Chapter 7:

Yours, Never Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7:

To: Kwon Jiyong

If GD is out, then what do I call you?

From: Kwon Jiyong

Oppa is fine.

To: Kwon Jiyong

Really? Seems awfully unprofessional for business.

From: Kwon Jiyong

OPPA is fine.

Giggling at the message Hyoyeon typed at her phone only to be interrupted by knocking at her apartment door. It had been four days since Mr. Kwon kissed the daylights out of her, stealing her breath and turning her legs to jelly. Hyoyeon had kissed a lot of guys -- a lot -- but none had done that to her, though many had tried (including Bambi -- a.k.a. Luhan -- at the casino opening and when he showed up drunk at her apartment during the attack on BB Loans).

Setting down her phone on her coffee table she stood from the couch and made her way over to the front door where the knocking sounded again. Her smile slipped off her face, going neutral like it always did when she confronted others, especially the unknown kind. When she opened the door she couldn’t stop the widening of her eyes when she saw who was standing on the other side of her door.

“Jinjin unnie?” she questioned bemused.

The short, curly haired woman gave a police, yet tight smile. “Do you have a moment to chat with me?” she asked.

Hyoyeon knew what she wanted to talk about, or more like who and personally Hyoyeon didn’t really what to discuss Kwon Jiyong with Jinjin, the leader of 3.6.5. Sighing the younger girl crossed her arms and leaned her hip against the door jam.

“Yes, I have the time, but I don’t particularly want to talk to you,” she replied honestly.

Jinjin looked positively insulted mouth pursing before she spoke again. “And why is that?”

Hyoyeon said nothing as she stared at the older woman.

She cocked her head to the side. “Because I’m a gang leader or because I use to date GD?” Jinjin challenged.

Hyoyeon almost snorted at the smug, know-it-all way the woman spoke, like she was so use to being right. Yet Hyoyeon kept her composure as she shook her head. “Don’t pin me as some jealous girl, because I’m not. If anything I sort of admire you for you talent of manipulating men. It’s rather infamous in the underground.”

Jinjin didn’t hold back her leer as she mimicked Hyoyeon’s pose, minus leaning against the door jam, though her hip was cocked to the side. “You don’t even know what I’ve been through, you have no ground to speak to me so rudely,” she spat.

“On the contrary,” Hyoyeon said nonchalantly. “I know quite a bit about you. If you want your secrets kept as so, maybe not tell the underworld’s biggest gossiper. Bambi can’t hold his tongue when drunk.”

There was a tick in Jinjin’s jaw and Hyoyeon knew she had out done the biggest gang-leader in Seoul, possibly Korea, and there was an enjoyable prideful feeling that came along with it.

A minute passed before Jinjin seemed to control herself long enough to speak again. “I would still like to talk to you about GD,” she stated.

“Why?”

“Because of something you said. It’s wrong and I want to correct you,” she said firmly. “I do know the real Kwon Jiyong.” There was an icy chill to her voice that sounded more a front to hide something deeper below.

Now Hyoyeon did laugh, because how many people around her were cluelessly delusional? It was such a sad sight, funny in a pathetic way that even her laugh sounded hollow. She pushed herself off the door-jam and met the gang-leader’s gaze eye-to-eye. “Answer three simple questions correctly and I’ll believe you, but if you can’t then I want you to leave because we’ll have n0thing to talk about,” she proposed.

“I don’t play games,” Jinjin retorted dryly.

Hyoyeon ignored her as she asked, “His preferred type of date?”

Scoffing the woman said, “Anything with music or a spotlight.”

“A quiet dinner,” Hyoyeon corrected without missing a beat. Jinjin rolled her eyes, unamused. “What’s his favorite color?” she continued the challenge.

“Whatever color he’s dyed his hair that month,” she answered smugly.

“Leopard print.”

Jinjin snorted at the ridiculous answer.

“Lastly, how does he have Dong Taeyang listed in his contacts?”

“Number Three.”

“Carwreck.”

“What are you smirking to yourself about?” Seunghyun questioned peeking into Jiyong’s office. Unannounced.

Lowering his cellphone he turned to the tall man with a glare, smile gone. “Nothing. Why are you here? Without knocking no less,” he said.

Seunghyun brushed off his boss’s glare and entered the office fully with a file in hand that he passed to Jiyong when he reached his desk. Jiyong inwardly groaned at the work now piling up around him.

“Mr. Kwon has sent over the meeting arrangements,” Seunghyun said flipping open the folder so Jiyong could see. “He’s finally ready to make the deal, and it’s clear he’s getting desperate.”

“Is that so?” Jiyong hummer glancing at the details. “About time. Though I will say he has done an impressive job keeping his company afloat for another year.”

“I guess, but this just means he’ll need more money to crawl out of his financial hole. I don’t see the benefit for us anymore,” the bleach blond muttered.

“At the moment there is none, but I’m in for the long ride. Having Mr. Kim’s law firm under my financial support is only a stepping stone to get to my real goal,” Jiyong explained.

“Which is?” Seunghyun arched a brow in his direction.

“Park Jungsoo’s technology corporation. With them we will be set for life,” Jiyong smirked.

To his surprise Seunghyun looked taken back, like he only now understood Jiyong’s work agenda for BB Loans.

“You wanna go straight?” the tall man questioned in disbelief.

Jiyong nodded as he lifted the Kim file scanning the details again. “Wasn’t that the original plan? Starting up our own back, but loansharking was so much simpler like Daesung said. Now because of that easy route we are two partners down and I lost a girlfriend. So why no get back on track with the original pla, or at least become profitable investors.”

Seunghyun had nothing to say at the mention of the two partners they lost because they got involved in underground business. So with a sigh he turned to get back to work, but stopped when he heard Jiyong’s phone buzz.

Jiyong was a little quick to pick up the device, Seunghyun smirking, while the sapphire hair-dyed man glanced at the new text message. Part of him had been expecting something sarcastic with oppa attached to it, but it wasn’t from the person he had been waiting for a reply from. It was Yejin.

From: Jinjin

I have a couple of random questions.

A moment passed and his phone buzzed three m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter