chapter 2

Violet eyes

...

 

Minghao clenched his jaw as the group ran towards him. He watched as a short boy controlled the vines, tying him to tree, with his hand. Minghao shut his eyes when the group was within feet from him.

“How did you do that?” The boy with piercings and black hair said as he stepped forwards Minghao. Minghao narrowed his eyes and saw that the others eyes were a solid black. 

A night dragon…

“I'm going to ask you again, how did you control us?” The man said again. Minghao looked down at the dirt and clenched his jaw tighter. 

He couldn't be caught, he just couldn't.  

The boys behind him sighed and one piped up. 

“It's going to be a lot easier if you just tell us.” Minghao scoffed at the boys comment. 

Like it's easy telling someone you're supposed to be extinct. 

Minghao placed his hands on the ground and began searching for anything, anything sharp to cut himself from these vines. 

“Maybe he's a night dragon and created an illusion?” One boy said. Minghao slightly opened his eyes so he could see was happening. A boy, probably around Minghao’s age, stepped to the front, suggested an idea that would have Minghao found out in minutes. He looked closely at the others eyes and saw that he was human. And that he was breathtakingly beautiful. The boy had blonde hair and well a defined jawline, he could also see he had quite a bit of muscle even with the shirt. Minghao laughed at himself. This was not the time to be taking in the other boy’s beauty. 

 

Minghao kept searching the ground until he found it, a piece of broken glass. He quickly made use and began sawing the vines behind the tree. 

 

“Maybe we should check his eyes.” He heard one of the boys say. Minghao froze and heard some hums in agreement. He pushed himself against the tree, tilting his head away from the group. 

 

Minghao began cutting the vines more furiously. There was only three more vines to go until he could break free. 

 

Minghao felt a hand on his chin, holding him still. He froze

“Open your eyes.” He heard slightly high voice say. Minghao cursed, it was the blonde haired boy. 

“Please open your eyes.” He heard the boy repeat. Minghao really didn't want to hurt him, he never wanted to hurt anybody. 

“Please.”

Minghao heard the voice in his ear and opened his eyes in shock, displaying his violet eyes to the world. He saw the boy gasp and jump back. 

“Violet.” The boy whispered. The rest of the boys scoffed.

“He can't be telepathic, they've been dead for over 700 years Jun.” 

Minghao cut the last vine and got up, pushing the boy the back and running into the forest. Behind him he heard curses and the yelling of names. 

“Jeonghan go after him!” Minghao looked back to see the boy with long teal hair running after him. Minghao looked forward again, dodging through trees. Suddenly he heard a loud growl behind him. He looked back to see the other had transformed into a dragon and was currently running towards him at an alarming pace. Minghao cursed his luck when saw the dark navy  fading into a light teal. 

A siren dragon, what a wonderful day. 

Minghao halted to a stop and focused on the other dragon’s mind, grabbing hold of it. The dragon suddenly stopped in front of Minghao. The violet haired boy flipped the switch, turning off the mind, rendering the other unconscious.. Minghao watched as the dragon came crashing down and changed back into the long haired boy. He laid a hand on the others shoulder and whispered. 

“I’m sorry.” Minghao looked back at the others, his violet eyes glowing, he saw the fear, the worry, the pain. Minghao blinked back tears and tore through the forest before sliding into a cave. 

 

Minghao was silent as he heard the others running to the boy. 

“Jeonghan!” A boy yelled before another one silenced him. 

“He’s fine. Just unconscious.” He heard the whole group sigh in relief. 

“So we actually have a telepathic dragon.” Minghao stiffened. 

“Yeah we really do.” 

Minghao backed into the cave and curled up into a ball on the rock floor. 

He couldn't be found. They would take him. They would kill him. Finish his kind once and for all. Maybe they would torture him before releasing him into the after life. All his mother worked for was gone, all gone. Minghao had ruined it, he had ruined it a- 

There was the undeniable sound of shoes coming towards him, rocks crunching under the shoes. Someone found him. His breaths quickened and he began shaking. He could feel tears slipping out. 

A cough rang throughout the cave. Minghao looked up and saw the boy with blonde hair. 

The other starting waking towards Minghao. “Hey-.” 

“S-stay away!” Minghao yelled, backing himself against the wall, shaking uncontrollably. 

“Listen we are not going to hurt you.” Minghao laughed at the others words. 

“Of course you are! You all want my kind dead.” The other looked confused. 

“We don't want you dead. You're the last telepathic dragon. We want to save you.” Minghao looked at the other, curiosity replacing fear. He watched as the other sat down on one of the rocks on the floor. Minghao looked into the others mind. 

 I won't hurt you. 

Minghao in a breath and looked at the other. 

“My name is Wen Junhui, what's yours?”  

Minghao hesitated before responding. “Xu Minghao.” Minghao watched as ‘Junhui’ perked up. 

“You're not from here.” Minghao nodded, his breathing beginning to return to normal.

“I'm originally from China, but I came here when I was a child.” Junhui nodded. 

“I came from China too, but I moved here five years ago.” Junhui said and Minghao smiled at the other. 

Suddenly there was voices yelling in the woods. 

“Junhui!” 

Minghao watched as Junhui bit his lip unsure of what to do. 

“You promise you will not hurt me?” Minghao asked and Junhui nodded his head furiously. Minghao got up and walked out of mouth of the cave, gesturing Junhui to follow. Junhui followed and tripped on some rocks along the way. They both stood at the entrance of the cave. The blonde boy looked at Minghao for permission. Minghao smiled and gave a small nod. 

“I'm here!” Junhui yelled, cupping his mouth. Minghao hid behind Junhui as people began running towards them. The dragon held onto the others shirt as everyone looked at him with confusion. His eyes darted around the crowd of people, not sure where to look. 

“Junhui mind filling us in?” One of the boys said, gesturing to Minghao. Junhui stepped away, revealing the other. 

“This is Minghao and he comes from China, like me. He is a telepathic dragon and the last of his kind.” Junhui said, gesturing towards the other. Minghao slightly smiled. One of the boys stepped forward.

“I’m Chan, an earth dragon and the youngest!” Minghao smiled at the younger's enthusiasm. 

“I’m Wonwoo, an air dragon.” A black haired boy said. Junhui leaned towards him. 

“He may look scary but he's just a huge nerd.” Minghao smirked at the others comment.

A brown haired boy lifted his hand. “I’m Seokmin, a light dragon.” 

“I’m Soonyoung, a water dragon.” Another blonde haired boy said. 

“I’m Jisoo, an ice dragon.” A boy with and brown hair and piercings, littering his ear. Minghao began fiddling with his own. 

“I’m Seungkwan, a human.” Another boy said. 

“I’m Vernon, a fire dragon” 

A short boy stepped forward. “I’m Jihoon, a flora dragon.” Junhui whispered. 

“He's 165 centimeters of angst.” 

“I can hear you Jun!” The other barked. 

“I’m Mingyu, a human.” The boy coughed. Minghao had to say that the boy was quite good looking. 

“The guy that is unconscious is Jeonghan.” Junhui said and Minghao immediately cringed, reminded that he was the one who did that.

“And I’m Seuncheol, a night dragon, and the leader of Seventeen.” Minghao tilted his head in confusion. The leader of what?

“Jun did you not tell him?” Seokmin asked, reading the confusion from Minghao. 

“No.” Junhui, bracing himself for the response. 

“How could you not tell him, that's like the most important part!” Seokmin shrieked. 

“Well I'm sorry I didn't think of it in the moment!” Junhui yelled back. Seungcheol coughed, signaling the others to stop fighting. 

“Seventeen is a group consisting of dragons and human, the government gives us cases they deem too dangerous for regular people.” Seungcheol said while Minghao nodded his head in understanding. 

“And we were wondering.” Junhui started. “If you would want to be a part of it?” 

Minghao’s eyes grew wide. 

“What?”