His Tears

The Unwanted Groom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun woke up early the next morning. He stood up and went straight to the bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth. When he’s done, he went out and called someone on the phone. He ordered two continental breakfast and requested for two Iced Americano.

 

He didn’t know why but he found himself walking towards the bed where Luhan is sleeping still peacefully on. Sehun sat on the bed, beside Luhan and he stared at him. Soon, his hands started caressing Luhan’s cheeks. 4 years had passed yet Luhan still looks like before. Sehun stopped what he was doing when Luhan suddenly started talking in his sleep.

 

“Sehun, please don’t go. I’m sorry” was what Luhan said. Sehun immediately stood up and scoffed at Luhan.

 

“Funny how you don’t want me to go yet you’re the one who left me first” Sehun told to the still sleeping Luhan.

 

When their breakfast arrived, Sehun didn’t bother waking Luhan up. He just ate alone, leaving Luhan’s portion untouched and still covered. After eating, he immediately took a bath and went out. He still needs to look for Ren.

 

While he was driving, he tried calling the number Ren used yesterday but it all went to voice mail. Sehun spent his whole day visiting places they’ve been to before. He even tried to look for the lake house he gave Ren last year. But his search were fruitless. He didn’t even saw Ren’s silhouette. It was already 6 p.m. that time. He stopped by a bar and drank to relieve the stress he was feeling. After finishing 6 or 7 bottles, he wasn’t sure , Sehun went back to the hotel and decided to call it a day.

 

When he arrived at their hotel room, Luhan was already packing up. Sehun scoffed.

 

“Leaving again?” a drunk Sehun asked Luhan through gritted teeth.

 

Surprised to hear Sehun’s voice, Luhan turned around and faced him.

 

“Uhm yes, I just don’t want to make things hard for you” Luhan replied “after all, this marriage will end soon so I don’t want to be a burden to you. Don’t worry, I’ll try my best and help you find Ren” he added. He zipped up his bag and stood up. He bowed at Sehun.

 

“I’ll be going now. Sorry for the trouble, it was nice meeting you again” Luhan said in the faintest voice and started walking towards the door, not sparing Sehun any glance.

 

“You didn’t even change your lines” Sehun blurted out when Luhan already walked past him.

Luhan stopped in his tracks, the note he left that day flashing back on his mind.

 

 

After reaching their peak, Luhan felt Sehun lying beside him, hugging him from behind. He was still half-awake when Sehun called his name.

 

“Lulu” Sehun called out but Luhan’s too tired to even muster any reply, so he just lie there, ready to hear what Sehun has to say.

 

“Please don’t leave” Sehun continued “stay with me, for as long as I live. I know it sounds impossible but I love you. So stay, please” Sehun started kissing his back and covered themselves with the blanket afterwards and hugged him tightly.

 

After hearing Sehun’s steady breathing, Luhan felt tears cascading down his cheeks. Sehun loves him. He was happy yet frightened at the same time. He knows that he wanted to be with Sehun too but he’s afraid of taking the risk. Luhan has never been in love before nor felt any connection to someone just like how he felt with Sehun and he’s terrified of what may happen in the future. Luhan knows that he’s independent and that he prefers being on his own but when he suddenly bumped into Sehun and had spent the day with him, he started being afraid of not being able to be with Sehun again. He was ready to give Sehun his all yet afraid of doing it because what if Sehun left him alone after that someday. He’s afraid to let Sehun in . It terrifies him. They’ve only known each other for a day and Luhan doesn’t have an idea if he’s the only person Sehun had told these words to. He’s also not forgetting the fact that Sehun will be back in Seoul some time soon and he will eventually leave him. When Sehun leave him here someday, he knows Sehun will eventually forget him because let’s face it, it isn’t called one night stands for nothing. They had spent a night together and that’s it. So, even when his everything refuses to let go and leave Sehun, Luhan did. He left the note on Sehun’s bedside table, kissed Sehun goodbye, firmly on the lips, and went out with tears blurring his vision.

 

 

That very same day, Sehun called him numerous times and it continued for a week. Though his heart yearns to hear Sehun’s voice again, he ignored all his calls. He also received lots of messages from Sehun. The last message he received from Sehun was a message telling him that he’s going back to Seoul, with his address on it. He told Luhan that he’ll be waiting for him.

 

 

 

“Luhan, sorry, but everyone knows we are married so you’re stuck with me. You’re not leaving” Sehun grabs his arm and situated him on the bed,”we’ll leave this hotel tomorrow and you’ll come home with me”

 

“I hate you!” Luhan shouted at Sehun before covering himself with the blanket and turning his back at Sehun. Sehun just stared at him, and minutes after, he heard nothing but Luhan’s steady breathing.

 

“Hate me, Lulu, so it will be easy for me to let you go once this is over” Sehun murmured and lie on the bed, hugging Luhan from behind.

 

 

 

The next day, Luhan woke up earlier than Sehun. It was already bright outside. He looked at the clock on the bedside table. It was already 12:30 p.m. He woke up to an awkward position. He was snuggling Sehun’s chest and Sehun has his arm around his waist. When Sehun pulled him close, Luhan blushed. He can’t help but wish for his every waking morning to be like this - to have Sehun close to him. But he knows that what he’s wishing for is impossible. Once Ren showed up, he will not be needed anymore and he will be left alone. He will be forgotten.

 

So, even with much regret, he moved away from Sehun and removed his arm.

 

“Luhan, Lulu” Sehun murmured in his sleep, a smile etch on his face. Luhan smiled at the sight,his heart fluttering and aching at the same time. He is happy thinking that Sehun’s dreaming of him but then, it pains him to think that Sehun will be back to treating him like a stranger once he is already awake. After givi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter