chapter 9.

highschool (almost) lovers.

“you sure you wanna eat upstairs?” i asked, as he carried the box of pizza and drinks. “mhmm,” he responded, and as he got closer, i offered to carry it, but he brushed me off. thanks. i pouted, he just smiled, and this guy seriously needs to stop making me want to pounce him. so, i just followed behind, back to his room, placing the box and drinks on the floor. he sat down, and i did too, making sure to leave a “hey, i’m pretty gay and you’re my crush but i’m going to try showing that i’m not too gay and make you uncomfortable but i’m going to hint that i like you” gap between us. i told him to get the first slice, but he was busy putting on youtube on the tv for us to watch something while eating.

 

“aren’t you the hyung? go ahead and get one.” he said, eyes not leaving the screen, and i raised my eyebrow in amusement.

 

“oh, now you’re acknowledging that i’m a hyung?”

 

he just smiled widely, one that made his eyes turn up as well, and i laughed, reaching over and pinching his cheek as it bunched up with his silly grin. i got the first slice, blowing gently, and took a bite. pizza is a gift from heaven, and i’m pretty certain of that. i made a small noise of pleasure, closing my eyes and melting slightly, resting back on the bed, and he looked over, finding my actions amusing.

 

“is it good?” he asked, and i could only take another bite as an answer. i didn’t notice his eyes never leaving my direction, watching as i ate, too invested in the food to even notice he got his camera and snapped a pic. the only time i noticed was when the flash , and i looked over.

 

“yaaaaaaahhh!!!” i shouted, and he quickly got up and avoided my slaps, laughing playfully, letting it develop. he then walked to the twine and got a clothespin, hanging my picture along with the others. i stare a lot when it comes to junhoe. hanbin’s right. my eyes do bulge.

 

he sat back down and finally started eating, chuckles still leaving his lips, and i just glared, though my smile couldn’t be hidden. “ah.. you’re seriously too much for me to handle.” i shook my head and laughed, continuing my endless chewing.

 

“am i? hanbin’s worse though.” he grinned, and i looked over, quite surprised with the mention of my best friend.

 

“how do you know? have you hung out with him?”

 

“pft- 'how do you know'..." he snickered, "nah. jinhwan just tells me stories.”

 

oh, hanbin is going to love hearing this. i scooted over in interest, giggling excitedly, equivalent to a school girl telling secrets to her best friend.

 

“tell me.”

 

“and why would i?” he grinned, glancing over to me, eating his pizza. “are you gonna tell him?”

 

“i’ll only tell him if it’s something good. if it’s bad, i’ll just laugh and accidentally mention it.” i said, the two of us laughing at my words. it’s true though!

 

“mm… jinhwan finds him cute, just annoying and up in his own .”

 

“wouldn’t they be a good pair. i mean, jinhwan isn’t that much different.” my comment almost got junhoe to spit out his drink, his laugh so much harder than the usual. i couldn’t help but laugh myself, only because.. why the did it make him laugh. his laugh was funnier than what i said.

 

“you’re right though. the both of them should just praise each other.” i nodded at his words, agreeing completely, but then flushing at his next set of words. “and that would just leave the both of us to hang out instead.”

 

i smiled down to the floor, sipping at my drink to give a reason to my silence, then looked over to him. “would you like that?” i asked, hella shy. i’m never this shy. this is a whole new level of shy to me.

 

he looked down at the last two pizza slices, smiling, then looking over. “yeah. i like your company.” he said, and , did i melt with his words. he then added, “and… jinhwan is too much of a , i need a break.”

 

“does jinhwan like hanbin?” i asked, tilting my head.

 

“uhh… more of… he’s interested to kiss and his and if he’s a good size, then he’d probably get with him.”

 

“that’s so jinhwan.”

 

“yeah. but, i’m guessing he does. there are days where he keeps talking about him. like, he doesn’t shut up at all. no one’s even listening, and he’s still talking.”

 

i snickered more to myself, laying back, getting the slice he left me. i don’t think i’ll tell hanbin that, i feel that it would be a lot more amusing to have them figure out themselves.

 

“hanbin likes jinhwan too.”

 

“ah, seriously?! wow.”

 

“yeah, that’s why hearing this is amusing. but, i seriously didn’t think anyone would have the hots for hanbin.”

 

“you’re so mean.”

 

“i know. i am his best friend, after all.”

 

he chuckled and i smiled, poking my own cheek, cleaning up our mess, but having him throw it out. i flopped to the bed, now too lazy to continue, especially with videos playing, a comfy bed and attire, and a full stomach.

 

“how about you, jiwon?”

 

i raised my head slightly, looking to him with confusion. “do you like anybody?” oh. .

 

“mmh. there’s a person in mind.”

 

no more words were exchanged after that, and it was kind of suspicious, but i shrugged it off. i got my phone, reading the text messages, texting my older brother, then my groupchat. he laid down next to me, using his phone, then i looked over once i heard him chuckle.

 

he moved closer to show me his phone screen, and i had to move to read the messages better. they were about hanbin, jinhwan describing his hair, body, and his imprint when they would have physical education together. i laughed hard, cringing at the set of texts, then looking at my phone to look for hanbin’s texts about him.

 

though, it was embarrassing, ‘cause it was mostly me talking about junhoe to him. “ahhh, i don’t have anything. he usually just rambles to me when we walk home.” i whined, though junhoe wasn’t buying it.

 

“yahh, let me see.” he grinned, attempting to peek at my phone, causing me to nearly scream and hit him, but i simply brought my phone to my chest, hiding it there, laughing as he tried to peek. he then pulled away and laughed, and i went back to lying down comfortably, giggling. “i’ll text you once he does. screenshots and everything. promise.” i smiled.

 

the thing i didn’t notice was our position. i didn’t realize how close we were until he looked over to me, and our faces were possibly just an inch apart. his arm was tucked under my body, and my entire body faced him. i quirked a brow at the proximity, and he soon realized it too. took him much slower though. and i sorta hate him for that, ‘cause it forced me to take my damn time staring into those eyes and lips. he let me sit up, and i ruffled my hair, getting my materials again.

 

“okay. math homework! come on!” i dragged him to sit up, and he groaned. “four more items and it’s over!”