chapter 12.

highschool (almost) lovers.

i got up from the bed and stood up, walking over to the bathroom door, hearing him shower. “hey, can i go ahead?” i asked, loud enough for him to hear. “sure,” he said, muffled through the door, and i wasted no time. i was hungry, and since i’m in a house that isn’t mine, it’s technically more free food. i'm living in heaven here, honestly. i walked downstairs and continued my little adventure around his house, familiarizing it, humming some songs while looking.

 

i couldn’t help but let out a small “aww” at the framed baby picture of junhoe, with his chubby cheeks and cute smile. it could melt hearts. even the coldest of people would melt at the sight of it. i put it down, then making my way to the kitchen. the hardest decision i had to make was either cook something or resort to just cereal. i didn’t really get to ask junhoe what i should do, and now i’m too shy and too lazy to go up and ask. thinking it wasn’t wise to steal a lot of food, i went with the bowl of cereal, along with milk.

 

“hey,” he soon joined, and i was too busy pouring the cereal to look up.

 

“hi-” i looked up, and i wish i didn’t.

 

junhoe’s shirtless. around me. is he being serious right now. if i wasn’t so woken up already, i would have dropped the cereal. don’t you dare come nearer, satan!

 

but he did. he walked over and stayed behind me, reaching for the glasses beside me, getting one and pouring himself a drink. he was so close. his chest was literally right at my back. i was literally frozen. i couldn’t move. i couldn’t speak. there was a silence. and i was blushing like a mad man, trembling as i put down the cereal box.

 

“gimme.” he said, still shirtless, pressing his chest up to my back and reaching over for the cereal box. holy , i want to pounce him right now. i took a deep breath and gave him some space to reach for it.

 

“y-you aren’t going to put on a shirt?” i asked, wanting him to stay shirtless, but knowing my faint heart, i wouldn’t stand a chance with him.

 

he’s ing ripped! his six-pack was defined, his body was so lean, and his v-line. oh my god. don’t get me started. i don’t want to talk about it. i’m so annoyed right now. this man is actually going to be the death of me. well, i mean, i know he was ripped to begin with, but to think that i could experience that much bare abs and muscles, it seriously just proved to me that he was ripped and i was a flaming homoual.

 

“am i making you uncomfortable?” he asked.

 

“n-no. b-but. u-uh.”

 

, i was stuttering. and , he was smirking.

 

"i like how you look at me.” he teased some more, and i rolled my eyes, hiding my face from him. he chuckled softly and placed the shirt, that rested on his shoulder, on. finally.

 

i had to calm down my face, and i started to eat once he joined me, humming happily at the food, trying to get the memory out of my head. i was using my phone on my left hand, spoon with the right, chewing and humming, minding my own business, until i heard a faint snap! of a camera.

 

“whoops.” junhoe mumbled, putting his phone on silent, and i quirked a brow, whining.

 

“yah, did you take a picture of me!!” i flailed, pouting my lips, looking at him, who was just laughing and finding my whole act amusing.

 

“nooo.” he denied, though it was so half-assed, i wanted to punch him for it.

 

“you diddd!” i pouted and he chuckled, looking at the photos as it sent to his group chat with jinhwan, chanwoo, and yunhyeong.

 

oh, yeah, forgot to mention. yunhyeong was in both of the group chats. he’s grown to be popular in our school, but we (as in, hanbin, donghyuk, and i) were his og friends. he knows everybody in our school, and everything about everyone. he knows so much that his knowledge extends to people outside of our school. so, it’s pretty fun to have him around, since he tells us a lot of juicy stuff. but, yeah, anyways! he’s the baddest of the school!

 

so, knowing that yunhyeong was in both our group chats, mine suddenly alarmed.

 

“GUYS, LOOK!” yunhyeong texted, a screenshot of junhoe’s text of me eating my cereal.

 

“AAAAASKJDASKDJ YAH KIM JIWO N  I M AC TUA LLY CRY IN G FOR U”

 

“MY BE ST FRIE  NDDDDDD IS LEAVIN G ME FOR  THE FOOTBOY!!!”

 

i decided to reply,

 

“when will u stop calling him footboy. It was a mistake i made oNE TIME”

 

“im ur bestfriend. No mistakes will go through me.”

 

“KIM JIWOOOOONNNNNNN GET THAT !!!! !!!!!”

 

“i can see hanbin’s messages from here,” junhoe commented, and i laughed, replying with an emoji before turning my phone off and silencing it.

 

“yeah, he’s loud.” i muttered, finishing my bowl and drinking the leftover cereal milk, humming happily at the taste. he watched me, and i didn’t even notice, too contented by the milk.

 

“yah, and you call me a messy eater.” he mumbled, reaching over and wiping my lips with his thumb, forcing myself to swallow in order not to choke or spit on him, letting him clean it and then wipe his finger with the wet wipes. you know. you could have just done that, koo junhoe. you could have just wiped my mouth with those wet wipes. but, no, you decided that it was today that you’ll send me to the emergency room because of a heart attack.

 

i let him do so, my lips afterwards, unable to speak, sipping on the orange juice with my eyes low, but occasionally glancing to look at him. you, koo junhoe! you’re hurting me with how lovable you are. he was just sitting there, staring idly at his phone and scrolling, but soon pointing the camera to me.
 

“smile,” he said, and i whined.

 

“yah, wait, is my hair okay?” i asked, pouting, and he let me use the front camera to check my hair. i fixed it down, then posing for the picture.

 

he smiled widely, posting the photos on his twitter, tagging me. i knew i was going to get a bunch of notifications for this, so i didn’t bother to turn on my phone to check.

 

“i want a picture together.” i said softly, and he looked over to me, giving me a kind smile and nod. he turned the camera to the front one, raising his arm up and placing the both of us in frame, then taking some photos.

 

“aww, we’re adorable.”

 

together? i thought, again, jokingly. then giving myself an internal highfive. man, i’m lame.

 

“yeah, we are. ‘cause you’re adorable!” wow, daring moves from kim jiwon!

 

“nah, i think the cute one between us is you.” wow, you!

 

my blush was faint, but my smile wasn’t, i just shook my head and laughed, knowing i can’t win against him.