chapter 6.

highschool (almost) lovers.

“hey.”

 

“hi.”

 

“we always greet each other like that.” he pointed out. and, he’s not wrong. it’s kinda funny how reoccuring those two words are. i just laughed and shrugged, walking inside once he made way.

 

his house was big. it wasn’t like.. 4 stories with 8 bathrooms big, but it was big. i looked around and hummed, junhoe offering to make me some coffee, or any drink. i just asked for water, and he gave me that. as he was preparing his coffee, i peeped at how he looked, and damn. i mean it when i say he’s hot. at this moment, he wasn’t even that hot. he was barely hot. but, he was hot by not being hot. and that’s annoying as . he sported a messy bedhead, oversized metallica shirt, grey sweats, and black socks. the last thing he was trying to be was hot, and yet he was very hot. i stared for awhile, then looking away before he could see me, simply finishing the glass of water.

 

“thirsty?” he grinned, and i smiled with a quick nod. that could mean two things, and i meant it for both.

 

after a moment of silence, i decided to make conversation. “where are your parents?” i asked curiously as he stirred his coffee.

 

“mmh? oh, they’re in LA. work.”

 

“whoa. that’s far.”

 

“yeah. weren’t you a transfer student from the states?”

 

how the did you remember that.

 

"how’d you remember?”

 

“i don’t know honestly. it just struck to me.” he laughed, i couldn’t take my eyes off him, but had to gaze away and laugh shyly.

 

“well.. yeah. i was from ia. i just stayed there for grade school.”

 

i looked down at the empty glass, then looked at the other drink options i had. i wasn’t feeling juice or coffee… milk? maybe. milk tea? bigger maybe. i took one packet and without words, i asked if i could get one. he nodded and walked over to get it from me, preparing it for me.

 

“ah, you didn’t have to…”

 

“you’re the guest.”

 

well, he wasn’t wrong. i sighed, and readjusted my backpack.

 

“oh, , sorry. you can leave your stuff in my room. i’ll just bring our drinks up and we can work.”

 

“oh, it’s fine, don’t apologize.” i nodded, and was about to leave, but stopped in my tracks, looking over. “uh. where’s your room?”

 

he was obviously hiding back his laughter. “upstairs, door to the right.”

 

i nodded, went upstairs and to his room, looking around and putting down my stuff on the floor. his room was huge. it was like two of mine. there was a TV and consoles, a work desk with pictures, books, and his computer, a wall of different posters and pictures, personal polaroid pictures being hung up by twine… everything was so cool. there was even a guitar. i wanted to go and get it, but i forgot that this wasn’t my place. this was my crush’s. i can’t set a bad image by randomly getting his . so, i just looked around, and then looked to the door once it opened.

 

“make yourself comfortable.” he said, and i sat down on his bed, thanking him for the drink and sipping at it. i mentioned he had a work desk, right? well, i don’t know why, but he was working on the floor. his bag and his papers were all there, not really scattered but very prominently messy.

 

“you have a really nice place. and a nice room.”

 

"thanks. decorated it myself.”

 

“wow…” i said in awe. i truly was in awe, though. it was a very nice room. my room was a ing mess. this was messy… but a neat kind of messy.

 

i, again, tried to get a conversation to happen. “anyways, you wanna talk about our music-”

 

“why’d you move from america?” he asked. i quirked a brow, then smiled softly, looking down.

 

“uh.. financial problems.”

 

“oh, i’m sorry. you don’t have to talk about it-”

 

“no, no! it’s fine. we all just worked hard to afford a house in korea.”

 

“mmh… what was it like there? in america?”

 

“have you never been there?”

 

“i have, but only as a tourist.” he chuckled, and i don’t know what he laughed at, but it still made me smile. damn it, he’s a ray of sunshine, i can’t just ignore it.

 

“it was okay. people couldn’t pronounce my korean name. i had to learn english. food was good. atmosphere was relaxing.”

 

“couldn’t pronounce jiwon? then, what did you use?”

 

“bobby.”

 

he snorted. i glared.

 

“yah!! don’t laugh!” i playfully hit his shoulder, and he only laughed some more, shielding himself.

 

“i wasn’t!”

 

“you were!”

 

“...okay, i was.”

 

i huffed and shook my head, though the smile never left my lips.

 

“bobby..”

 

“mhm… that’s why some people in our school call me that. ‘cause when i got here, i introduced myself with bobby.”

 

“oh?”

 

“yeah.. you remember me coming from america, but not that?”

 

“whoops.”

 

“you’re ridiculous.” i laughed and he smiled, his lips, and i tried not to look. i really tried.