pleading, he just wants Jaejoong to opens his mouth and gives him some explanation why he chooses to suffer alone.

“Yunho that’s enough” Changmin takes Yunho’s hand and dragged him out the café then Jaejoong breaks into tears.