chapter 1.

highschool (almost) lovers.

“...kim jiwon and koo junhoe.”

 

my heart stopped at that moment.

 

hello, if you don’t know who i am, i’m kim jiwon, a senior. i’m in a school with notorious, popular boys and girls, either jocks and cheerleaders, partying every weekend, ing and possibly passing a std, and such. well, we also have our fair share of nerds, geeks, theater kids, and all that jazz. where do i stay? no clue, honestly. i’d say a nerd, just because they know how to play different instruments, but i’m nowhere near as smart. i’m not a theater kid either, because they can sing, and i can too (sorta.), but i’m a horrible actor. i think a rock would have more expressions than me. anyways, yeah, i’m a music kid. like the one who hangs out in the music rooms in anime. exactly like that.

 

and those names stated? those are the names of the people paired for one of the biggest music projects. and i’m paired with the most popular boy and football player in this damned school.

 

koo junhoe is literally the coolest guy on earth, he doesn’t even have to try. he can be picking at the dirt under his nails and girls would still try to hop on that . i wouldn’t blame them, he’s really attractive: standing at 6’3, defined but soft features, athletic, and known to be really good in bed. he’s a heartthrob, but it’s stupid to fall in love with him. girls are seen crying in the hallways because of being rejected. i haven’t seen a boy cry over him, since all the boys just want to be him.. not with him.

 

i wasn’t like the other guys.

 

the only time i’ve actually had a proper conversation with him was when he bumped into me and got me to drop all of my music sheets in the hallway.

 

“you okay?” junhoe asked with a concerned tone, kneeling down and collecting sheets of paper, then helping in arranging in proper order.

 

“yeah, i’m fine.” jiwon said, timidly, eyes never leaving the floor as he got the other pieces of paper laying on the floor. once they were finished, they both got up, and it took some time before junhoe gave back the sheets of paper. was he..reading it?

 

“did you make this?” he asked, and jiwon literally felt his heart skip a beat as he flashed a grin at his direction, rubbing the back of his neck nervously, giving the male a big smile, paired with his famous eye smiles. (that’s what he was known for. having a cute smile.)

 

“a-ah, yeah! i did.”

 

“you’re really good.” he commented, finally handing the sheets of paper to jiwon, their fingers brushing against each other. he had rough hands, which contrasted to jiwon’s soft but calloused ones. jiwon didn’t know if it was just him who felt the spark in the touch, but he sure was flustered, a blushing mess, though hiding it with his hands.

 

“really? thanks!” he replied, and watched as junhoe’s smirk turned to a full smile, almost wanting to faint right there. they didn’t exchange anymore words, and both continued to walk the opposite direction, except jiwon had to take a quick break to calm his pacing heart.

 

yeah.