Chapter 1:

Yours, Never Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1:

“Find someone new to fall in love with.”

It had been three months since Yejin had made that request and Jiyong was less than thrilled to fulfill it. The girl was clever, always had been, but with her position as the leader of 3.6.5. her wit seemed to out shine her late father’s, especially when it came to making negotiations. Part of Jiyong was proud she was doing so well after the decision three years ago, yet another part of him was furious it was Xiumin at her side and not him. She still had all of his heart yet she wanted him to move on.

It was an impossible request.

And yet for the sake of Kwon Yejin, Kwon Jiyong would try -- or at least put up the pretenses he had. His love was hers and hers alone for nearly a decade.

“Boss,” Seunghyun, or his professional name TOP, said knocking on his office door.

Jiyong snapped out of his thoughts as he glanced up to see the tall man with bleached hair step inside the room with a business serious expression on his face. It was time to get back to work and stop with frivolous daydreams. Jiyong sighed.

“They’re here,” Seunghyun said. “Should I let them in?”

Running a hand through his grass green hair Jiyong leaned forward in his chair with a heavy breath. He was tired. He had three meetings earlier that day and yet another after this one. All he wanted was a glass of white wine and a nap, but that would have to wait for when work was done.

“Bring them in,” he ordered.

Nodding Seonghyun turned and left the office.

Jiyong smoothed his hair back into place as he stood from his cluttered desk, grabbing a file as he skirted around the hunk of wood. He made his way to the armchair across his office, scanning over the contents of the file about the meeting he was about to have. It was basic and such a common case that Jiyong rolled his eyes and slammed the file closed on his lap with a short groan. A grambling addicted man, a shopaholic woman and they couldn’t pay back what they owed.

At least it’ll be a quick meeting, Jiyong thought as the door to his office swung open.

He watched an overweight, balding man and a too thin, graying woman in their forties walk in followed by a third person who Jiyong had not been expecting. It was a young woman, brunette hair braided over one shoulder, dress a size too small for her petite yet curvy frame and heels clacking rhythmically against his hardwood floors. Jiyong eyed her as the anxious older pair bowed to him and took a seat on the couch across from his seat. The girl bowed after them, face neutral of expression, before standing next to the long couch despite the obvious room there was for her to join the older two.

“Mr. Gho,” Jiyong began, tearing his eyes away from the surprise-third-party. “You’re nearly half a million in debt to my company,” he said sternly and the fat old man nodded shaking from head-to-toe. “And Mrs. Gho, you;re twice over what your husband is. Payment is due.” The woman was slightly more composed than her husband as she clutched onto her Chanel purse that sat in her lap.

“We have payment,” Mrs. Gho said quickly.

Jiyong raised a skeptical brow as he drummed his fingers on top of the file still in his lap. “Oh? You have one-point- five million on you?” he challenged dryly.

“Hyoyeon,” the man hissed gesturing for the young woman to move. She did, though it seemed reluctant.

She bowed to Jiyong again who’s gaze flickered from the old couple to the girl with a generous amount of cleavage showing, even more so when she bent over. As she stood upright she spoke in a tone that matched her neutral expression.

“My name is Gho Hyoyeon and I’m willing to cover my parents debt.”

“Is that so?” Jiyong muttered turning back to the Gho parents. “Neither of you mentioned kids in your contracts. Why am I only finding out about her now?” he questioned annoyed. If there was one thing he hated more than Xiumin it was surprises.

“Ah, well,” Mr. Gho stammered.

“They don’t consider me their child,” Hyoyeon stated.

“Hyoyeon!” Mrs. Gho scolded. “Th-That’s not true. We love you very much.”

“I’m their niece, my parents passed when I was four and they took me in. Now I’m here to repay that debt by paying off their debt to you,” the girl explained flatly.

“Hyo--,” Mr. Gho began, but Jiyong raised a hand silencing him with a flick of his wrist.

“And what makes you think you’re worth one-point

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter