The Coffee Shop

Because of You[tube]

 

.__.
 
You and Junho walked together through the snow in silence. You wanted to ask him where he waswalking but you were too taken aback by how beautiful the morning Seoul looked covered in snow. 
Much sooner than you had expected, Junho stopped walking and faced a small coffee shop with a smile on his face. 
"We're here!" He announced as he opened the door for you to enter. The shop wasn't anything fancy but it was cute and it felt homey to you. 
 
"This is nice." You smiled at Junho as you took off your coat and placed it on a seat.
 
"Yeah, it is." He agreed smiling back before telling you to sit down as he went to order drinks for the two of you. You notice that he seemed to be rather friendly with the boy at the counter and assumed that he had been to this coffee shop a numerous amount of times. He came back holding the two drinks and placed yours in front of you. You happily took a sip as the taste of the warm white hot chocolate trickled down your throat. 
 
"Do you come here a lot?" You asked, placing the cup on the table.
 
"Only when I'm feeling nostalgic or when I can't sleep at night." Junho answered, tracing the top of his cup with his finger. 
You carefully studied his face as he looked deep in thought and that could only make you more curios as to what he was thinking about.
 
"Would you mind telling me a story then?" You asked as Junho looked up at you with a confused expression. "You said you only come here when you're feeling nostalgic or when you can't sleep at night," you shrugged before continuing "and since it's not late at night, my best bet is to believe that you're feeling nostalgic." Junho nodded in agreement.
 
"Well, what do you want to hear?" He asked you
 
"I don't know," you paused for a moment to think "How did you find this coffee shop?" 
He smiled widely as he reminisced about his earlier years before  he began his story.
 
                     ~~~~~~~~~~ 
"Aish, it's so cold." A young Junho said, breathing into his hands in an attempt to warm himself up. He looked outside his classroom window to see the snow slowly falling from the sky and finding its place on the ground. 
"When will the school fix their heating system. Honestly." He thought to himself. He looked at the clock to see that the lesson was almost over. He listened to the clock slowly ticking away and counted down the seconds in his head *5......4......3......2.....1* 
 
The bell rang and all the students started heading out the door as quickly as their legs could carry them. Just as Junho was about to leave the room, the teacher called him. He let out a small huff before turning around and walking to the teacher. 
 
"Junho, have you noticed your grades recently? They've been slipping. I know you are busy with training but if your grades continue to fall, I may have to have a meeting with your parents and discuss the matter with them, but I think the reason that your grades are falling is because of your traineeship at JYP, correct?" The teacher stared at him and he nodded back. 
The teacher sighed before continuing 
"I just want the best for you and you can't just rely on the fact that you're a trainee at JYP to get you through life. Some people never get the chance to debut and even if you do, there's no guarantee that the public will love you either. I'm just saying that it never hurts to have a backup plan, alright?" The teacher looked at him with a look of concern before dismissing Junho.
 
*What a fun way to start off the weekend* Junho thought sarcastically. He walked out of the school building and stared at the winter wonderland before him, the cold air piercing his cheeks yet somehow he found it rather relaxing.
 
As he was about to embark on his journey home, he heard a sniffle. Turning to his right, he saw a small girl that looked around his age shivering without a jacket. He walked over to the girl and tapped her on the shoulder, the girl looked up and her eyes widened.
 
"J-J-Junho?" She squeaked.
 
"Why don't you have a jacket on?" He asked in curiosity. The girl looked away from him before muttering something inaudible.
"I'm sorry, what was that?" Junho asked, moving so he could see the girl's face. 
 
"I said these girls took it from me." She said quietly. Junho's eyes widened in concern and the girl noticed. "Oh please don't worry about it! It happens all the time!" She waved her hands at Junho before he grabbed onto them and put them down to her side. He then let go of her hands before reaching up and taking off his jacket and handing it to her. 
 
"Here, put it on." He said 
 
"Oh no, I couldn't, this is yours!" The girl objected, trying to push the jacket back to Junho but it didn't work. After countless times of the girl trying to convince Junho to take his jacket, he let out a sigh and walked behind her and wrapped her up in the jacket himself. 
The girl squeaked and Junho chuckled at her.
 
*cute* he thought. 
"Come on, I'll walk you home." 
 
The two started walking home. Every now and then the girl would ask again if Junho wanted his jacket back, in which he politely tell her he's fine. Apart from that not much was said. After a few minutes of walking, the girl piped up. 
 
"Junho! There's a coffee shop around here, it's my favourite! Can we stop by there first please?" She asked excitedly. Junho smiled at her and nodded 
 
"Why not?" He replied.
 
They both entered the shop. It was small, nothing fancy about it but it felt homey.
 
*this is nice* Junho thought, giving it a nod of approval. 
 
The girl told him to sit while she went and ordered the drinks. When he was waiting, a young boy came up to him and tapped his shoulder.
 
"Hey mister! I've never seen you around before, are you new?" The little boy asked.
 
He laughed at the boy, "uhh...yeah I am." Junho smiled at him.
 
"Where's your jacket? It's snowing outside and my mum told me never to go outside without a jacket when it's snowing, didn't your mum teach you that?" The little boy asked again.
 
"Yeah, My Mum told me that too but you see that girl over there? She's wearing mine because someone took hers." Junho said, pointing to the girl.
 
"You know Hyori noona?" The boy asked
 
*Hyori* Junho thought as he nodded at the boy.
 
"Well any friend of Noona is a friend of mine, I'm Kyungsoo!" The boy named Kyungsoo chirped. 
 
"I'm Junho." He smiled at Kyungsoo, when a little girl came running over to the two boys, followed closely behind by Hyori.
 
"Hi, I'm Eunji, who are you?" She greeted cutely. Before Junho had the chance to answer, Kyungsoo cut in 
 
"HE'S NOONA'S BOYFRIEND!" He said, pointing proudly at Junho. 
 
Hyori's eyes widened "What did you say?!?" She exclaimed almost dropping the drinks. Junho laughed at Hyori's reaction and Kyungsoo looked confused.
 
"Did I say something wrong?" He asked Junho.
Junho then explained to the boy that he wasn't Hyori's boyfriend, just her friend. Kyungsoo nodded in understanding. 
 
"Alright, I think we should go now..." Hyori stated getting ready to leave and trying to hide her reddening cheeks.
 
"Okay! Bye Noona! Bye Hyung!" Kyungsoo waved and Junho gave Kyungsoo a high 5 before leaning down and whispering in Kyungsoo's ear. Kyungsoo's eyes went large making him look adorable and Junho put his finger to his lip, making a shushing action.
 
"You can't tell anyone okay?" Junho told him. 
Kyungsoo nodded and saluted him. 
 
"Don't worry Hyung! Your secret's safe with me!" 
Junho laughed and waved before walking out the door behind Hyori.
 
The two walked to Hyori's house, sipping on the drinks Hyori had bought - white hot chocolates, to match the snowy day. Junho was walking like nothing happened whereas Hyori was walking awkwardly, trying not to stand too close to the man that was just mistaken as her boyfriend. At last , they reached the home and Hyori turned to thank Junho before walking into her home. 
 
                    ~~~~~~~
 
"Aaaaaand that's pretty much how I found this place." Junho ended his story and you nodded in understanding. 
 
"Little kids just love thinking that the girls you hang out with are you girlfriends right?" You joked, remembering the events that happened earlier that day. 
 
"Yeah, I guess so." Junho laughed. 
 
"And the kid in your story, Kyungsoo, is he..." You looked over to the guy serving at the counter 
 
"Yup!" He answered "we've been friends for years! He's in highschool now, goes to G-Academy not too far from here." 
 
You made an 'O' shape with your mouth before standing up and dusting yourself off. "Well, it's getting late, we better get back to the dorm now."
 
You said as you and Junho walked out of the coffee shop, waving goodbye to Kyungsoo on the way out. 
 
_________________________________
 
I'M SO SO SO SO SO SORRY THAT I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN OVER TWO MONTHS!! IM STILL TRYING TO GET INTO THE SWING OF YEAR 11. WE'VE HAD SO MUCH HOMEWORK AND ASSIGNMENTS LATELY AND I'VE HAD NO TIME TO UPDATE! I DON'T EVEN HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO TAKE NAPS IN THE AFTERNOON ANYMORE OTL Hopefully I'll be able to get better at managing my time so I can juggle school, exercise (ie basketball), and free time better because at the moment it goes:
School work, eat, exercise, school work, sleep, repeat.
 
I'll try my hardest to update whenever I can but these two years are pretty big years but don't fret, only five more weeks of school and then I'll be on holidays LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN! (...although I do actually have plans to hang out with people during the holidays...) :/