A flight with Jay

Because of You[tube]

Your hand reached out and shook Jay's "Hi," you greeted with a smile "I'm ~~~~~, I'm a really big fan." You admitted so many things were running through your mind -"ohmygosh I shook Jay Parks hand! He's sitting next to me! We are breathing the same air!"- but these thoughts were interupted by Jay's heavenly voice

"Oh, You are? Well nice to meet you ~~~~~," He smiled and sat down.

It was silent for a few minutes before you finally spoke up

"uhh...excuse me Jay."

"Yeah?" He turned and looked at you.

"umm, well, I am a hardcore Jaywalker right but I had absolutely no idea you were in Australia..."

"oh yeah, I was just visiting and stuff it wasn't for concerts and shows and stuff like that...this was kind of my recreational leisure time," he answered before you could ask the question.

"really?" You said, sounding relieved that you didn't miss a jay park concert "well, did you enjoy your stay in Australia?"

"Yeah I did thanks, I did a lot of really cool stuff."

"cool, what did you do?" You asked starting to feel less awkward.

"I went to Taronga Zoo and Held a snake for the first time in my life," Jay started

"Oh really!?! I went to Taronga Zoo and got by an echidna!!" You told him. Jay laughed

"wow that's weird, what did it feel like?"

"Wet and Sticky but cool at the same time," you said, sounding unsure if that was the right way to describe it "What was it like holding a snake?"

"FREAKIN' SCARY MAN!!" Jay yelled "I thought it was going to bite me. But you know, I wouldn't have cared if it bit me because, you know, I'm a man and...yeah" You laughed at Jay

"You do know that they wouldn't let you hold a venomous snake right? You had nothing to be scared of," You informed him. You and Jay spent many hours talking before the stewardess came around with your lunch.

"Oh! This looks good!" You exclaimed.

"seriously?" jay said giving you a look "You like this stuff?"

"Yes I like this stuff and don't look at me like that!"

"But no one likes airplane food..." jay said, poking his lunch with his fork.

"No you dumb-bat, nobody likes HOSPITAL food and the FISH they serve on planes." You said with a serious tone but laughing at the same time.

"What? What's wrong with plane fish?"

"Ever seen Flying High?" You asked.

"No."

"well, Every one who ate the fish got food poisoning therefore all plane fish is bad."

"oh, I get it, just because one movie makes fish the bad guy...it automatically makes all fish bad?" Jay said sarcastically.

"yes, as a matter of fact, it does."

You both laughed and continued talking about nonsense. You became very comfortable around Jay and the both of you started talking about things that you would only ever tell Jason or Ryan. You don't know why it felt so easy to open up to him but you liked the feeling. After a few minutes of silence, you finally asked Jay something that you had been wanting to ask him since the beginning of the flight.

"Jay," you started "can I ask you something...it's kind of personal so you don't need to answer it if you don't want to...and I don't want to offend you either but...yeah," you looked at Jay.

"well, I think you've told me enough about you that you deserve a question...so go for it," he, once again, smiled at you. You took a breath

"Do you still think about 2PM? Or do you miss them? I mean it breaks my heart to see that your not 'together' as a group anymore but it breaks my heart even more because we never see you with them or catching up with them and...yeah." You stopped and looked at jay. He was looking at the ground and you kind of wished you hadn't asked him. The silence felt like it lasted years and you thought you were going to explode but then Jay finally spoke up.

"~~~~~,to be honest, I think about 2PM everyday..." He took a deep breath before continuing "and the more I think about them the more I miss them. I miss their smiles, their laughs, the energy you feel when you're around them. They were like brothers to me and I can't just...forget them you know?"

You nodded before he continued

"it pains me, knowing that my relationship won't be the same as it was before. I wish that I could see them and meet up with them again, not as group members or used-to-be work mates but as friends...that's what I miss most, our friendship..."

You stared at Jay letting everything you just heard sink in. You could feel your eyes starting to water but you didn't know what to say so you just sat there like a helpless guinea pig.

"Jay..." You spoke before you were ready to.

Jay looked up at you and smiled "did that answer your question?" He asked.

You nodded "yeaah....thanks, I guess, for answering."

"No worries," he said, trying to lighten the mood "it just means that I get to ask a super personal question about you and you have to answer, alright?"

"okay," you laughed and agreed "it's getting late, I think I'm going to sleep now...goodnight"

you pushed your seat back and started to fall asleep.

"Goodnight ~~~~~, I will get my answer when we land." Jay then pushed his seat back and went to sleep

. **************************************************

You were woken up by the captain's voice

"Hello passengers, this is your captain speaking, we will be arriving at your destination in 20 minutes, we hope you enjoyed your flight and we will be seeing you again soon."

You were looking around the plane, still half asleep.

"Good Morning ~~~~~! We are going to land soon...that was the captain speaking by the way so you can stop looking around as if you heard the voice of God," Jay said, chuckling at his own joke.

"asffkewdfllc....rredgs." you replied. Jay laughed

"I see you're not a morning person, well in that case i'll ask my question later."

You nodded your head and Jay smiled.

By the time you landed you were fully awake and back to your normal happy self. You went through airport security with Jay and eventually your time with Jay was coming to a close.

"Well, this is where you part ways," you said "it was nice getting to know you."

You held out your hand and smiled but jay didn't shake it.

"you're forgetting something." Jay told you, wagging his finger.

"I am?.......oh right! Your Question?!" Jay patted your head

"yes, my question," Jay his imaginary beard, acting as if he was thinking of a question to ask

"hmmmm...what to ask...so many questions...WAIT I KNOW," Jay smirked at you "My question is...What's your number?" You laughed

"you dumb-bat, it took you that long to ask me that?"

"Hey! I was building up tension!"

"well, it didn't work," you laughed abd gave Jay your number "i have to go now." You told Jay

"BYEEEE!!!" He shouted as you two parted ways.

"bye," you laughed to yourself and walked off.