Chapter Ten

Rewrite The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai.

I passed. I still couldn't believe that I passed the audition. I will be able to perform in front of many people, I will be able to earn money on my own doing the things I like to do. I will be able to provide for Soojung.

I breathe out, a smile never leaving my face. I requested for another ride with Uber, heading straight to the cafe where I know I would find her.

---

"She's not here."

What? The smile on my face slowly faded. "What do you mean she's not here?" I asked worriedly.

"I guess you have no idea about what happened yesterday. Your mother came here to talk to Soojung. They had an argument and your mother warned me that she'll do everything she can to tear my business down if I won't fire Soojung. I had to do it. I'm sorry." The manager explained and I find myself wanting to just punch him in the face.

I stopped myself though, realizing that he was not at fault. Just like our school's head director, this man is just afraid of losing his small business. I step back and left the cafe instead. I took my phone out of my pocket and immediately called Soojung's number. Where is she? I don't understand why she kept it a secret. What? For me not to worry? I breath out, the ringing just went on and on. I bit on my lower lip, trying to look for Soojung and called her number again. "Great. So you're not answering my calls now." I'm getting impatient and worried. I kept walking and when I saw a familiar figure at a convenience store, I knew it was her. She was having her favorite ramen and finally, she answered her phone.

"Babe? How are you? Did you passed your audition?"

I inwardly sighed, watching her from where I stand. I tried to keep my cool and asked her, "Where are you, babe?"

Soojung was not able to answer me for a moment. I could see her wiping her eyes and it breaks my heart to see her in pain. I hate it when I see her crying. And the fact that she's crying because of me makes everything even more painful. "Um, I'm at the cafe. Of course. I'm um, I'm just taking a quick break." She replied, her voice sounded cracked. "Hey, enough of me. How was your audition?" She changed the topic and I sighed. 

"I passed." I replied and I could see her smiling in pure joy. Aish, this girl. I wonder how could she still smile as if everything is okay.

"Congratulations, babe! I knew you'd passed the audition! Oh my, I'm so excited! We need to celebrate! Where are you right now?" Soojung replied excitedly. She stuffed some noodles in and I find it cute. Oh Soojung...

"I'm here, watching you eat your ramen." I said and I could see her stopping from eating her food.

"W-What? W-Where---"

Soojung turned around and saw me. I waved my hand and ended the call. Within seconds, I'm already sitting beside her. "Why did you lied to me?" I asked, though my voice didn't sound mad. Soojung was speechless and I let her be for a moment. "I already know. I went straight to the cafe after my audition."

"Jongin..." Tears started to build in Soojung's eyes and I wiped them all gently. I pulled her close to me and wrapped my arms around her. "I'm sorry. I didn't want to worry you." She explained and I sighed, lightly patting her back.

"From now on, we'll keep no secrets from each other, okay? Tell me everything that's happening to you. I want to know all the reasons for your smile, tears, anger and worry." I said softly and Soojung looked up to me. I smiled at her and placed a light kiss on her forehead. She promised to tell me everything that's happening to her starting today. "I know you'll keep your promise. Let's go celebrate."

---

We went to our favorite restaurant and ordered our favorite meals. We talked about my audition and Soojung promised to support me no matter what. It felt nice to have a girlfriend like her. She was the one who pushed and encouraged me to go for my dreams.

"Mr. Kim, I'd like to let you know that your credit card was declined." The restaurant's manager said and I looked at him quite seriously.

"Declined? Why would it be declined? I haven't reached my credit limit." I asked and took my wallet, giving him another credit card to try. But just like the first one, he said that the transaction didn't go through. There's only one reason why my cards are not working. I know my parents had it cancelled. .

I wanted to stay calm but I'm starting to worry. I don't have any cash and I didn't want Soojung to pay for our meals. I stood up, trying to think of another way when I saw Sungkyung having lunch with her friends. "Babe. I'll just pay---"

"No." I firmly said and signalled for her to wait for me. "I'll be right back, okay? Just stay there." Then I went over to Sungkyung's table and excused her for a minute. "I'm sorry but I really need your help. I promise I'll pay you back. I, please understand. I never let Soojung pay for our meals. I mean, I'm the guy---"

"I understand, don't worry." Sungkyung replied with a smile. Then she called for the manager's attention and told him that our bill's on her. I breathe out, finding myself pulling Sungkyung into a hug. "Woah---"

I quickly let her go. "I'm really thankful for your help. I promise I'll pay you back---"

"I don't actually need your money, Jongin." Sungkyung replied.

"Then I'll make it up to you. I promise." I replied with a grin, excusing myself and went back to our table. I see Soojung smiling at Sungkyung and we left the restaurant.

---

It was early in the afternoon and we both continued our day by going on a date. For the first time ever, I didn't have the means to take her to elegant places or to buy her expensive stuff. We spend the whole afternoon walking and eating some street foods instead (which she insisted on paying). We took lots of pictures and we feel happy, truly enjoying the company of each other. I've realized that it was possible to go on a date, to actually have fun with someone that you love even if you have a limited budget. I always wanted to give Soojung the very best. But today, she made me feel that even a simple thing could worth the best because it came from your loveone. "I love you." I whispered to her while we were on a bus. She looked at me and I took the chance to kiss her on her lips. "I promise I will work hard for us." I said and I held her hand, kissing the back of her palm.

"I love you too. And I promise I will support you every step of the way." I heard Soojung replied and I let her rest her head on my shoulder.

---

It was almost 6pm when we arrived in front of their house. Soojung asked me not to go inside. It seems that her mother is still upset with our relationship. As much as I want to assure her that I will never leave her daughter, I knew that letting her be for a while is the best thing to do right now. "I have to go now. I need to go to SM tomorrow for the orientatio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter