chapter 3

Violet eyes

“And we were wondering,” Junhui started, “If you would want to be a part of it?” 

Minghao’s eyes grew wide. 

“What?” 

“Whoa whoa whoa.” Seungcheol said. “I think we should talk about this a little more.” Junhui rolled his eyes. 

“He is the probably last telepathic dragon. Need I repeat the last. Come on look at him.” Junhui said, gesturing to Minghao. “He’s probably homeless and look at how skinny he is.” The blonde boy said, lifting one of Minghao’s arms to stress his point. “He has mud all over him. He probably hasn't had a bath for years.” Minghao felt his hair. There was indeed mud caked on his hair. He shifted awkwardly under everyone's gaze. 

“Alright fine.” Seungcheol said with a firm tone. “Anyone who doesn't want him to join raise your hand and state your reason.” He said, mumbling quietly. 

“Wait.” Soonyoung blurted. “Have you even asked him wants to join?” Pointing to Minghao, who was looking confused at the whole ordeal. Junhui but his lip and looked at the ground, embarrassed. 

“You didn't ask him?!” Seungcheol roared. “You can't just force someone to be part of the damn team!” 

“I know.” Junhui said, kicking the ground. “I guess I forgot?” Junhui shrugged. Seungcheol groaned and turned to Minghao. 

“Would you like to part of seventeen? Since some idiot forgot to ask.” Minghao thought for a moment. He was scared of the dangers that it could possibly involve. Though it would probably be better than living on the street. 

“Would there be a living space?” Minghao asked, firstly worried about his basic needs. 

“Yes with a usable bathroom and we usually cook something.” Minghao nodded. “But we would have to buy clothes for you since you can't be wearing the same thing all the time.” Minghao’s eyebrows raised in surprise. 

“You would buy me clothes?” Minghao asked and Seungcheol nodded. 

“Ok. I’ll do it.” Minghao said firmly. 

“Ok.” Seungcheol said turning towards the building. “You need to have a doctor check you before you can start. And of course there is paperwork. But first you need to take a shower.” Minghao cringed, wondering how bad he smelled. 

“He can borrow some of my clothes.” Junhui said. 

“Ok. Junhui go show him to the bath. I'll go speak with the director.” Minghao’s head tilted in question. Director? 

“He's basically our boss.” Chan said sensing the older's confusion. Minghao nodded in understanding. 

“Alright follow me.” Junhui said, grabbing Minghao’s arm. He wondered if this would be a bad idea. 

 

————————————————————

 

“And here is the bathroom.” Junhui said opening a door to probably the most elegant bathroom Minghao has ever seen. So far Junhui has shown him where the group lived. And Minghao was more than impressed. They had a 60 inch flat screen tv and a PS4, not to mention the message chair. The kitchen looked like it belonged in a movie and when Minghao had opened the fridge, Junhui had to pull him away so he didn't devour everything. Minghao swore he saw heaven. 

“The soap and everything is over there. I'll go get some clothes.” Junhui said, leaving the bathroom. Minghao striped quickly and ran into the glass shower fiddling with the temperature until he found the perfect one. He shook out his hair, getting rid of the mud before he lathered his hair with shampoo. He frowned at the brown water that was on the floor of the shower, continuing to rinse his hair out. 

There was a knock on the door. Minghao yelled out a yes before Junhui opened the door. 

“I'm leaving the clothes here.” Junhui yelled out before closing the door again. Minghao got back to shampooing his hair one more time before washing his body two times with soap just to be sure. Once Minghao turned the shower off, he dried his hair sighing in pleasure. He hadn't been this clean in years. The bathroom was filled with steam and Minghao opened one of the windows in an attempt to rid the room of it. Once he was fully dressed and dried he looked in the mirror. He frowned at his hair. It really need to be cut. He usually would attempt to cut it with a pair of rusty scissors he found on the sidewalk. Minghao walked out of the bathroom to where Junhui was sitting in a chair, playing with the PS4. 

“Could I get a haircut?” Minghao asked, sitting down. Junhui paused the game and turned to him. 

“I guess we could since we still have a lot of time.” Junhui said, looking at his watch. “One of the trainees is a part time hair stylist. She usually does my hair.” Junhui said before running a hand through his hair. “I’ll call here and ask if she's free.” He said before leaving the room to make the said call. Minghao sat on the couch, looking around the room before his eyes fell on the PS4 controller. He walked over to it and began fiddling with buttons. He once managed to to sneak into a target store and play with the PS4 that was on display before he was kicked out. He knew the controls due to that experience. He unpaused the game and was caught off guard when a person came out of a bush and started shooting at him. Minghao fiddled with all the buttons before he found the button to shoot. He had his tongue out in concentration when Junhui walked into the room. 

“Hey she said she's free and we can come over when e-.” Junhui went quiet when he saw the lilac haired boy on the floor, rapidly hitting the buttons on the controller, shooting all of the enemies. Junhui let out a snort. 

“You’re better then me.” Minghao jumped and turned to the other, finally noticing his presence. 

“Shoot shoot!” Junhui yelled suddenly, pointing at the screen. Minghao turned back but it was to late. The words ‘you’ve died’ appeared on the screen while he was furiously hitting the shoot button. Junhui groaned. 

“You got farther then I got in three days.” Junhui laughed. “How do you know to play?” The older asked, curious. 

“I snuck into Target and played with one the PS4s on display.” Minghao promptly answered, dropping the controller on the couch. Junhui snorted at the younger's answer. 

“I was kicked out when someone complained I had been on it for four hours.” Junhui laughed. 

