Prologue

selective.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Prologue]

 

 

"I'm home," Yeri said in a small voice, "Mum?" She stepped further into the house. She found her mother in the kitchen, holding a bowl in her hands.

 

"You're home!" The mother, Irene, left everything aside and ran to hug her precious daughter.

 

"How was school?" Irene cupped the girl's cheeks. She noticed her puffy eyes. Her mood dropped. "Have you been crying again?"

 

The young girl nodded.

 

"What happened, sweetie?" She brought the girl closer for a hug.

 

"The boys..." Yeri teared up. Irene hugged her tighter. She didn't have to finish the sentence, the mother already knew.

 

"It's been so long since they last did it..." She broke the hug and searched the girl's body for any injuries. Only a few scratches on her arms were visible.

 

"Come here." Irene grabbed the rubbing alcohol from the cupboard next to the oven.

 

"No..." The girl whispered and hid her hands behind her back. Irene sighed Yeri always refused to do so.

 

"It's for your own good, Yeri, please." She softly took the kid's hands in hers.

 

"Ouch!" The girl jerked.

 

"Stay still," Irene held her hands tightly.

 

"But it hurts," Yeri pouted, tensing from the pain.

 

"I'm sorry," Irene brought the girl's hands close to her lips and kissed them tenderly. Yeri looked at her treated wounds. They would definitely leave a scar.

 

"Seulgi's coming later tonight. I'll be at work."

 

Yeri gave her a small smile. She really liked Seulgi unnie.

 

"Wanna help me finish this cake?" The mother pointed at the same bowl she was holding a few minutes ago.

 

"Yes!" The little girl's face brightened. She never said no to a cake. Baking cake was the default activity in their house, she couldn't imagine how they never weighed three hundred pounds each.

 

Irene baked with more precision than a NASA engine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter