chapter 13. [ junhoe's pov.]

highschool (almost) lovers.

you know, everything about kim jiwon is sunshine and rainbows.

 

after i sent him the photos for him to post, i couldn’t help but watch him and inhale all the little details. the sunlight hit his face so beautifully, creating some sort of cheerful yet serene atmosphere, his features were well lit and defined, but with such dramatic effect from the shape of his face and lighting, he was still a soft bunny. he was quite a clumsy one too, either that, or accident prone. or, worse, careless, but i highly doubt that. why? ‘cause he was too busy staring at his phone that he nearly knocked off his glass and splashed some milk on himself. it was silly.

 

i don’t usually say this, especially to a guy, but he was beautiful. everything about him was beautiful and endearing, both appearance and personality-wise. he was attractive and cute, and to add with that, talented and caring. i don’t understand how people think i’m anything great when kim jiwon exists.

 

“yah, are you done? your cereal’s going to get soggy.” he called out, finally having his phone down, though his cheeks were a tint of pink. wonder why.

 

“hm? oh, yeah. forgot.” i laughed. “it’s fine, i don’t mind it.” lies. i hate soggy cereal. but, i had to give off a good impression, that i’m a good kid who finishes his food. i guess i got too caught up into staring. i continued to eat, finishing it, drinking the milk, then getting our bowls.

 

“hey, junhoe?” i turned around, drying my hands as jiwon called, making a small hum of acknowledgement.

 

“do you mind if i just wear your sweats going home? i’m too lazy to change to my pants.. i’ll wash them!” oh, damn it.

 

he had to leave. i didn’t want him to leave. i  my lips and quirked a brow, attempting to make a good answer in my head.

 

“do you have to go?” i asked, not really hesitantly, but quietly. he was quiet. i don’t know if my words were messed up or selfish, but i didn’t like how quiet it was. i decided to put down a little lie. “i was just about to ask you if you wanted to hangout with jinhwan, chanwoo, yunhyeong and i. you can bring donghyuk and hanbin, if you want.” i said. little lie, because it isn’t true, but it’ll happen in a bit, as i spazz text the group chat later to persuade them into going out.

 

he did it again. blinking and looking cute and confused, but his eyes then turned to crescents and his smile was too bright that it made the sun look dim. “seriously?”

 

"yeah,” no. not yet, but we’ll see.

 

“okay!” he giggled happily, and that alone was music to my ears. i smiled, watching him bounce and text the group chat he was in.

 

guys, sorry this is sudden, but hangout with jiwon and his friends. myeongdong. i texted to my groupchat.

 

wtf srsly i just woke up a whole mess smfh u know i need to know plans a week prior so i can have an outfit prepared

 

okay ( o v o )

 

o jinan hyung! hanbin-hyung’s gonna be there! ( o v o ) <3

 

shut up ugly

 

yunhyeong sent a sticker with the word “okay”, and i sighed in relief, then taking a peek at jiwon’s phone. this is all i could read, because they typed in capital letters, though i couldn’t see what jiwon was writing.

 

DONG LETS NOT GO LOL LETS JUST LEAVE THEM ON THEIR DATE KKKKK

 

OMG UR RIGHT!??!?!! FOR ONCE UR SMART

 

i smiled a little. a date? i then walked over to him and placed my chin on his shoulder, trying to read his messages, then watching him quickly swipe the messenger app away.

 

“i was reading that.” i chuckled, pulling away from him, smiling as he blushed again. it was so easy to fluster him, ugh, he’s too cute.

 

“as if i’d ever let you read that.” he smiled, getting up from his seat, humming and stretching. “i can go home and get ready, and we can meet up in myeongdong?”

 

i didn’t like that. therefore, suggest an alternative. he’ll probably give in anyway.

 

“or i’ll get ready, then i’ll walk with you to your house. at least i’ll know where you live.” i smiled, and his eyes widened again, lips gaped at the loss of words, but quickly nodding.

 

“okay,” he said softly, and i followed him back to my room.