[Movie Night]

selective.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Movie Night]

 

 

"Mum, I'm hungry," Was the first thing Yeri said when she entered the house after school.

 

Irene turned to face her from the couch she had been lying on. She adjusted her round specs, "Food's ready," She stood up and placed the book she had been reading on the table.

 

"How was school today?" Irene asked as she walked in the kitchen and placed a plate full of food in front of the hungry girl.

 

"Nice, I guess." Yeri wasted no time to dig in the plate. Irene stayed quiet and watched her eat. When Yeri was hungry, she couldn't think of anything but food. Irene had already eaten a few minutes ago.

 

"Is it tasty?" She asked earning a nod from Yeri. Irene was a good cook, that was a fact. Yeri would never say no to any kind of food her mother made. The young girl emptied her plate in no time. She stood up and put the empty plate in the sink, "I'm gonna study now," She said even though her mother already knew. That's what she always did. Eat, study, sleep.

 

"Wait," Irene stopped her from stepping into her room, "Seulgi invited us to her house tonight. We're gonna watch a movie or something." Irene gave her a small smile.

 

Yeri loved Seulgi a lot, she would never decline such an offer.

 

"Um, I won't join you."

 

Scratch that.

 

"What? Why?" Irene didn't expect such an answer. Yeri would always finish her homework around six and then help her with house work or watch a movie with her. Nothing could make her say no to a movie night with her favorite unnie.

 

Yeri fidgeted while looking at the floor. Irene knew Yeri like the back of her hand. She knew exactly what movements her daughter did when she was happy, sad, tired, nervous.

 

Yeri was nervous, Irene noticed, but didn't know why. She stepped closer to her, waiting for an answer.

 

"There's a party going on tonight, and some girls asked me to go with them."

 

Irene stayed silent. For some reason a feeling of unease had come into her stomach. Yeri had never mentioned any girls before. And she never refused to meet Seulgi. Heck, she didn't even go to parties!

 

"What girls," Irene tried not to sound too aggressive or cold but it looked like she failed because Yeri took a step back.

 

"Saeron and Nayeon."

 

"I don't know them," Irene clenched her fists without even noticing.

 

"Yeah, because I met them a few days ago," Yeri shrugged, "Imma go study now," Yeri backed away carefully, with slow steps.

 

"Where is the party happening," Irene once again stopped her from getting into her room.

 

"At a club."

 

"A club?" Irene sat on the couch and crossed her arms, "There's no way I'm letting you go to a club."

 

"Mum, it's a club for teenagers, don't worry, I'll be fine."

 

Irene stared into space for what looked like hours before asking, "Will there be alcohol?" Yeri opened and closed it again, making Irene raise an eyebrow. She let an angry sigh escape through her nostrils. Of course there would be alcohol. It was a teen party.

 

"I'll be with Saeron and Nayeon all the time, we'll protect each other, we won't drink anything. Please, let me go, mum."

 

And here comes the puppy face. Yeri knew Irene would never say no to those eyes.

 

"Please," She begged.

 

"Be back by 10:30pm."

 

Yeri jumped in her mother's arms, "Thank you! You're the best!"

 

"Yeah, yeah," Irene tried her best not to hug her back. She had to look tough. "Don't be late," Irene said after Yeri broke the hug.

 

"I won't be, don't worry." The young girl gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and ran into her room, leaving her alone in the big leaving room.

 

When the room's door closed shut, Irene let her whole body lie down on the couch. She lay there, looking at the ceiling, "Why am I so easy to persuade..." She sighed, "She's growing too fast..."

 

She knew she was exaggerating. Yeri was sixteen years old, she was mature enough to go to a party alone. Yeri was smart, she wouldn't drink, and even if she did, it wouldn't be too much. At least that's what Irene hoped. She closed her eyes and let all the bad thoughts go away, before grabbing her phone.

 

"Hello?" She heard Seulgi's voice right after calling her number.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter