[Bad Boy]

selective.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Bad Boy]

 

 

Since the day Yeri skipped school, Wendy kept an eye on her during school hours. In the morning, she watched her come at school from her office. The floor-to-ceiling windows made it easier for Wendy to spy on students. Also, when she was on a break. Wendy would walk around the corridors, trying not to make too obvious the fact that she was searching for Yeri.

 

Yeri was doing fine. Normal behaviour. She had lots of friends, and that made Wendy happy.

 

Wendy knew each one of her friends, she was the headmistress after all. But what bothered her was the fact that Yeri had been hanging out with a certain someone way more than she did with others.

 

This certain someone was the only student Wendy didn't trust.

 

Kris. The bad boy.

 

Kris had a dark past and Wendy didn't want Yeri doing anything with him. The two looked so close, though, and it angered Wendy. They came together at school, they ate together, they were always together. They were even in the same class.

 

It was a Friday morning when Wendy last saw her coming at school with him. She stood up from her swivel chair and walked closer to the big glass windows to take a better look.

 

They walked hand in hand. Wendy grumbled under her breath. She crossed her arms, "They seem to be pretty good friends," She said mostly to convince herself.

 

It looked pretty innocent. Like an innocent friendship. Friends could hold hands- Wait a minute,

 

"Did they just kiss?"

 


-

 


Everyday after work, Irene lay down on the comfortable couch reading books and watching talk shows - no communication with friends for a few hours. That Friday wasn't an exception.

 

Irene lay on the old couch again. She searched the untidy room for someone to speak to. Nobody was there. She was solitary, alone. Yeri left about an hour ago. She went to Seulgi's house to watch a movie with Wendy and her. Irene didn't feel like joining them, she was extra tired that day.

 

A cooking show played on the TV, making Irene hungry. She decided to make something to eat.

 

Before she could enter the kitchen, the door knocked. Irene looked at the time; it was kinda early for Yeri to return home.

 

"Did she forget her keys?" She turned the doornob and opened the door.

 

"Wendy?"

 

In front of her stood the blonde headmistress. Irene was surprised to see her, but was even more surprised with her expression. Wendy was usually accompanied with a greeting smile, so that's what Irene expected to see, but none came. Instead Wendy's mouth remained an uncharacteristic grim line amid her stubble.

 

"We need to talk."

 


-

 


It was her first day at the new school so obviously she was a bit nerovus, everyone was looking at her, their eyes were judging if she was going to be one of the popular kids or an outcast. The hallways seemed busier, the students and the teachers seemed more friendly.

 

Finally, the lunch bell rang and she was freed from the history class she found way too easy and kinda boring. She slung her backpack over her shoulder and picked up her map, determined to find the cafeteria without help. Big football players raced past her in an effort to get their lunch first and cliques of cheerleaders clotted the stairs.

 

As she walked into the lunchroom alone, looking desperately for an empty table, someone tapped my shoulder. "You look lonely," she smiled at Yeri, a bright smile that made her day a thousand times better.

 

"Would you like to eat with me?" Yeri smiled back and accepted her offer with a nod. Later that day she found out that the girl's name was Saeron. Saeron had a friend called Nayeon, who was also very kind and cute. It took Yeri just a few days to say a few words to them and less than a month to start talking normally to them.

 

It was a big progress, she had never felt so comfortable with someone that quickly.

 

One day, not long after she met them, they invited her at a party. Yeri hesitated but agreed at the end. Nayeon and Saeron gave Yeri the confidence she never had. They all put their best clothes on and headed to the club.

 

Her mum was going to go crazy. The music was so loud that it made her skin tingle and her lungs feel like mush. The bass thumped in time with her heart beat as though they were one, filling her from head to toe with music. She liked that song. Over the roar of music, a distant, hazy chatter could be heard. She couldn’t make out any words, but laughter rang in her ears and wouldn’t seem to stop. The song that was playing got louder, pulling her in and wouldn’t let go.

 

Yeri didn't expect to see so many familiar faces. Basically, all her classmates were there.

 

But only one of them caught her attention.

 

"He's looking at you,"

 

"He's so hot,"

 

"He's coming!"

 

Her two friends couldn't stop talking about him. Indeed, he was looking at her, like she was his prey. He stood up from the couch he had been sitting on and walked closer to her. His eyes never left her. He passed the dancing crowd and stood in front of her.

 

"Hey, there," He said with a deep voice. Yeri couldn't hear the loud music anymore. His voice was the only thing that ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter