Chapter Seven

Rewrite The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai.

I hurriedly went downstairs, walking straight towards the door when my mother called my name. I stopped but didn't turn around to face them. "I'm warning you, Jongin. You better stop having an affair with that girl or else---"

"Or else what, mom?" I cut her off, my voice sounded annoyed. I was still mad at her for slapping Soojung's face. "I love Soojung. You have the choice to accept it or just forget that I am your son." I walked away, completely ignoring them. I headed towards my car and drove to Mrs. Song's house. I could see Aunt Mi-Kyung watering the plants and I smiled at her. She replied a plain nod, but didn't say anything. Is she mad at me? I wanted to start a conversation with her but I figured it was not the right time.

"You're early." I heard Soojung's voice and I immediately shifted my attention towards her, replying with a cheeky smile. "Here." She handed me over a brown paper bag and I reluctantly took it. "I made you a breakfast so you better eat it." She said before giving me her sweet smile. I realized, them moving out of the house isn't so bad after all. At least I get to drive her now to school every day. "Let's go?" She asked and I nodded, waving Aunt Mi-Kyung, Mr. and Mrs. Song a goodbye.

---

I thought everything will be okay.

I sighed inwardly as I listen to Mr. Choi, the university's Head Director, explain the reason why Soojung is no longer a student here. Apparently, my parents had withdraw their sponsorship for Soojung's tuition. They also warned him that they will pull out their shares if they allow me or anyone to sponsor Soojung. "I'm really sorry, Ms. Jung. I want to let you know that you're one of our top students here and as much as I want to help you..." Mr. Choi stopped and sighed, it was obvious that he was having a hard time dealing with this issue. "You need to understand that Mr. and Mrs. Kim is one of the major stockholders of this university. They're basically the lifeline of our school. I'm really sorry---"

" that---"

"It's okay, Mr. Choi." I glared at Soojung as she finally spoke. But she was speaking nonsense. How come it's okay? This is not okay. It was just a few months before graduation, I could sponsor her and talk to my parents about it and yet she's saying that it's okay? What? She's going to just accept it and not graduate? "I understand." I stood up and walked out, slamming the door real hard. Is this really happening? Why is she allowing this to happen? Our friends asked me how did the conversation go but I remained quiet. I don't want to say anything at the moment. I might not be able to control my tongue and say something stupid.

Soojung walked out from Mr. Choi's office, tears were visible in her eyes. She looked at me and I couldn't help myself from rolling my eyes. Oh now you're going to cry? This is bull. "I hope you'll understand that this is the price I have to pay for choosing to fight for you, Jongin." Soojung said, her voice was soft and I couldn't hear any hint of anger in her tone. "I'll be fine. I'm not going to give up just because I won't be able to graduate. You're more important than any diploma of any school has to offer." I looked at her, tears were now streaming down her face. "I'm fine, Jongin---" And as if on cue, I immediately grabbed her and wrapped her in my arms tightly.

"I'm sorry, Soojung..." I mumbled, trying my best to be her comfort right now.

Krystal.

"I'm still wondering who would post this on the internet?" Amber wondered, staring at the blog post about me and Jongin. We were at the cafe were I'm currently working as a part-timer. We're looking at the blog and it was posted by a username royalblood, it doesn't have a picture or any other details about the author. "But I believe that he or she is someone we know." She added. "Someone who possibly attended Sungkyung's party!"

I looked at Jongin. Amber may be right. But what is the motive behind all this? Who would do such a thing? I don't recall having an enemy. "It doesn't matter who posted that blog." Jongin sighed. "The damage has been done. What else can we do?" He's right. It won't make any more sense even if we found out who did it. "But if I did found out... I swear I'll make him pay for it." Jongin added. I breathe deeply, moving my hand to hold his.

"That's enough." I said softly. "I think his parents would still reacted the same way even if there was no blog at all." I added, knowing that there was truth in my words.

"What are you going to do now?" Victoria asked and I'm sure they all knew what my answer would be.

I shrugged my shoulders, trying to smile even though it hurts me a lot. "I guess I just have to deal with it." I answered, my voice sounding a bit crack and there were a few tears building up in my eyes. I ignored the pain though. I didn't want them to pity me. I didn't want them to feel bad for me. It was a choice to fight for my relationship with Jongin. I may feel sad, I'll definitely will cry, but I won't give up. I looked at my wristwatch and can see it's almost 1pm. They need to be back at school before their lunch break is over. I stood up and grabbed my things. "You guys should go. I'll just stay here and do overtime work. I'm going to need it." I smiled and looked at Jongin, giving him a warm and tight hug before kissing him on his lips. "Be good at school, okay?" I playfully warned him.

"Don't worry, Soojung. We'll watch over him." Sulli said and I watched as they fix their stuff and carried their bags.

Jongin moved closer to me, whispering words that gives me strength at time like this. "Don't overwork yourself, okay? I'll drive you home later. Wait for me." He kissed my cheek before walking away with our friends.

Finally. I'm all alone.

I locked myself up in one of the cubicles inside the washroom, covering my mouth with my hand, I let myself cry. I'm almost there. It was just a few more months to go and I'll finally graduate. I'll be able to find a decent job, saved up and have my mom stop from working. But everything is now gone.

Is it worth it? I think so. I want to believe that it is worth it. That someday, if God would permit it, I will be able to graduate too.

Gosh... All those hard work... I don't want to feel bad about it but I just can't help it. Mom would be very upset. I wiped my tears away, but tears continued to flow down my eyes. "Sorry, mom..." I whispered in pain.

Kai.

It was already 5 in the afternoon. Classes are over, I m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter