Chapter Nine

Rewrite The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal.

I looked up to him, trying to see if he was just joking. Did I heard it right? He looked serious right now. Is he telling me the truth? When Jongin didn't laughed nor took back his words, I knew he wasn't lying. "That's great, babe!" I said quite excitedly. I got up and sat down, keeping the blanket up to cover my body. "That's great news, Jongin! You really should go for it." I encouraged him, hoping that he would grab this opportunity. Jongin has an amazing talent when it comes to singing and dancing, he could even rap as well! I just knew he would pass the audition if only he would give himself a chance. "Can you tell me more about it? Was there an open audition at school?" I asked, too curious about it.

"When we performed last Saturday... One of the panel of judges is actually from SM Entertainment." I heard him say. Oh. My. Gosh. Really now? We were not informed about it! "They said they loved our performance and would like me to audition." He added and I could feel tears of joy building up in my eyes. I pulled him into a tight hug. Finally, Jongin is starting to go out of his comfort zone. I really want him to pursue what makes him happy. I know that performing and showcasing his talent makes him happy.

"That's really good to hear, babe. I will support you on this." I said, smiling at him before kissing his lips.

Jongin kisses back and we lie on the bed, finding ourselves making love for the second time around.

Jaehyun.

It was already 10 in the evening when I reached the corner of the street. I made a light turn towards left, seeing a familiar figure watching as the black mercedes drives away. I knew it. It was Soojung. "Hey." I greeted her, stopping my car right beside her. She immediately smiled back upon realizing it was me. "Is that him?" I asked, knowing the one who's driving was her boyfriend.

Soojung nodded her head. "I'm sorry for the way he acted at the cafe." She said and I wanted to brush away her apology. I understand why her boyfriend behaved that way. Soojung is a beautiful lady. It isn't shocking if any guy would have crush on her. Her boyfriend was just being too protective of her.

"It's fine. Nothing to worry about, really." I replied and smiled to make her feel that I'm okay.

"Jaehyun?" My eyes shifted from Soojung to the owner of that familiar voice. It was my older sister, Ji Hyun. She just got home from the hospital. "Hey, Jaehyun---" Oh no. Here she comes with that weird look on her face. "Is this her? Is she your girlfriend, huh?" Ji Hyun was scanning Soojung's body from head to toe. "Not bad, Jae. Not bad---"

I stepped outside my car immediately, quite embarrased that Soojung had to be stuck in this kind of situation. "Unnie---"

"Um, I'm not his girlfriend, Ma'am." Soojung softly said, making Ji Hyun look at me with her weird face once again. I rolled my eyes lightly, crossing my arms across my chest.

"That's right. She's not my girlfriend. She lives next door, at Song's house." I explained and Ji Hyun crosses her arms as well.

"Alright. I'm sorry. I just thought my little brother had finally found someone to love and will love him with an unconditional love---" I had to stop and cover Ji Hyun's mouth. I let out an awkward smile at Soojung and I saw her replied back with a soft chuckle.

For the first time ever, I felt the world stopped moving. I could only see her. Her beautiful smile. I could feel my heart... My heart is beating fast. What is this feeling?

"Hmp--- Let me go!" Ji Hyun harshly removed my hand off of and she breathe out, fixing her hair as she smiled at Soojung. "Oh well, since you're Jae's 'friend', and I barely see him making any friends... Would you like to have dinner with us? It's too late to have dinner right now, maybe we could tomorrow night or anytime you're free, I guess?"

Soojung flashed another smile and nodded her head. "Sure."

"See you then." Ji Hyun smiled and pulled Soojung to kiss her cheek. "My name's Ahn Ji Hyun by the way." She introduced herself and offered a hand.

"Soojung. Jung Soojung." She replied and took my older sister's hand.

Ji Hyun smiled at her and pulled her into a hug. "It was nice meeting you, Soojung. I hope you and Jae will work it out together---"

"Ji Hyun unnie!" Alright, I'm annoyed now. But my older sister obviously do not care. She continued to tease me and finally said good bye.

"I really have to go inside. Let's have dinner together when you're free, okay?" Ji Hyun reminded Krystal and the latter nodded her head, even raising her right hand as a sign of promise. Ji Hyun went ahead and I looked at Soojung, meeting her eyes as she glanced back at me.

"I'm embarrassed. I'm really sorry for how my sister behaved. They get excited whenever they see me with a girl." I explained and Soojung just laughed at me. Here I am again, amused by the beauty of her face, her smile and now her laughs. What's happening with me?

"It's fine. I actually find her cute and nice." Soojung replied and I just nodded in reply. "Um, I think I'm gonna have to go." She added and I nodded again, telling her we better should get inside our houses. "Good night, Jaehyun." She smiled at me one last time before turning her back on me to get inside the house. I watched as she gets in, placing my hand above my chest, feeling my heart beat. What is this feeling?

Kai.

I just got home. As usual, my mother is waiting for me in the living room. I had no intentions of arguing with her but she stopped me by asking for my car keys. Really, now? I sighed in frustration, grabbing the car keys in my pocket and placed it over the coffee table. "This doesn't bother me at all, mom. You can take everything you want, but I will never leave Soojung." With that, I decided to turn around to walk to my room when she spoke in a warning tone.

"I will cancel all your credit cards if you won't stop seeing that woman." She said, her voice was low but it was filled with anger.

"You may also cancel me from being the heir of Kim Industries, mom. She's the woman I want to marry and I will marry her. You and dad won't be able to stop me." I replied with the same amount of anger in my tone. I walked out as usual, ignoring my mother as she calls my name. I will ace that audition tomorrow. Once I get in, once I get famous, once I get income out of performing in a KPop group, I will be able to provide for Soojung. I will work hard for this.

I locked up myself in my room, throwing my bag aside and laid down on the bed. It was a really long day. I took my phone out of my pocket, calling Soojung's phone number. I wanted to hear her voice. I wanted to hear her cheering for me as it gives me strength and motivation to continue pursuing what my real passion is. "Hello? Babe?" She answered over the line and I automatically smiled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter