Chapter 2:

Yours, Never Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2:

With the purchase of Hyoyeon Jiyong had thought he would have to take her in like a pet, but to his pleasant surprise she had her own apartment separate from her aunt and uncle, so he had Taeyang drop her off at home. For three days Jiyong had no contact with her, his days busy as usual with work, he almost forgot about her until he received a very heated call from Bambi demanding why he had lost his best money maker.

“It’s very simple,” Jiyong huffed, bored of this conversation already.

“Oh, please enlighten me then GD,” Bambi snapped back.

“We’re dating,” Jiyong stated as he looked over a file for an upcoming meeting with a desperate father. “Can’t have her seeing other guys when she already has the best.”

“Dat-- what?” Bambi bellowed. “Doe would never date without telling me. What’s really going on GD? Give me my girl back!”

Scoffing, Jiyong dropped the file and leaned back in his chair as he tightened his hold on his cellphone. “ to lose what you hold dear, huh?” he shot back. “She’s not yours anymore Bambi, so quit your whining.” With that he hung up, tossing his phone to his desk with a frustrated grunt.

What did Bambi know about loss? He was a lustful and greedy man that only knew how to gain instead of lose. One girl hardly affected his empire of brothels, so where did he get off complaining to Jiyong about wanting her back when the loan shark knew the pimp would have her replaced in a matter of days. Hyoyeon was just the current number one , but those changed weekly so she wasn’t that big of a deal to get worked up over (especially if she was a so claimed . Jiyong still didn’t believe that).

Scoffing at Bambi’s phone call Jiyong returned to work. It was a day later when a visitor showed up at his office, someone he hadn’t thought would personally show up in front of him again out of the blue. They were both extremely busy with work, her far more than him these days, but nonetheless Jiyong smiled at her when she sauntered through the door, friendly smile in place.

“What brings you by sweetheart?” Jiyong asked rising from his chair. Stepping around his desk he spread his arm wide for a hug that his visitor granted with a gentle content sigh that he didn’t miss.

When they parted she said, “Was in the area so I thought I’d pop in for a quick visit.”

Jiyong didn’t quite believe her, Yejin never had work in his part of the city. Despite knowing that he played along and gestured for her to take a seat on the couch, but she kindly declined with a shake of her head, newly cut locks swaying about her chin and jaw. Jiyong missed her long hair.

“I can’t stay for long GD,” she said. “I wanted to invite you personally to the grand opening of the Skydive Casino. I was also hoping you would bring your girlfriend,” she paused to scan his face that had frozen. Jiyong’s first thought was how did she find out? then his brain recalled the connection between her and Bambi: Xiumin, her husband (Jiyong would never call him that out loud). Locking her hands behind her back she went on to say, “Bambi mentioned you were seeing someone, and I was kind of hoping to meet her. We’re still friends right?”

I wish we were more but --

Nodding with a forced smile Jiyong said, “We are. I’d be happy to go. Send me the details and we’ll be there.”

Smiling Yejin clapped her hands before her as she bounced on her toes. “Great! It’s in a week. I expect to see a one of a kind G-Dragon outfit there.”

“I never disappoint,” he retorted.

There was a tense silence that followed his words as memories of the time he disappointed her the most, the moment that ruined their future together.

Knocking Jiyong huffed for the fifth time since exiting his vehicle. His raps hard and fast as he impatiently waited for the owner of the apartment to answer. Though the door was quickly opened Jiyong was still annoyed at having to wait any length of time. His day had been ty since his afternoon visitor.

“Mr. Kwon,” Hyoyeon greeted, sounding only mildly surprised.

“Grab your jacket we’re going out,” he ordered.

“Just my jacket? Should I change?” she inquired glancing down at his attire then her own. Peering down Jiyong took in her maroon skinny jeans and gray and navy cable knit sweater that hung off one shoulder.

“You’re fine. Let’s go,” he said. Her casual appearance was enough that it wouldn’t be embarrassing for Jiyong to be seen in public, but it was also simple enough that he wouldn’t have to go through the trouble of going to a fancy restaurant. He was tired and wanted something quick, not to sit down to a two hour meal. So, yes, what Hyoyeon was wearing was fine for today.

“Alright,” she said turning back into her apartment. She slipped her feet into a pair of black wedged ankle boots then grabbed a black pea coat before joining Jiyong in the hall with her purse in hand. Once the door was shut Hyoyeon shrugged on the coat as she followed Jiyong down the hall to the elevator.

Nothing was said on the ride down to the building’s lobby, or during the walk to Jiyong’s car parked just out front. The two climbed into the back, Jiyong giving orders to his driver, who nodded with a ‘yes sir’, then more silence fell over them. Hyoyeon quietly stared out her window during the drive, which was a grateful surprise to Jiyong who had expected an inquisition like women were prone to do, even Yejin, th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter