Chapter Two

Rewrite The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal.

I woke up early to help my mother prepare a breakfast. We brewed coffee, fry eggs and bacon and cooked garlic rice. I was setting up the dining table when Mr. and Mrs. Kim - Jongin's parents - arrived at the dining room. "Good morning, Sir. Good morning, Madam." I bowed in respect and greeted them. My mother did the same. It was one of their rules. 'Rule #1. Keep in mind that you are a maid and we are your bosses. Always show us some respect and honesty.' I can still remember how serious Mrs. Kim was when she said those words. I'll never forget about that golden rule. Though they might be strict, the benefits, perks and help they gave me and my mother made our stay worth it. They gave us a house, clothing and monthly groceries on top of my mother's monthly salary. They are paying for my studies, that's why I'm able to go to a prestigious school. They also give me monthly allowance which I save in my bank account. We're so grateful for everything we have now and so my mother and I promised to served them with respect and integrity...

Integrity.

My heart started to beat fast. I feel anxious and worried suddenly. I'm afraid getting caught but I can't help it. I'm in love with Jongin so much that I'm willing to take all the risks. "You're going to school today, Soojung?" I heard Mrs. Kim said and I nodded with a small smile.

"I have exam for a major subject today, Madam." I replied politely and served them coffee.

"What's your course again?" She followed up and I informed her that I'm taking up Bachelor of Arts in Theater Arts. "Oh. That's nice. So you want to become a theater actress?"

"Yes, Madam---"

"Good morning!" Jongin enters the dining room, we made an eye contact for a few seconds before I realized that I had to greet him as usual.

"Good morning, Young Master." I bowed in respect. Of course, I had to show the same respect to Mr. and Mrs. Kim's only son.

Jongin winked at me when our eyes meet again but I kept a blank face, careful not to show any feelings toward him. After all, I'm just a daughter of their maid. His parents would never accept me as his girlfriend.

"It's Saturday. Are you going somewhere?" Mr. Kim asked Jongin as he took a sip on his coffee.

Jongin quickly glanced at me first before replying to his father. "Yep. I'm going to school today."

"Why?" Mrs. Kim asked and I silently served Jongin his coffee. "Son, can you please cancel any plans you have fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter