September 20th

The Tale of Fall

After handling SoEun’s injuries, Sehun left the school nursing office with SoEun. They walked along the way in silence. Suddenly, SoEun spoke up and uttered out this sentence. "Thank you for today!"

Sehun turned to her in surprise after SoEun’s sudden thanks.

Sehun's eyes gave SoEun a cold feeling, but SoEun still gathered up the courage to say out what on her mind. "I thought you were the same as Kris, but I found I was wrong."

“What I was like before?” Sehun spilled these words out miraculously. Suddenly, there was a hint of curiosity about what SoEun thinks about him. Sehun was also shocked by his action.

"You are a nice guy." Then, SoEun smiled. "Although you don't talk much, I know you're not as ruthless as Kris." SoEun’s left hand naturally clenched at the time Kris’s name was mentioned.

"What makes you think that Kris was such kind of person?" Sehun asked tentatively. "If you don't like him, why you made such an announcement that day in front of everyone?" The actions of SoEun made Sehun hard to understand.

SoEun suddenly asked Sehun’s question instead of answering, “Are we friends?” A smile appeared on SoEun’s face.

"Huh?" SoEun kept on to confuse Sehun still further. He looked at SoEun with his eyebrows furrowed.

"You helped me, so I hope that we can make friends." SoEun corrected her own words. "If you are willing to, you will be my first friend here."

Thinking for a while, "Em!" Sehun gently nodded in approval.

Sehun's nod brought a smile to SoEun’s face. I finally got a friend, no longer an enemy. "Then if we are friends, then don't ask any further." Still in a confused state, Sehun looked at SoEun with certainty.

"In short, the relationship between me and Kris is not what you think." SoEun furrowed her brows in an expression of concentration.

SoEun's mood has changed dramatically; the corner of SoEun’s mouth turned up and she cleared up her thoughts. "Forget it, don't always talk about him."

The words of SoEun led Sehun to frown. But SoEun's smile made him grin. That was the expression that never shown in front of Kris.

Due to the injury, SoEun could not attend class and she returned home early. SoEun was lying on the bed, watching her bandaged right hand. She then thought about what happened this morning.

"Today is an accident. It won't happen again next time."

“The school doctor said there was nothing serious about it. After two days, everything will return to normal.”

“I will do what I promise. I am the man of her word!” After some self-encouragement, SoEun smiled at ease from the serious state.

After a sigh of relief, SoEun recalled the interaction with Sehun today.

 

~Flashback starts~

"Your knees were injured, can you still go home by cycling?" Sehun asked SoEun with concern.

"Well, I can just walk with my bicycle." Then, SoEun glanced at her knee.

"Needs me" to send you home? This sentence did not have a chance to finish, the phone inside Sehun’s pants pocket sounded.

Sehun was cursing the caller in his mind. Taking out his phone, Sehun looked at the name on the screen and he realized that was a call from Luhan. "Yeah, Luhan!"

"Sehun ah, where are you? Why it takes you for so long just getting a wristband?" Luhan called and asked Hun about his whereabouts ignorantly.

"I happened to have something to do with it." As Sehun was on his phone, SoEun walked near Sehun and gave a tap on Sehun’s shoulder.

"I'll go first. See you in two days!" SoEun lowered her volume and murmured to Sehun in order not to interrupt his conversation with Luhan. She then smiled at Sehun and limped into the hallway.

"Hey!" Sehun tried to ask SoEun to wait for him by calling out, but SoEun didn't seem to hear his low voice.

He was afraid to be heard by Luhan on the other side of the phone, so Sehun did not dare to scream too loud.

~Flashback ends~

 

"Is he trying to send me back?" At the moment she was alone, SoEun mumbling to herself.  Without notice, her lips slightly tilted up.