Chapter 10:

Yours, Never Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10:

“Was anyone else not surprised that the groom had a tie emergency?” Seunghyun said with a trickster smile.

The table laughed while Jiyong glared at his best-man. Even the beautifully dressed woman on his right giggled which he pouted at. How could she laugh at her now husband?

Patting his chest soothingly Hyoyeon softly said, “It was pretty funny oppa.”

“So mean, love,” he complained.

“He went through fifty ties in the last two days,” Taeyang commented, ignoring the newlywed couple. “And he still went with the original one he chose last month. I thought I was going to lose my mind,” he groaned. Seora next to him patted his shoulder sympathetically.

“It is an important day,” Jiyong said defensively. “Everything had to be perfect.”

“It was,” Hyoyeon assured.

Jiyong smiled proudly as he pulled her chair closer to his so he could wrap his arm around her. Two years together they tied the knot on the anniversary of the day Granny Lee summoned Jiyong down to her shop to find a drunk moping Hyoyeon slumped at a table. They had moved to America a few months after talking to Heechul and the States branch of Suju Security was flourishing. Things had been going damn near perfect for the couple, even returning to South Korea to hold their wedding (so Granny Lee would attend. Jiyong was a little smug to show the old woman he wasn’t the ert she claimed him to be in the beginning).

Now the wedding party was at a restaurant in a private room to celebrate the ceremony. It wasn’t a large wedding, but Jiyong still spared no expense to make it perfect. Even Hyoyeon’s dress was custom made, with real crystals and pearls embedded into the fabric. She had stolen Jiyong’s breath when she walked down the aisle, hair curled and eyes bright with excitement and love. The tie fiasco aside the day really had been perfect.

“I can’t believe you two are finally married,” Seora said, not so casually changing the topic. “I really thought GD had been scared off from marriage for good there, for a bit.”

Jiyong glared at the woman. There was no need to bring up his past, not today of all days.

“So did I,” said a new arrival.

The five seated at the table turned to see Korea’s number one gang-leader stepping into the room with her equally as powerful husband at her side. Jiyong’s jaw tightened at seeing Jinjin again, it had been more than a year since their last meeting. He had come back to South Korea for work, Hyoyeon staying in America, and he took the time to finally do something about the unused engagement ring he had sitting in his closet. It had not been a pleasant meeting, though it could have gone worse. Jinjin took the ring, but there had been raised voices and curses thrown about that Jiyong didn’t know he was capable of addressing to a woman.

Now as Jinjin and Xiumin stepped into the room Jiyong wasn’t sure if it was going to be a pleasant visit or their perfect day was going to come to an early end. He held his breath as he watched the woman eye the group with a half smile.

“And why is that?” Hyoyeon was the one to react first to Jinjin’s words and part of Jiyong really wished she hadn’t. He loved the girl dearly, but her confidence and wry tongue was going to get her into trouble with the gangsters before them.

Jinjin turned her head to meet Hyoyeon’s challenging gaze and her half smile turned into a smirk. Xiumin stood stoic at Jinjin’s side. “Because settling on an outfit for such an occasion seems almost impossible for GD,” she replied. Her gaze flickered to him and the tension in the air seemed to loosen slightly. “But I’m glad to see you were able to accomplish it.”

“Thank you,” he said stiffly.

“Though why a peach suit?” JInjin questioned teasingly.

Jiyong huffed, he was done answering that question today. Granny Lee had nagged before and after the ceremony about the color choice.

The three guests laughed at her comment while Hyoyeon went back to soothing his chest.

“So what brings you by Jinjin?” he asked instead of answering her.

“Ah, right,” she clapped her hands. Next to her Xiumin shifted and held out a silver and white spotted bag to her. Taking it Jinjin said, “Wedding present!”

Jiyong was stunned.

“Thank you,” Hyoyeon responded for them both as she stood from her seat. Jinjin handed over the bag, Hyoyeon smiling politely as she retrieved the present. “You didn’t have to do this.”

“You’re right,” Jinjin nodded and Jiyong wanted to snap at her. “But I felt like I owed it to you. After everything.”

Hyoyeon nodded as she took her seat and glanced inside the bag. Jiyong leaned towards her peeking at the gift over her shoulder. His wife snorted as she pulled out an atrocious plaid necktie that Jiyong had to suppress a cringe at seeing.

“Ah, thank you,” Hyoyeon said handing him the tie.

“There’s more,” Jinjin said.

Turning back to the bag Hyoyeon reached in, searched for a moment, then pulled out a hair clip of the same eyesore plaid pattern. Jiyong saw Hyoyeon’s brow twitched as her hand froze over the bag.

“A matching set,” Jinjin beamed proudly.

The new husband and wife didn’t have to exchange any words, the look they shared said it all. Jinjin still had no idea what Jiyong liked, and We are never wearing these.

“Congratulations GD. I am happy you found love again, Jinjin said. Her tone sincere despite her stiff grin.

“Thank you Jinjin.”

“Good, can we go now?” Xiumin huffed.

“You’ve got that face on again,” Hyoyeon commented as she crossed the room.

She plopped down on the hotel bed, the silk kimono Jiyong had gotten her from one of his business trips to Japan barely covering her as it was messily tied. His eyes flickered from her exposed legs to her exposed cleavage before he pulled the girl across the bed towards him so they could cuddle. It was their honeymoon and Jiyong just wanted to stay as close to her as possible. He buried his face into her chest as he rolled them over so he was lying on top of her. Hyoyeon giggled, threading her fingers through his hair gently.

“What face?” he murmured into her skin. He planted a kiss at the end punctuating his sentence.

“Your contemplating face,” she answered. “What were you thinking about while I was gone?”

Lifting his head so he was looking at her he replied, “A lot of things.”

“Oh.”

“But mostly you.”

“What about me?” she smirked.

Jiyong shifted so he was lying next to Hyoyeon, one arm wrapped around her waist while the other propped up his head so their gazes were on the same level. Hyoyeon rolled onto her side tossing a leg over his hip lip she was chaining him in place so he couldn’t move further away. Jiyong smiled at her for it.

“I’ve been thinking about how we met,” he began and she hummed for him to go on. “Wondering why you sold yourself instead of just paying off your relativ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter