Chapter Three

Rewrite The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai.

I was hoping for a reply, but Soojung kept shut. She didn't spoke a word the entire drive to school. She didn't even looked nor glanced at me. Is she serious about leaving me? What did I do wrong? Why is she giving up all of a sudden? I wanted to hear some answers but I received none.

I sighed deeply, I kept my eyes in front. It's been almost what? 8? 10 minutes since we arrived here in school. We're still inside the car, we're still not talking to each other. I let my back rest on my seat, finally bringing my eyes to look at her to see if she's fine. "...Babe." I couldn't help but call her our endearment. I made sure I sounded sweet and gentle. "Talk to me." I tried to reach for her hand but I stopped when Soojung looked at me. She wasn't glaring so I'm sure she's not mad or angry at me. But her eyes... It shows sadness and tears. It breaks my heart seeing her like this and so I immediately wiped her tears away. "Tell me what bothers you." I said, careful in wiping her tears. "Soojung, you're the only woman I will marry." I've added when she remained silent. "We've been together for almost four years. Please don't throw everything we've built. A few more months, after graduation, once we have stable jobs already, we'll both be free. That's what we've promised each other, right?" I tried to reassure and remind her. But still, Soojung didn't say a word. "Don't stop fighting for us, babe---"

"Are we really fighting for our relationship, Jongin?" Finally. Soojung replied, her voice sounded stern. "How can you say you're fighting for something you're actually hiding?" I let her talk her feelings out. I can understand where she's coming from. However, things are just too complicated now. "Do you know how it feels?" Soojung broke down. She cried and as much as I want to stop her, I know it would make her feel okay if she'd voice out her thoughts. "Do you know how it feels when you deny me as your girlfriend? Do you know how it feels when someone flirts with you because they don't ing know you're already taken? Do you know how it feels when I had to step outside your car because we've arrived in your house, and I had to get out because no one, none in your family, neither mine should know that we're in love with each other?" She paused to bite her lower lip, I knew she's trying to stop herself from crying too much so that I would understand whatever she wants to say. "Do you know how it feels? How guilty I am to lie to your parents? To lie to my mom? I'm scared, Jongin! I'm scared that we might get caught. That sooner or later, our relationship will be over---" She brought her hands to her face and without hesitation, I pulled her into a tight hug. I knew it was the time for me to keep quiet and just let myself be here for her. I softly patted her on the back, combing her soft red hair using my fingers.

After a few more minutes, it seemed Soojung was able to cry all her tears. She pulled herself off of my hug, taking the handkerchief I've handed her. "Thanks." She replied softly, wiping her face to fix herself up. "We have to go. It's almost 8." I heard Soojung said, her voice sounded quite cold, she took out her phone and all of a sudden, she stopped from stepping outside my car. Slowly, worry registered on her face and I was curious why. "Sh*t." She cursed and as I peak, I saw her searching for a phone number.

"What is it?" I asked but as usual, Soojung ignored me. I frowned, getting quite annoyed already. "Babe---"

"Shhh! I need to call Amber." She finally found Amber's phone number and immediately pressed on the call button. "Hello! What happened? Why isn't he coming?" I can only watch as the two talk over the line. "What?! Of all days, he choose to get sick now? What about our performance?" Soojung signalled me to move, she immediately went o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter