Chapter 1

Violet eyes

Minghao laid in an alleyway, his lilac hair falling over his face. He tapped his nails on the piece of cardboard he was lying on, staring at the wall, listening to the small voice in his head.

‘I swear to god he is stupid!’

A girl was arguing with her boyfriend over the phone on the other side of the wall and with what the girl was thinking, she was pretty pissed.

‘I'm so done.’ Minghao heard the girl think.

“I'm breaking up with you!” The girl screamed into the phone before hanging up, tossing her hair to the side before walking away huffing.

Minghao pulled a half eaten apple out of his torn coat and inspected it to make sure it was still good to eat. He deemed it good enough and took a bite, only to meet a displeasing sour mushy taste. He threw it into the trash bin next to him and swallowed the remains of the apple, shuddering at the taste.

Minghao had been living on the streets ever since he was three. He was forced to run after his mother had been murdered in their home. He had come to the conclusion that the people who killed his mother were hunters, more specifically dragon hunters. See, Minghao was a dragon, a telepathic dragon, able to read minds and control people. The last one alive. Everybody had feared the species for their keen ability to kill and control people without lifting a finger. They all had been hunted down and killed. At least that's what Minghao’s mother had told him.

The lilac haired boy stood up and began rummaging through a trash bin. He found a small piece of bread and sat down, smiling, before biting into the food.

“Hey stop!” Minghao heard and immediately looked up, wondering if it was directed at him. A middle aged man suddenly came barreling in the small alley and picked him up. Minghao flailed, desperately trying to get out of the man’s arms. What he didn't expect was the man to pull out a gun and hold it to the homeless boys head. Minghao froze.

“Put him down!” A group of boys came into the now crowded alleyway, some pointing guns at the middle aged man. Minghao closed his eyes and let his mind reach out. Minghao a breath as he saw why these people were chasing him, a boy from the group was replaying the scene in his head. Apparently the man that was holding Minghao had shot five people and ran off. He cringed at the amount of blood that had poured out of the poor victims’ bodies. Minghao let his mind latch onto the man’s. He could feel that the man was panicking, not sure of what to do.

“I repeat, put him down!” The man in front yelled. He had black hair, stuck to his face with sweat. A hanging cross earring decorated his earlobe as well as others lining his cartilage. It reminded Minghao of his own, which where probably infected with the amount of filth Minghao had encountered in the last week. Just because he was poor didn't mean he was going to lose his piercings.

Minghao snapped back to the current situation as the gun came closer to the side of his head. He saw the man’s finger move to the trigger. Minghao quickly listened to the man’s thoughts.

I'm going to do it! I'm going to do it!

Minghao’s eyes widened as the man's finger began to pull on the trigger.

Nononononononono

Minghao screwed his eyes tight as he heard the gun fire. The next thing he knew, the world turned black.

_________________________________________________________

Minghao woke up and was met with twelve pairs of eyes staring at him. He jumped back in surprise and took in his surroundings. He was currently lying on a couch in a room with massive computers lining the wall. Minghao's eyes grew wide. Where in the hell was he?
Minghao cleared his throat. “Where am I?” Minghao cringed at how weak his voice was. He didn't talk very often which made this current situation even worse.

One boy with earrings lining his cartilage scratched his neck. “You passed out after he shot you, so we brought you here.”
The memories of before came crashing back. How was he alive?
“How?” Minghao cleared his throat again. “How am I alive?”
“He just fired a blank.” One boy said with less long teal hair. Minghao cocked an eyebrow in suspicion. That gun seemed very loaded. Minghao looked into the others mind and saw one of the boys stopping the bullet. His hand was held out as if he was controlling something. The boy looked back and Minghao stiffened at the golden eyes. An air dragon. Minghao drew his mind back in.
Minghao looked at all of the boys and took into account their unnatural eye colors. Most of them were dragons. Minghao began to panic. He couldn't get caught, he had survived 17 years on the streets already. Something this small wasn't going to stop him.
Minghao took control of all of the boys there and made them sit down. He then began looking for away out and found a door. Minghao opened the door before releasing his control on the group.

The lilac haired boy ran out of the building and into the woods surrounding it. He leaned on a tree to catch his breath, sliding down onto the ground, lying against the tree.

He should probably walk to a new city, considering he showed his powers, (nice going there Minghao). He sighed a let his head fall on the tree. Minghao looked up and saw a brightly colored bird in a nest on the tree. He smiled at the small animal when he felt something tickle on his arms. Minghao looked down and found he was tied to the tree with a vine.

!

He looked up again to find the group of boys walking towards him.

...