September 15th

The Tale of Fall

September 15th (Sunny)

Another morning! Today is the first day of a new school. Is it a new beginning?

Remembering the words of Ms. Gong from yesterday, SoEun first came to the teacher’s office to get her school uniform. Then she followed Ms. Gong to her home classroom.

"Quiet, everyone!" Ms. Gong knocked on the chalkboard as she stopped in front of the classroom with SoEun standing next to her.

 The girls who surrounded around Kris and the boys immediately returned to their seats. Silence crept over the classroom.

"Today, we have a new student joining the class. Ms. Gong turned to SoEun, signaling her to do a self-introduction to the class by giving a small nod to SoEun. "Simply introduce yourself."

SoEun nodded her head and turned her face to forward. SoEun curled up the two corners of her lip to form a friendly smile and started her introduction. "Hello everyone, my name is Kim SoEun. It’s nice meeting you all! Instructions and guidance are always welcome!"

“Very good!” Ms. Gong said after SoEun’s introduction. "Let me seat you next to," s. Gong scanned the classroom with her sharp eyes to find if there any seat opened for SoEun.

In the meanwhile, the appearance of SoEun came to view attracted the eyes of the boys. They paid close attention at SoEun with a bad smile, and it seems a good show is about to on air. Only Kris is still playing his basketball in his seat.

“Seat you next to Kris!" Ms. Gong’s eyes stopped at the empty seat next to Kris’ desk. "Kris, please get up and SoEun your face!"

The arrangement of Kong teacher caused some huge rousing noises in the classroom, which were the complaints from female students. However, Luhan and the boys felt that this arrangement was simply a godsend.

In this case, Kris's hand spinning the basketball stopped and looked in the direction of the moving SoEun. SoEun walked toward the aisle of Kris’ desk.

Seeing the action of SoEun, Kris calmly took his rucksack from the chair next to him and prepared SoEun to share the same desk with him.

However, when everyone thought that SoEun was going to be the lucky person on earth as Kris’s desk mate, SoEun unexpectedly walked pass Kris's desk and came to an empty space next to Sehun.

Pulling the straps of the backpack with her two hands, SoEun slowly muttered out this statement. "Can I sit here?" Her eyes stared at the open space next to Sehun.

"What?" The whole class looked at SoEun in surprise, including Sehun himself. The behavior of SoEun was unpredictable to the class, except for Ms. Gong.

Kris was also taken aback by SoEun’s action. A ‘What?’ expression flashed over Kris’s face for few seconds. However, he quickly regained his mind from the shock.

"That's fine too!" Ms. Gong ignorantly agreed with SoEun’s request. Once SoEun set herself on her seat, Ms. Gong started the lecture by saying "Okay, take out your literature textbook and turn to page 206."

The course ended when the time passed. Recess time began as the school bell rang. SoEun closed the textbook and left the classroom in haste.

The abnormal behavior of SoEun definitely left everyone with clueless. During the break time, the boys all rushed to Kris and Sehun. 

Kris’s desk was one row ahead of Sehun’s one, but Sehun’s desk was in the middle of the classroom. Kris was close to the window against the classroom entrance. There were totally three columns of desks inside the classroom.

Jongin threw his arm around Hun's shoulders with a playfulness expression, and said, "How was it, Sehun? SoEun si also seems likes interested in you. If that so, aren’t you now becoming love rival with Kris?"

Sehun didn’t find Jongin’s word funny, he indifferently poked Jongin’s hand off his shoulder.

Everyone burst out laughing, except Kris. He, Sehun had the poker faces as well as Tao. In the middle of teasing time, SoEun returned to the classroom. She was holding a bottle of milk on hand.

When the boys seeing SoEun was back, everyone stopped the snigger and looked at her. SoEun moved closed to Kris’s direction and put down the milk in front of him.

Kris took a glance over the milk on the desk and shifted the glance back to SoEun. He threw out his question with a cold tone. "What does it mean?"

"I'll prepare you a milk every morning. What I said yesterday, have you forgotten it?"

".... So?" After a few seconds of thinking, it was still that cold Kris who spoke slowly.

"So I’m chasing you starting today. I'll bring you one again tomorrow. I don’t have time to do it this morning since I went to pick up my uniform.” SoEun's tone is no less than Kris, emotionless and indifferent.

"Oh yeah, what do you want to eat tomorrow? I'll make lunch for you as compensation."

Just listening to SoEun, Kris didn’t respond to any of her words. He just simply looked at her with thoughts running through his mind.

However, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun on the side made a voice "Woo~~~" and they smiled happily.

Still, SoEun ignored the views of others. "If you don’t have any ideas. I decided it myself. That's it." Then SoEun returned to her seat.

As usual, Kris still does not say a word. Picking up the milk SoEun gave him, he handed it over to the man sitting behind him.

"Jongin, enjoy the milk. Your little junior treats you!"

“Huh?” Jongin took over the milk bottle Kris passed to him. He looked over SoEun an observed her expression. Sitting in the same row as Jongin, SoEun did not respond to Kris’s action after a glance.

Kris did not seem to care on the surface, but he took SoEun’s attitude to heart secretly. The break passed and classes started again. Classes were over smoothly.

SoEun was ready to leave school to back home after getting her bicycle. Is it fate? SoEun encountered Kris and the boys halfway.

Different from the other female students, SoEun did not stick and follow Kris around like the bees seeing the honey. Instead, she just nodded her head to Kris and walked away afterward.

Kris and the boys were at the end of their wits on what to do with SoEun. However, they continued their conversation before bumping into SoEun. Kris acted like superficial, but what was actually in his mind. He was the only know about it.

The next morning. In order to make lunch for Kris, SoEun also made breakfast for herself and Seokjin after freshening up.

Today is the first day of implementation of the commitment to deliver lunch to Kris. When SoEun handed the lunch box to Kris, but K ruthlessly left the lunch box aside and did not look at it at all. He just continued to play basketball with Suho. Kris's attitude did not make SoEun feel discouraged.

On the contrary, SoEun felt lighter after completing the task of delivering lunch. No matter how Kris going to handle the lunch box she gave him, it did not bother SoEun much. Next moment, she returned to her class alone.

The next day, SoEun also prepared lunch for Kris as promised. Likewise, SoEun went directly to the place where K was. She took out another lunch box and milk from her lunch bag and handed it over.

"Have you brought in the old lunch box? I'll take it back and wash it."

Kris looked at SoEun's lunch box and turned in the direction of the fierceness. He asked, "Chanyeol, did I give you a delicious lunch yesterday?" Kris snapped the lunch box from SoEun this time.  

Hearing his name mentioned, Chanyeol turned to SoEun and replied, “It's delicious! SoEun si’s cooking skill is impressive!” Chanyeol wiped away the sweat on the forehead and praised SoEun, saying that with a joking tone.

"Since it was that delicious, here is for you again!" Kris handed your lunch box to Chanyeol, and then took a look at SoEun with an eyebrow slightly lifted. Kris secretly sneaked at SoEun’s behavior, and let see how long you could endure it.

Chanyeol received the lunch box that Kris held out to him embarrassedly.  Seeing that, SoEun just carelessly walked back to her seat without saying much.

Day after day, SoEun felt helpless while watching Kris gave his own lunch SoEun cooked for him to other people.

It stayed the same day after day, and there is no particular change in similarity. However, it was true that the days before the storm were always quiet.