Hard Times

Was this stranger really my lover!?

8 a.m. Irene's and Bogum's place

 

It’s been already a week and Irene kept having those dreams, it was like they were haunting her, in most of her dreams the soldier appeared, the face was still familiar but she didn’t know where have she seen it before.

 

It was Monday, Irene woke up at her usual time, she looked around and noticed Bogum was already up.

 

“Sorry Irene, but I have a meeting in thirty minutes and I didn’t want to wake up you sooner because this time you were sleeping peacefully, I’m taking your car since mine is still getting fixed” Bogum said as he entered the room to grab this portfolio.

 

Irene sighed and rolled her eyes hearing that, she knew she would have to walk to get to the company, it wasn’t far, it was only a fifteen minute walk, but she didn’t want to do that while wearing heels and a skirt.

 

“You could’ve woken me up earlier even if you dropped me an hour before” told him, Bogum went to her and gave her a peck.

“I’m really sorry, but I didn’t want to bother you, I have to get going, I’ll see you later!”

 

Just after he left, Irene got out of bed and went to do her morning routine. She decided to wear sneakers just for her walk and bring her heels on her bag to change when she gets to her company.

 

“Park Bogum I swear, I know you’re trying to be considerate but you don’t think further” she said to herself expressing her frustration.

 

She went to the kitchen just to eat cereal as her breakfast when her phone suddenly rang, she looked at the call ID and it was only her best friend Joy, she picked up.

 

“Why are you calling me this early?” Irene answered grabbing the milk box for her cereal.

“Unnie! Why didn’t you tell me you’re getting married!?” the girl on the other line sounded so excited for her friend, Irene sighed.

“Chill, we don’t even know when will the wedding be, we haven’t really talked about it yet”

“But still! You didn’t tell me about your engagement and I’m supposed to be your best friend, do you know how bad it is just to come to know about it because a picture Bogum posted on his instagram!?”

 

“Sorry Joy, but I’ve been just busy with work, especially right now since CEO Kwon wants to get bigger expand the company”

“Isn’t she big enough already?”

“Yes, but she wants to be way more than that, anyway, I have to hurry I’m kind of late for work, I’ll call you later”

“Sure, you better! Have a nice day unnie”

They finally hung up and Irene quickly ate her breakfast, she grabbed her bag and it was kind of heavy because of the heels inside it.

 

“You’re so dead Park Bogum”

 


 

8 a.m. Wendy’s and Taeyeon’s place.

 

Wendy and Taeyeon were still in bed until a phone started to ring interrupting their beautiful sleep, the first one to wake up to that was Wendy, who groaned in annoyance.

 

“Yah! Kim Taeyeon, it’s your phone, please shut it” Wendy slightly kicked Taeyeon under the covers so the older girl could react but she just decided to ignore it until it stopped ringing. But it didn’t pass more than 1 minute for the phone to start ringing again.

 

“Geez, who the hell is calling this early in the morning, we don’t go to work until 9 a.m.” Taeyeon said finally turning around to get her phone but her eyes widened in surprise when she saw who’s calling her.

 

“Wendy! It’s Tiffany! What do I tell her!?” she exclaimed.

“Just answer!”

 

“H-hello Tiffany” Taeyeon answered nervously, she felt like she would have a heart attack.

“Good morning Tae, you were oversleeping, weren’t you? Anyway, I have a proposal for you”

 

When Taeyeon heard that she couldn’t believe her ears, did Tiffany want to come back?

 

“P-p-proposal!?” Wendy couldn’t help but get up once she heard her friend saying that word, she was taken aback by it just as much as Taeyeon was.

 

“Yes, it’s up to you to take it or leave it, you see Yul wants to expand the company which means she’ll need another building and she was looking for some nice architects and I recommended you to her and she said it would be lovely if you guys could take the project, of course there are tons of other bigger architecture offices and pretty well known and recognized that Yul can afford, but I thought it would be nice to help a friend”

 

Of course Tiffany wouldn’t just call Taeyeon like this just for it, all of her hopes were broken when she heard Yul coming from her ex, should she really take the offer or would she let her pride take over her and not helping her ex’s girlfriend with her ambition. Screw Kwon Yuri, if it’s for Tiffany and it’ll make it happy I should accept.

 

“That sounds amazing Tiffany, we’ll gladly do it” Taeyeon answered, she could hear the other girl squeal in happiness over the phone.

“Thank you so much Tae! You don’t mind coming to our meeting at 8:30, do you?”

“Of course I don’t, I’ll be there don’t worry”

 

Taeyeon hung up after Tiffany thanked her again, she was still in some kind of shock after her call with Tiffany.

 

“So… are you and Tiffany coming back together?” Wendy asked knocking some sense back into Taeyeon.

“Oh no, she called to offer us this project for Kwon Yuri’s company and I accepted”

“You did!? I mean, it’s amazing she offered that to us, sounds like a really big project, but I can’t believe, and I’m actually glad, your pride didn’t hold you back”

 

Taeyeon looked at their window dreamly, almost one and a half years has already passed since Tiffany broke up with her, but she still had some feelings for the girl, though she held a huge grudge against Kwon Yuri.

 

“I only accepted because Tiffany asked and as long as she is happy I’m willing to do anything” Wendy laughed at her friend’s response.

“You’re just whipped after all this time”

 

The older girl looked at the time on her phone and it was already five minutes past 8.

 

“Oh , I’m late” Taeyeon said quickly grabbing her clothes to get ready.

“Late for what?”

“Tiffany told me to go to their meeting at 8:30”

 

Taeyeon took the quickest shower of her life, she didn’t even eat breakfast, she went back to their room to get her papers.

 

“Wendy, I’m taking your car, it’s an emergency”

“And how am I supposed to get to our office if your sister has your car at the moment?” Wendy asked annoyed, it’s not like she minded Taeyeon taking her car but she was just feeling a little bit lazy thanks to that early phone call.

 

“You can call a cab or an uber, you know, or even better you can walk, actually if you go go by walking please stop by the store and get some donuts, I didn’t have breakfast” Taeyeon told her.

 

Wendy rolled her eyes and nodded, she didn’t have any other choice.

 

“Okay, you win, but you owe me”

“Of course, thank you so much Wan” Taeyeon leaned over and kissed her in return.

“Yah! Kim Taeyeon! I don’t want your kisses!” the older girl laughed and just turned back.

“Yeah, sure, you love them!” and with that Taeyeon finally left their apartment.

 

“How can Taeyeon kiss me just like nothing after she just had a call with her ex who she’s still not so over her” Wendy said to herself.

 

She got out of bed and looked at the time, they actually overslept, she took a shower and ate breakfast, she decided to walk to their office. Thankfully they could wear comfortable clothes such as jeans and sneakers, unlike some other women who worked at companies and had to wear heels and skirts.

 

Wendy finally go out of their place and decided to go get the donuts Taeyeon asked her for first, she still had some time.

 

Everything was pretty normal, just a trivial morning, people walking around, some on their cars driving to get to their work, Wendy decided to relax until a particular scene right in front of her captured her attention.

 


 

Irene was walking down the street, she was still a little bit angry at the fact Bogum just left her like that, but it was their job after all, everyone needed to do sacrifices and this time was her turn.

 

The walk was fine until she noticed how a really strange man was walking towards her, he was wearing a very thick jacket, a hat and shades.

 

Irene got scared, she decided to change ways to see if the man stopped following her or to see if it was just her imagination, but to her surprise the man kept track on her. He kept getting closer until he grabbed her by her arm, Irene’s eyes widened in shock.

 

“Now give me everything you have” the man spoke as he grabbed Irene’s bag but she stepped back preventing him from taking her things, the man took a knife he had in his pocket and pointed it right at Irene.

 

“Just do what I told you and I won’t hurt you” but Irene just couldn’t react, she was so scared to move.

 

Seeing how the girl in front of him reacted, the man decided to attack her, when Irene saw his movement she managed to let out a pretty high scream and right before the knife could strike her she felt how someone shielded her.

 

“You bastard! How can you do that to a woman!?” when Irene heard that voice she shivered, that voice was so familiar, she looked at the person and it was a short woman, she noticed the man managed to hurt her arm, at this point everyone’s eyes were on them.

 

And soon some cops arrived taking the man with them, Irene was still scared, she was shaking from what just happened.

“Are you okay? I’m sorry this had to happen to you, it’s sad people like that man exist, my name is Wendy by the way” the stranger turner around to face Irene.

 

When Wendy finally looked at the person she just saved her eyes widened and she felt like her heart stopped, she looked just like Joohyun, now they both were standing right in front of each other speechless.

 


 
A/N: and so they met! :)