The Marriage

The Unwanted Groom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun has been in a relationship with Ren for 2 years already. They kept their relationship exclusive and closed for Ren simply is uncomfortable of the attention he will be receiving once Sehun, the youngest and the most sought business tycoon, revealed their relationship to the public. As per Ren’s request, Sehun decided that they will only announce that Sehun’s already off the market during their engagement. But that didn’t happen also. Ren suddenly told Sehun to cancel the announcement and wait until the day of their marriage. He told him that he can invite the press on their wedding day instead to get a scoop of the important even. Not one to turn Ren down, Sehun nodded his head yes. And today is that day. Sehun and Ren will finally be tying the knots and start a new life together. Or so he thought.

 

“What do you mean you can’t contact him?! Aren’t you just inside the same room with him an hour ago?! Did you know that the ceremony should have started 30 minutes ago?!” a furious Sehun shouted at the fragile Luhan in front of him. Luhan is already shaking because an angry Sehun is really one to be afraid of.

 

“i-I am b-but I went t-to check if everything’s in order and when I came back, his make-up a-artist told me that he went out to use the rest room a-and I tr-tried to contact him but it always we-went straight to the voicemail” Luhan explained, stuttering and cowering a bit more every passing second under Sehun’s gaze.

 

“Try calling him again then!” Sehun once again shouted. He was about to shout a bit more at Luhan when his phone suddenly rang, an unknown number flashing on his screen. Sehun calmed himself and accepted the call.

“Hello?”

 

“Se-sehun” the person on the other line said in a soft voice - a voice so painfully familiar to Sehun.

 

“Ren-ah,” Sehun replied, in a voice just as soft as Ren’s, “where are you?” Luhan, after hearing who Sehun is talking to stood straight, relieved.

 

“I’m sorry” Sehun was sure he heard Ren sob. The latte was crying, and he doesn’t know why but he is starting to get nervous of how this phone call will end.

 

“Why are you saying sorry, Ren-ah? Is it because you’re late? Hey, you don’t have to say sorry. It’s fine, really. Just come back here as fast as you can, hmm?” Sehun assured, in a voice so calm and soothing Luhan can’t believe he was the same person who was shouting at him minutes ago.

 

“I’m sorry, Sehun but I can’t go on with the wedding” was Ren’s heartbreaking reply. Sehun gripped his phone tightly.

 

“Wha-what do you mean you can’t go on with the wedding? Ren, if you’re trying to prank me then it’s not funny” Sehun tried his best to not let his voice broke and remain calm. Luhan, on the other hand, stood there frozen. What was Ren thinking? Or was he even thinking at all? Luhan want to snatch the phone from Sehun and shout at Ren but he opt not to. He just stood there, face pale.

 

“I-I can’t marry you, Sehun. I’m sorry” and then the line went dead.

 

“What did he say?” Luhan, though afraid Sehun will lash out on him, inquired. What surprised him though was when Sehun threw his phone at the wall, and if any, Luhan knew that their conversation didn’t went well.

 

“Ren’s not coming” Sehun stated in the coldest voice Luhan has ever heard, “he said he was sorry and he can’t go on with the wedding” Sehun sat on the couch at his side, his elbows placed on his knees and his palm pressed on his forehead.

 

“Sh-should I inform the g-guests?”

 

“No! Do anything but that! Just think of what would happen if everyone finds out that I get stood up during my wedding day! And to make things worst, the press are even here!” Sehun stood up and shouted again at Luhan and Luhan concluded that today should be proclaimed as the Shout at Luhan Day.

 

Sehun was about to shout at Luhan more when the room’s door suddenly opened and revealed Luhan’s and Sehun’s parents.

 

“We would just like to check out why the wedding ceremony’s not starting yet and we heard some shouting” Luhan’s mother started, “is there any problem?”

 

Luhan and Sehun remained silent. Luhan’s mother, knowing that Luhan can’t lie to them, turned to him and called his name.

 

“Luhan, dear, is there something we need to know? And why didn’t I see Ren at the other room? Where’s your brother, Luhan?”

 

“Uhm, I don’t know if I have the rights to tell you this but I’m afraid there won’t be any wedding to happen today” Luhan answered.

 

“Why? Did something happen to Ren?” Sehun’s mother inquired

 

“He ran away, he said he can’t go on with the wedding and I think we should just go and tell it to everyone. We shouldn’t let them wait any longer” Luhan can feel his voice getting softer every second.

 

“Oh dear, that is so not happening” Sehun’s mother proclaimed, “there has to be a wedding. We already caused a great trouble and we can’t let everyone down. They freed their schedule just to witness this wedding!” she added.

 

“So what do you suggest we do then?” Luhan’s father asked.

 

“Find someone to replace Ren” was Sehun’s mother’s reply

 

“But won’t the guest be shocked to see another groom walking down the aisle?” Sehun’s father asked.

 

“They don’t know who I would be marrying for we didn’t announce our relationship to the public so they won’t be shocked, Dad. Mom,I think your suggestion will work” Sehun said.

 

“So it’s settled then, we just need to find someone to act as Sehun’s groom” Sehun’s mother stated and Luhan swore that she eyed him intently.

 

“Okay, I’ll just went outside and find someone” was Sehun’s father’s reply.

 

“Oh no, sweetie, no need for that! Are you forgetting that there’s someone in this room who can be Sehun’s groom?”

 

Oh no. Luhan thought. She isn’t referring to me right? No, it can’t be!

 

“Luhan” his mother called him, “you will do this, right?”

 

“Uh, Mom, I don’t think it’s a good idea. I can look for someone if you want or call one of my friends instead, right?”

 

“We don’t have much time left. I know the guests are growing impatient every second so Luhan, you don’t have a choice, we’re marrying each other” Sehun stated firmly and Luhan felt all colors on his face being drained.

 

What the actual ?

 

 

After a long and tiring day of pretending and faking smiles, Luhan is now in a honeymoon suite of Seoul’s finest hotel, thinking of how to get outside of this room without being caught because the idea of staying inside the same room with Sehun doesn’t seem to enticing to Luhan. But he knows trying to escape is futile, Sehun’s just outside the door and he knows he cannot use the windows as an escape route. Their room is on the top floor and being an acrophobic person, Luhan knows he won’t make it to the ground floor alive. Luhan laid on his back, just staring at the ceiling, reminiscing all the things that had happened today. He remembered walking down the aisle, with all the guests staring at him and cooing at how ethereal he looked in his pristine white suit adorned with a blue necktie and a rose on his pocket. He remembered their wedding vows and how it sounded so real.

 

“We’ve known each other for almost 4 years now. When I first met you, I know that you’ll be the person I’ll be waiting for in front of the church altar. I know you’re the only person I want to hold hands with, cuddle with, kiss and exchange sweet nothings with. I want to spend the rest of my life with someone as ethereal and pure as you and I know you feel the same, too. So, Luhan from this day forward, believ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter