Part 7

The First Love Stories

It was at the drama club meeting. Everyone who signed up for this year play "Romeo and Julliet" has gathered in this hall. This included Kang Daniel, Park Sua and Winwin. 

 

When Daniel entered, he saw Sua and Winwin sitting next to each other at the front row. He just sat down at one of the empty seats behind.

 

After the meeting, some girls from the drama club surrounded Daniel and were asking why he joined. It was no doubt that he was popular among girls. He just smiled politely and got out of the crowd before it had gotten bigger.

 

He saw Park Sua observing the crowd  from afar. So, he walked towards her. 

 

"Hey, partner!!" he called out. She gave him a cold smile.

 

The girls were looking at where he was going. When they saw the person was Park Sua, they stopped looking as they knew that she is the headmistress daughter and not the one to be messed with.

 

"What are you doing here?!" she asked.

 

"I signed up for the play. Why? Cannot?" he said with a playful smile.

 

"I was just shocked that Kang Daniel is walking around in drama club meeting. That's all."

 

"Is it? Why?" he wanted to know what is her opinion about him.

 

"I thought this is not your scene. Or may be I was wrong." she looked uneasy. Park Sua doesn't like to be wrong.

 

"Hahaha... you are right! This is totally not my scene. But, who cares!! This is our last year in High School and I wanna try everything without any regret..."

 

"I see... then be my guest... I'll be looking forward to your acting..."

 

She didn't know that he was playing a super minor role. He laughed vaguely when she walked past him.

 

——

 

The first meeting for the Chemistry assignment between Nuri and Minhyun was in the library on weekend. Nuri woke up really early that day, getting excited to meet with Minhyun, just the two of them.

 

Minhyun was already there when she reached exactly at 8:30am as they arranged. He looked up as she approached the table he has chopped since early morning 6:30am. He knows she won't be able to get up by then and therefore he never said he would be there early.

 

"Good morning!" She greeted.

 

"Good morning~" he replied and moved his bag from the seat beside him onto the floor. She took this as a gesture for her to sit beside him.

 

When she settled down, he started going over his notes about his ideas for the assignment. She didn't need to start from scratch. That's new to her because every time she do projects with Daniel, she is the one to initiate. Now, everything is planned out, she just need to do add on some ideas and do some checking. She likes it for a change.

 

Although she was mostly being uneasy sitting beside her crush, she enjoyed it. His serious voice when he's explaining things and his sweet scent that is very unique, are the things that drawing her attention way more than the assignment they have to do. It's really hard for her to concentrate.

 

However, she managed to survive the morning session and they took lunch break around 12. It was still weird as they went down to school canteen together. Only a few shops were opened. But, the students are way more than there was on previous weekends.

 

Ah~ Daniel told me that their weekend drama club meetings are starting today, she remembered.

 

Nuri turned around to see Minhyun but, he was already in front of the ramen shop where he usually orders. So, she went to the western food counter and ordered meatballs soup.

 

When she got her order, Minhyun is already at his usual table, started having his lunch. Carrying her tray towards the tables, she is still undecided whether to sit with Minhyun or sit alone at her usual table then wait for Daniel to join her.

 

Knowing that she will just make a fool of herself by nervously eating the meatball soup and spilling all over in front of her crush. She decided to just head to her table.

 

But, when she walked past Minhyun, he looked up and said.

 

"Where are you going?"

 

Nuri stopped and looked back at him, not knowing what to answer. 

 

"Sit here." he ordered.

 

"Ah okay! I thought you wanted to be alone as usual." she said while putting her tray down before she sit in front of him.

 

He didn't reply. He won't let her know that he always has been wanted to be her friend.

 

She carefully and slowly started to have her meal, trying not to spill anything clumsily as usual. Half way through and her plan wasn't successful at all. She spilled some drops of soup here and there. She nearly choked on her meatball while trying to answer a question Minhyun was asking. She's in her terrible state, physically and mentally.

 

A minute later, Daniel walked towards their usual lunch spot, smiling to himself as he walked past Nuri and Minhyun's table. He settled down into his table quickly, and when he saw her looking at his direction like somewhat asking for help, he winked at her with a smirk on his face. She gave him back an evil stare, what a useless friend!

 

Minhyun had finished his lunch. 

 

Oh good, he's gonna be leaving. Hope he doesn't see my mess, she thought. 

 

But, Minhyun is staying put, browsing his phone. He is purposely waiting for Nuri to finish her lunch and go back to the library together. It's not appropriate to leave a girl alone isn't it? 

 

When she finished her lunch, they leave together. Nuri saw Daniel smiling and waving at her. She pretended she never saw. And Daniel knows that too and can't help but laughing by himself. 

 

Poor Nuri ahh, having a meal with her crush must be terrifying. Hahahaha!!

 

As they reached the vending machine in front of the library, Minhyun stopped for a while to get a drink. 

 

Right, time for his grapefruit juice, she thought, remained silent behind him and browsing through her phone while waiting.

 

"Here," he held up a small apple juice box in front of her and said.

 

"Uh... oh... thanks!" She didn't know he was buying for her too.

 

She was still looking at him in surprise but he turned and walked towards the library entrance. She quickly followed.

 

What the hell was I thinking? I should've asked her what she wanted first. Damnit!

 

He was regretting how he bought for her without asking her. Now he knows for sure that she would be in puzzle for how he knows her drink.

 

And indeed, she was wondering how did Hwang Minhyun know that she always drinks apple juice. 

 

Actually, that's nothing for him. Because whenever he saw her at the vending machine, she was always buying the same drink over the years since he noticed her.

 

Without realizing themselves, they know each other's drinks.

 

...

 

..

 

.

 

~ to be continued ~