“She said she's free and we can come.” Minghao nodded, getting up from the couch, following Junhui out the door. The reached a brown door and Junhui knocked. A short girl with long brown hair opened the door. 

“Hello dork.” She said to Junhui before looking at Minghao. “You must be Minghao.” She said and the other nodded before shaking her hand. 

“I’m Soojung.” She said. “I have everything set up so you can just come in.” Minghao nodded and walked to the chair she gestured too. Once seated down Soojung wrapped a tarp around the boy. 

“So what do you want?” She asked, combing the others hair.

“A trim. I need one really bad.” Minghao said and she nodded her head. Junhui played a game on his phone while Minghao got his hair cut. After an hour, Soojung used a blow dryer to get rid of any hair and unwrapped Minghao. 

“All done.” She exclaimed, playing with the others hair. Minghao looked around the chair and saw piles of lilac hair. He looked in the mirror and smiled, turning his head to look at his new haircut. Junhui looked up, locking his phone. 

“Wow.” He said, looking at Minghao. “You look nice.” Minghao smiled at the others compliment. Junhui glanced at his watch. 

“Alright thanks Soojung.” Junhui said, waving goodbye. “We need to go.” He said, turning to Minghao. 

They went in an elevator and Minghao nervously fidgeted with his new hair. 

“You don't need to be nervous. The director’s a nice person.” Junhui said, smiling at the other. The elevator stopped and the doors opened. Junhui gave him a warm smile before he opened the door. Minghao was met with a man with black hair and a soft face. 

“Hello, you must be Minghao.” The man said, standing up offering his hand. Minghao noted that his voice was high and soft. 

“I’m Jonghyun, the director of pledis.” Minghao tilted his head in question. 

“Oh Pledis is the company that seventeen belongs to.” Minghao nodded his head in understanding. “Now I understand that you would like to be a part of seventeen.” Minghao nodded. 

“Well that would be fantastic. The others would help with your training and your living expenses would be payed for.” Minghao smiled widely, happy with the deal. 

“Now all you need is a physical.” Jonghyun said, gesturing to the doctor by the door. The said doctor raised his hand. 

“Nice to meet you Minghao, my name is Minhyun.” The man said. Minghao gave Junhui a desperate look, uncomfortable with a new person. 

“Could I possibly go in with him.” Junhui suddenly said. “He's still new to everything.” Minghao whispered a thank you to the older.

Minhyun smiled. “Of course.” The man led them into an examination room and they took their seats. 

“So tell me anything I need to know. If you have any problems or anything of the sorts you can tell me.” Minghao nodded and took a deep breath to begin. 

“I've been homeless since I was three.” Junhui’s eyes grew wide and Minhyun scribbled something in his notebook.

“I've been attacked a lot.” Minhyun nodded. “I’ve also been beaten and people have tried to.” Minghao took a deep breath before he continued. “People have tried to kill me, so I have flashbacks sometimes.” Minghao shifted closer to Junhui for comfort while the other was bewildered by his words. Minhyun put a hand on his arm. It happened a couple times over the past years. People tried to take him into vans and sedate him. He was lucky he was able to get out in time. 

“Thank you for telling me. It sounds like you have PTSD and we should also have an X-ray done.” Minghao nodded and followed the other to the machine. 

“You're going to have to wear a gown for this, the changing room is over there.” Minhyun said gesturing towards a small room in the back. Minghao quickly went in and started changing. He went out and laid under the machine. Minhyun started it and Minghao closed his eyes. Once they were done, Minhyun went into a different room to examine the X-rays. Minghao sat down by Junhui while they waited. 

“Is there um.” Junhui started, looking at Minghao. “Triggers that we should watch for, like stuff that makes you have panic attacks?” Minghao but his lip.

“Not really they just happen randomly.” Minghao cringed. He had been through a lot, more than a normal homeless person usually does. He had his fair share of beatings and attacks. But dragon hunters on his tail made his life worse than it already was. 

Junhui hummed in understanding. 

The door opened and Minhyun came in with sheets of paper. He sat down on the chair across from them. “I've looked at your X-rays and I've spotted some fractured bones that never really healed correctly. Other than that, you're healthy.” Minghao smiled at the good news. Junhui got up. “We are going to head back so he can rest for training tomorrow.” Minghao smiled and followed Junhui back 

 

——————————

 

Junhui watched the younger fall asleep in a make shift cot that they set up until Minghao got a bed. He watched as Minghao’s stomach rise and fell, breathing softly. The front door opened and Junhui went of his room to where the others in the living room were gathering. Seungcheol spotted him first. 

“Hey how is Minghao?” 

“He’s sleeping.” Junhui said pointing to his room. Junhui pulled Seungcheol to the side. 

“But there is something we need to talk about.” Seungcheol’s eyebrow raised in curiosity. 

“Alright I'll tell the others to listen.” He said before turning to the group. “Junhui has something to say to you best listen to him.” The others all sat on the couch while Junhui stood. It reminded him of giving a presentation. But less traumatizing. 

“Minghao has been through a lot.” Everyone in the group perked up at Junhui’s words. “He sometimes has panic attacks and he doesn't really know what sets them off.” Junhui said. 

“So what do we do for training?” Seokmin asked. 

“Minhyun said he could start tomorrow. Just be careful.” 

“I also think that he has had enough experience with attacks. Teach him strategies and codes. But don't make him lose his touch.” Seungcheol spoke up. 

“Should we test him tomorrow to see what he can do?” Hansol said. 

“Yes, but remember to be careful.” Seungcheol reminded them. 

“Well I can't wait for tomorrow.” Junhui said, smirking.