chapter 5.

highschool (almost) lovers.

“so, you and junhoe.”

 

“shut up, hanbin.”

 

“i will not shut up! that’s my best friend and his crush!”

 

the walk home seemed longer now that hanbin kept bringing the man up. seriously, what was his deal? all we were tasked to do was to do a stupid project worth a majority of our grade. it’s literally nothing if you think about it. i mean, in my perspective, i guess. hanbin’s the type to overthink some things. he once let jinhwan sit next to him during lunch and he thought that he had the hots for him. i mean, who’d have the hots for hanbin?

 

“you know, your eyes give it away.”

 

“my eyes are literally slits, but go off.”

 

hanbin snorted at the comment. it always made him laugh when i made fun of myself. what a douche.

 

“exactly. your eyes are slits. but, when you’re around junhoe, suddenly your eyes want to bulge the out. i feel like if he hugs you tight enough, it’ll just pop right out of your sockets.”

 

i couldn’t help but laugh, shaking my head and hitting him, rolling my eyes and keeping my hands in my pocket right after smacking his back.

 

“you’re such a ing …” i sighed out, then looked over to him. “who’s your partner, though?”

 

“mmh? oh, i got the love of my life, kim jinhwan.”

 

now, it was my turn to snort.

 

“jinhwan? seriously? what’s with us and attracting the hot and popular people?”

 

“i love how that ‘love of my life’ statement just went past your ears. but, yeah, i know right? if donghyuk got chanwoo, it’s over for us.”

 

“might as well have our project in one house with all of us. take some groupfies while we're at it.”

 

“nah, thanks. i don’t want to see junhoe grabbing at your parts while we’re working.”

 

“oh, off, man!”

 

“hah, you’d like that though.”

 

i shook my head at the kid’s remarks, then dropping him off at his house. my house was just another block away, so i went on, walking alone, listening to music to distract myself from the silent walk. though, my music was then disrupted by a message.

 

junhoe 🐱🎶💕 has texted you.

 

huh.

 

hey. the simple text read and i smiled softly, texting back.

 

hi.

 

he sent me a photo. a photo of himself, doing a silly pose with his math homework. i smiled widely, not realizing the stupid grin on my face, as i kept my walking pace.

 

are you home already?

 

nope

 

where do you live?

 

why do you want to know?

 

‘cause if you live close, you’re coming over and helping me with this .

 

i laughed softly and shook my head, taking a photo of the street name.

 

go to the next left and once you see a house with white fences and a brownish gate, ring the doorbell.

 

alright, alright.

 

i followed instructions, not wanting to admit to myself that i was quite eager to go. he honestly live quite close. closer to hanbin, sure, but if i took a straight instead of a left, it would have been my house. huh. i didn’t know that he lived so close by.

 

i took a photo of the house and sent it to him, just to make sure.

 

oh . you could have at least told me my hair was bad!

 

he texted, and i giggled, sending a laughing sticker as a response, then ringing the doorbell. i didn’t get a reply back, only hearing someone opening the main door, then the door to their gate.