[Meeting]

selective.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Meeting]

 

 

"How was school today, sweetie?"

 

"It was great! I love the food there."

 

"The food?"

 

"Yeah,"

 

Irene almost facepalmed, "What about the students and the teachers?"

 

Yeri seemed deep in thought, "I like the Biology teacher,"

 

"Biology is your favorite subject,"

 

"It is! But miss Park makes it even more interesting than it already is."

 

"Miss Park,"

 

"Yes, she's awesome."

 

"If you say so. How about your classmates, though. Are they treating you alright?"

 

"Yeah, I guess."

 

"You guess?" Irene tilted her head like a puppy, a habit of hers. Yeri shook her head, "I didn't really talk to anyone yet. I ate lunch with a few girls but I think they find me creepy."

 

Irene let an audible 'oh' and walked closer to the girl, who was sitting on the bed, doing her homework.

 

"It's okay. You've been there for less than two weeks. I'm sure you'll find a friend later."

 

"Yeah..." Yeri focused on the book in her hands. Irene sat on the bed, "What are you studying?"

 

"Maths."

 

Irene nodded mostly to herself. She was very proud of her daughter. She had grown up under difficult circumstances but still managed to be the best in school. It was difficult. Irene's job was mediocre and the money she got was only enough for the most necessary stuff. Yeri was a strong girl.

 

"Study hard." Irene whispered and stood up, not before leaving a kiss on the girl's forehead.

 

"Oh, mum wait,"

 

Irene halted in her steps, "Yes?"

 

Yeri stood up after taking a small paper out of her purple folder, "Wendy gave this to us," Irene took the paper in her hands, "Don't call her Wendy. She's not your friend, she's your headmistress."

 

"Yeah, but she's Seulgi unnie's sister."

 

"That doesn't mean anything. You will call her miss Wendy."

 

Yeri rolled her eyes, "Okay, okay," She waved a lazy hand. Irene gave her a look and opened the folded paper.

 

"Now, what is this,"

 

Parent Meeting.

 

"They have a meeting for parents this Friday at school to update you on school matters or something like that."

 

"I see," Irene's eyes fell on the hour of the meeting written in bold,

 

19:00pm.

 

Thankfully, she didn't have work on Friday evenings. "Alright," She folded the paper again, "I'll be there. 19:00pm sharp."

 

 


-

 

 


"Damn it,"

 

It was 19:00pm already. She grabbed her coat, kissed Yeri goodbye and left.

 

"Why do I always have to be late?"

 

The mother grumbled. The school was fifteen minutes far from their house. Ten minutes if she ran. So, that's what she did. She ran.

 

19:05pm.

 

"," Irene rarely sweared but when she did, it was at times like these.

 

After a few minutes of running, stopping to catch her breath, and running again, she reached the school gates.

 

"Finally." She whispered, out of breath. Taking a few more seconds to catch her breath and fix her messy hair and clothes, she knocked the door of the classroom, where the meeting was supposed to take place.

 

19:15pm.

 

Great.

 

It was only the first meeting and she had already messed up. What would the other parents think of her?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter